What's the best Zepp album?

Th0mpst3r

I'd have to say, in terms of diversity and their global peak, I'd go with Physical Graffit. There is a track on there for everyone, and the way they were able to play with blues, jazz, funk, and give it that hard rock sound, is one of their greatest achievments musically. That's what seperates them from everyone else.

From a personal standpoint, listening to IMTOD for the first time with high quality sound, is one of the greatest musical experiences I've ever had. If not the best, one of the best songs they ever did. The chemistry between them is so tight and strong in this song, not to mention one of the greatest drumming tracks of all time. Bonham took the drum kit, and changed into the position of the lead guitar in this song. He was the highlight of this album.

So yeah, PG all the way. One of the greatest double albums in rock history.

To me I say that LZ2 is the great album for me. There is so much Funk and Soul on that Album. I have been listening to a lot of Early Zep bootleg. I now see where and how LZ2 came about. There is so much soul in thier concerts.

PG is great as well so for me its a tie. When I was in my late teens in 1990. My parents and I drove from Winnipeg, Cananda to Florida I had them play PG. They liked it. I still remeber my mother saying that PG was good music.

Mc7

To me I say that LZ2 is the great album for me. There is so much Funk and Soul on that Album. I have been listening to a lot of Early Zep bootleg. I now see where and how LZ2 came about. There is so much soul in thier concerts.

PG is great as well so for me its a tie. When I was in my late teens in 1990. My parents and I drove from Winnipeg, Cananda to Florida I had them play PG. They liked it. I still remeber my mother saying that PG was good music.

Mc7

I agree. I can remember when i first got led zep II. I just sat there and listened to it, then listened to it again again and again.

:D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Physical Graffiti, I consider it the greatest album in rock history, just an absolute monster all around.

Honestly though, you can make a case for any of their first 6 albums being their best, just a ridiculous run they had.

Physical Graffiti, I consider it the greatest album in rock history, just an absolute monster all around.

Honestly though, you can make a case for any of their first 6 albums being their best, just a ridiculous run they had.

I'd include Presence in that - absolutely brilliant record.

Archived