Aerosmith/ZZ Top Summer Tour

Jahfin

Usually they have got a couple of great songs but the production use to suck. Bad drum sound and the sound is too slick. If they want it to sound like Rocks they really have to go back and listen to how it was produced. It's not only about songwriting.

Usually they have got a couple of great songs but the production use to suck. Bad drum sound and the sound is too slick. If they want it to sound like Rocks they really have to go back and listen to how it was produced. It's not only about songwriting.

Most of Aerosmith's songwriting the last twenty years or so has been horrible. There's honestly less than a handful of good songs IMO.

Most of Aerosmith's songwriting the last twenty years or so has been horrible. There's honestly less than a handful of good songs IMO.

Amen to that! The last disc I loved from them was Pump back in what '89 or so?

Other than a song here or there I haven't cared for the majority of their output since they regrouped. They still know how to bring it live though, or least they did when I saw them on the Get A Grip tour which has admittedly been quite some time ago now. Same for ZZ Top, I finally saw them live back in the early 00s but haven't really enjoyed any of their records all the way through since at least Deguello.

Other than a song here or there I haven't cared for the majority of their output since they regrouped. They still know how to bring it live though, or least they did when I saw them on the Get A Grip tour which has admittedly been quite some time ago now. Same for ZZ Top, I finally saw them live back in the early 00s but haven't really enjoyed any of their records all the way through since at least Deguello.

I would have to agree with you. They're fun live but I've never been a huge fan of their music - even their early stuff. I like it but I can't say I listen to it anymore or have for a long time.

I would have to agree with you. They're fun live but I've never been a huge fan of their music - even their early stuff. I like it but I can't say I listen to it anymore or have for a long time.

Aerosmith or ZZ?

Sorry - Aerosmith. Never saw ZZ Top but I don't really care for them at all.

Even though I have a soft spot for a good portion of Draw the Line and Night in the Ruts, I think the last truly great Aerosmith record was Rocks. Just like Zep, Sabbath, Foghat, and all the other artists I grew up listening to in the 70s I always return to those albums. As for ZZ Top, their Tres Hombres record was one of the very first I ever owned so they were a favorite early on for me.

I mainly like their 70's output, but I like quite a lot of songs from Draw The Line and Get A Grip too. Permanent Vacation and Pump came out when I was a teen and I loved it back then, but now I don't know what to think about it.. Unfortunatly Get A Grip is only known for the ballads that were released on singles and was in heavy rotation on MTV. I say it's their ballads that ruins their reputation as good songwriters because I think they still can put together great rock songs.

Walk On Down (Joe Perry on vocals) from Get A Grip

Never cared that much for their latter day ballads such as Amazing or when they started working with outside writers so they could attempt to construct a hit. Songs like You See Me Crying show they can do ballads effectively, this just didn't come across with the MTV-friendly stuff. Even their latter day more rock oriented material was pretty weak and seemed designed for their newfound MTV audience.

Will be seeing ZZ Top when They play at Doningtons Download festival in June :)..Looking foreward ro seeing Dream Theatre there too.

I'm seeing them at the WMMR BBQ Fest. In the pit with ZZ!! :D

Here's the tour dates. I can't believe they are not playing the Philly or NYC arenas. The closest is the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ . I hate this place because it's full of cops including ones who dress up like fans to bust the potheads. Lame. I hope they add more dates but some Aerosmith freak on there website claims this is it. I'm not a huge fan but I wanted to see them one more time (the other time being back in 1987). Thanks for nothing Aerosmith:

Date City

Wed. 6/10 St. Louis, MO*

Sat. 6/13 East Troy, WI*

Tues 6/16 Boston, MA

Sun 6/21 Washington, DC

Wed 6/24 Pittsburgh, PA

Fri 6/26 Wantagh, NY

Sun 6/28 Uncasville, CT

Wed 7/1 Cincinnati, OH

Fri 7/3 Hershey, PA

Sun 7/5 Virginia Beach, VA+

Tue 7/7 Raleigh, NC

Thurs 7/9 Charlotte, NC

Sat 7/11 Tampa, FL

Mon 7/13 Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Wed 7/15 Atlanta, GA

Fri 7/17 Houston, TX

Sun 7/19 Dallas, TX

Sat 7/25 Las Vegas, NV

Tues 7/27 Phoenix, AZ

Thurs 7/30 Tulsa, OK

Sat 8/1 Denver, CO

Mon 8/17 Seattle, WA

Wed 8/19 Concord, CA

Sun 8/23 Irvine, CA

Fri 8/28 Chicago, IL+

Sun 8/30 Indianapolis, IN

Tues 9/1 Kansas City, MO

Thurs 9/3 Toronto, ONT

Sat 9/5 Ottawa, ONT

Tues 9/8 St. Paul, MN

Thurs 9/10 Cleveland, OH

Sat 9/12 Holmdel, NJ

Wed 9/16 Detroit, MI

* No ZZ Top

June 26th is at the Jones Beach Theater in Long Island - don't know if that's close to you or not.

No. That's a long ride on the train for me. If I was really into them, I would consider doing it.

Thanks for posting the dates up there. I'll probably go to the Toronto show. Not a fan of ZZ Top, but I would like to see Aerosmith again.

Try not to miss ZZ. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how good they are live. Billy Gibbons is one bad-ass guitar player!

Try not to miss ZZ. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how good they are live. Billy Gibbons is one bad-ass guitar player!

I will definitely check them out. A few people have mentioned this to me.

On a side note, I was checking out some of the fan club tour packages for both Aerosmith & ZZ Top. If you want to meet Steven & Joe - it will cost you over $1200 plus the cost of joining the fan club. Meeting Joey Kramer will only cost you half that. Poor Joey! ZZ Top meet & greet packages are about the same price as the Joey Kramer one. :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

I got an email earlier today from Live Nation advertising a special one day only sale on $10 lawn passes for certain shows this summer at the local shed, one of which is the Aerosmith/ZZ Top bill. The sale starts at midnight. More info here.

Archived