Stairway to Heaven Book

It's an amusing read, but generally accurate?

And a lot of stuffs in Hammer of the Gods came from Richard Cole, if I remember correctly.

It gave me a good laugh (especially the Bonham at the art gallery incident)....more or less the same as Hammer, only told differently. Led Zeppelin as soap food.

Just finished and wondered what your opinion was who's read it? I thought it was quite good and generally accurate. Better than Hammer of the Gods.

How did you reach that conclusion? B)

Oh, So all the Tour dates, Concerts, Persons present, Karac, Plants accident are wrong? I see :slapface:

:lol: and that makes it "generally accurate"?

Y'know what - you aren't arguing this point with me. The surviving members described it as crap and mostly inaccurate. Tell us they are wrong. :rolleyes:

Er no - actually just responding to the thread. Sorry if you wanted me to praise the book and I didn't - its just that it's a nasty piece of work written by someone with an axe to grind - who's probably pretty sorry that he ever did it.

As for the "always one in every thread" remark - yeah, you said it. :rolleyes:

Er no - actually just responding to the thread. Sorry if you wanted me to praise the book and I didn't - its just that it's a nasty piece of work written by someone with an axe to grind - who's probably pretty sorry that he ever did it.

As for the "always one in every thread" remark - yeah, you said it. :rolleyes:

Didnt want you to praise it at all. Just not reply with totally useless biase comments. It wasnt great it wasnt bad, Just a decent enough read.

I wonder who has written the most accurate account.

I wonder as well. Any others recommended by anyone? Biography type. Tried the new one "When Giants walked the earth" but didnt like the way it was written with the fantasy/thoughts of the band. You know what I mean? :D

but, saying that my favourite ot of all these books about Led Zeppelin has to be

My brother John, by Mick Bonham, a friend sent me this book, it was so informative,

and had some lovely pictures of The Bonham Family, and I found it a very sad book,

but, nicely set out and written.

Archived