8'05

glicine

I haven't seen this posted before, if so please forgive me.

This is a video of Robert and Kevin MacMichael(RIP) doing a cover song of Moby Grape, which was one of Robert's (and Kevin's) favorite groups. I find it beautiful and think Kevin really sang well with Robert on this one, even they had to have lyrics in the hand. :D

8'05

Glad you enjoy them ^_^ .

I think a lot of people have seen their performance of "If I were a carpenter", but I've never seen this one on youtube before.

It was part of a special they did for MTV UK.

Here's a link to part 1 and on the side you can see links for part 2-5.

Glad you enjoy them ^_^ .

I think a lot of people have seen their performance of "If I were a carpenter", but I've never seen this one on youtube before.

'One hand clapping...' LOL How many people were witnessing this, I wonder? Of all the so-called Outtakes for Fate Of Nations my favourites are the songs Robert did with Rainer Ptacek. Rainer, if you don't know, was a great blues, slide guitar player. His album Worried Spirits will seep its way into your blood and consume you.

Robert did a number of songs w/Rainer, from Whole Lotta Love, 21 Years, Dark Moon and Great Spirit. If memory serves 21 Years was/is available on the tribute album so many did for Rainer, The Inner Flame, who passed from a brain tumor.

I have a play list in my iTunes of them and the songs they did. Hauntingly beautiful stuff.

It was part of a special they did for MTV UK.

Here's a link to part 1 and on the side you can see links for part 2-5.

Awww, thanks. I'm still watching through the different parts and at then end of part 2, Robert cracked me up with what he was doing behind Phil Johnstone. :lol:

And it's nice to see that the other band members were interviewed as well, not only Robert.

Awww, thanks. I'm still watching through the different parts and at then end of part 2, Robert cracked me up with what he was doing behind Phil Johnstone. :lol:

And it's nice to see that the other band members were interviewed as well, not only Robert.

:lol: Wasn't that a hoot! Phil was completely oblivious too. I was happy to see the whole band interviewed. Interesting to see how they were together. I've seen the guys from Now and Zen interviewed and Strange Sensation but not the FoN group.

'One hand clapping...' LOL How many people were witnessing this, I wonder? Of all the so-called Outtakes for Fate Of Nations my favourites are the songs Robert did with Rainer Ptacek. Rainer, if you don't know, was a great blues, slide guitar player. His album Worried Spirits will seep its way into your blood and consume you.

Robert did a number of songs w/Rainer, from Whole Lotta Love, 21 Years, Dark Moon and Great Spirit. If memory serves 21 Years was/is available on the tribute album so many did for Rainer, The Inner Flame, who passed from a brain tumor.

I have a play list in my iTunes of them and the songs they did. Hauntingly beautiful stuff.

Yeah, I do know about Rainer Ptacek. I remember reading that Howe Gelb and Robert made the charity album for him, and Jimmy was on it too, right?

Yeah, I do know about Rainer Ptacek. I remember reading that Howe Gelb and Robert made the charity album for him, and Jimmy was on it too, right?

Yes he was. It's a great album - don't know if it's still in print though. There are some outtakes from Robert and Rainer recording that are really good including an acoustic Whole Lotta Love.

No wonder Francis was so nice about him in an article I just read! :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING US HERE! I just finished all 5 segments and enjoyed that interview/performance set more than most I can remember. You feel like your in the room with them. AWESOME!!!!

Interesting that MTV cutaway to The Cure's video for "Lullaby" (2 years before Page & Plant would perform their own version of the song). I wonder if that was Plant's idea?

Also, what song were they jamming on at the end of Part 1 (with Nigel Kenndy)???

Interesting that MTV cutaway to The Cure's video for "Lullaby" (2 years before Page & Plant would perform their own version of the song). I wonder if that was Plant's idea?

Indirectly. You see the Rock Block program played several music videos pertaining to his comments. For example, he also mentions Hendrix and then a Hendrix video follows. I

don't it went so far as having him choose the videos - that was the producer's doing.

I haven't seen this posted before, if so please forgive me.

This is a video of Robert and Kevin MacMichael(RIP) doing a cover song of Moby Grape, which was one of Robert's (and Kevin's) favorite groups. I find it beautiful and think Kevin really sang well with Robert on this one, even they had to have lyrics in the hand. :D

8'05

totally sweet. don't think I would've bumped into it either, so thanks, great post.

I have Inner Flame on cassette. "Rude World" is one of my favs from the studio output of Page/Plant

Archived