Condoleezza Rice Loves Led Zeppelin?

MightyZep

It was way less of a surprise to learn Jessie Ventura (wrestler/politician) was a big fan.

A big part of the magic of music for me is the bringing of disparate peoples together.

I think Jimmy Carter was a fan as well.

He was. Before he was elected, he talked about listening to the 4th album in the governor's mansion in Georgia. He wasn't too hip to Presence though, which came out the year he was elected. Hots on for Nowhere and For Your Life didn't really fit the theme of the election campaign. :D

Yep.Condi born right here in Birmingham and digs Led Zeppelin.

Most of you fine people here seem to hate her former boss with a fucking passion.

I hope the new boss still has everyone punch drunk and tingly all over.

The new Secretary of State might do well to plug in Physical Graffiti prior to important international undertakings.In its entirety,this might amp Hill up enough to make the community organizer look "organized."

Remember:"If it keeps on rainin', the levee's goin' to break."

Yep.Condi born right here in Birmingham and digs Led Zeppelin.

Most of you fine people here seem to hate her former boss with a fucking passion.

I hope the new boss still has everyone punch drunk and tingly all over.

The new Secretary of State might do well to plug in Physical Graffiti prior to important international undertakings.In its entirety,this might amp Hill up enough to make the community organizer look "organized."

Remember:"If it keeps on rainin', the levee's goin' to break."

That's why the conservatives had to go.Somebody had to stop the rain! :rolleyes:

:D Great artist - when I saw him, it was just with his guitar - fantastic show.

Last time I saw him it was just him, his guitar, a harmonica and his wife, Allison Moorer. I see where he's going to be playing with John Prine soon at Wolf Trap. That ought to be one for the books.

Last time I saw him it was just him, his guitar, a harmonica and his wife, Allison Moorer. I see where he's going to be playing with John Prine soon at Wolf Trap. That ought to be one for the books.

Most definitely a show worth attending if you could.

I could use a Rorer or Lemmon at this time.

And the rain will turn into...?

jabe! You can't handle the Rorer or the Lemmon! ;) They make you drool and everyone knows that drooling is unbecoming! :drool: and then comes... :faint1::P

The rain will turn into pennies from heaven, for you and me!

One for the books sounds just about right!!!I would love to see that one.Looks like it's June 5th.Have you ever been to Wolf Trap,Jahfin?

I just googled it and it looks like an awesome venue.I'm guessing it's about a 6 hour drive from here,depending on the DC traffic. :slapface:

Staying on topic,I heard that Condi liked our boys a few years back.She's alright!

I remember reading about this during the Bush administration.

How's it going "eternal light?" Now I know how Harry Whittington got shot by Vice President Dick Cheney during that hunting trip here in Texas. Along with President Bush, ALL THREE WERE ROCKING OUT TO LED ZEPPELIN! ROCK ON!

Most definitely a show worth attending if you could.

One for the books sounds just about right!!!I would love to see that one.Looks like it's June 5th.Have you ever been to Wolf Trap,Jahfin?

I just googled it and it looks like an awesome venue.I'm guessing it's about a 6 hour drive from here,depending on the DC traffic.

Never been to Wolf Trap but I'd love to someday. Prine will be in Durham at the new Performing Arts Center with Amos Lee next Saturday but that show is also out of the question right now. I just saw him a couple of years ago in Cary and he was as kickass as always.

Never been to Wolf Trap but I'd love to someday. Prine will be in Durham at the new Performing Arts Center with Amos Lee next Saturday but that show is also out of the question right now. I just saw him a couple of years ago in Cary and he was as kickass as always.

Gah,if I don't pay a couple of bills,I could probably go. :bagoverhead:

Amos Lee is great. I saw him a couple of years ago.

Lol. Can y'all imagine if Zep was to go on tour and you look over next to you and see Condi rockin it out to Black Dog or something... that would be the greatest moment of my life.

LOL!! That would be so funny! Cool to hear she's a Zeppelin fan. B)

Lol. Can y'all imagine if Zep was to go on tour and you look over next to you and see Condi rockin it out to Black Dog or something... that would be the greatest moment of my life.

How's it going "MightyZep?" That would be G-R-E-A-T!!!! It would even be better if Condi was Rockin' out with Puff Daddy! ROCK ON!

He was. Before he was elected, he talked about listening to the 4th album in the governor's mansion in Georgia. He wasn't too hip to Presence though, which came out the year he was elected. Hots on for Nowhere and For Your Life didn't really fit the theme of the election campaign. :D

That's a surprise. I can't picture Jimmy Carter, rocking out to Zep. But, you never know.

Just saw Jay Leno tonight and was really surprised when Ms. Rice revealed that her favorite band is Led Zeppelin. She went on to explain that when she listens to her ipod while exercising she can really "be with Led Zeppelin". Personally, I think that's very random and very cool. Regardless of what you think of her... that's quite awesomely unexpected. What do you think?

Its true...I heard it too

That's a surprise. I can't picture Jimmy Carter, rocking out to Zep. But, you never know.

Back in the 70s Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Charlie Daniels, the Allmans and others played benefit concerts during Carter's campaign for office. Now, whether he actually listened to them or not is anyone's guess but everything I recall reading said he was a fan.

atl_music_brief1-1_20060426.jpg

(l-r) Phil Walden, Gregg Allman & Jimmy Carter