Journey

I love Journey. And thats my favorite too along with Open Arms and several others. But I wouldnt go see them without Perry.

I thought Journey was a fantastic group before Perry ariived. Not a commercial success, but musically, they turned me on to fusion. Schon's guitar was the focal point and he used the wisdom from his apprenticeship with Santana to rip some serious licks off. And, of course, my second favorite drummer, Aynsley Dunbar was in there as well. Plus, I like Greg Rolie's vocals. If you get a chance, listen to the Look into the Future album and I think you'll see what I mean.

I love Journey! Steve Perry is one of my all time favorite male-vocalists! Some of my favorites are, Don't Stop Believin', Who's Cryin Now, Girl Can't Help It, Open Arms, Lovin, Touchin', Squeezin', I'll Be Alright Without You, Lights, Send Her My Love, Only the Young, Any Way You Want It, etc. They have so many great one's it is really hard for me to choose. :D

I thought Journey was a fantastic group before Perry ariived. Not a commercial success, but musically, they turned me on to fusion. Schon's guitar was the focal point and he used the wisdom from his apprenticeship with Santana to rip some serious licks off. And, of course, my second favorite drummer, Aynsley Dunbar was in there as well. Plus, I like Greg Rolie's vocals. If you get a chance, listen to the Look into the Future album and I think you'll see what I mean.

I AGREE!!! Look Into the Future is a GREAT album!! :)

Sharon

I love Journey! Steve Perry is one of my all time favorite male-vocalists! Some of my favorites are, Don't Stop Believin', Who's Cryin Now, Girl Can't Help It, Open Arms, Lovin, Touchin', Squeezin', I'll Be Alright Without You, Lights, Send Her My Love, Only the Young, Any Way You Want It, etc. They have so many great one's it is really hard for me to choose. :D

i agree! they are the kind of band that you never switch off when scanning radio stations in your car. their music reminds me of my teen years, high school , etc.

Escape was a special album for me my junior/senior years in HS; lots of wonderful memories to those songs :) Frontiers reminds me of road trips; we listened to it exhaustively while on a school trip out west senior year, and again while my parents were driving me off to college.

I think "Lights" is probably my favorite Journey song, though.

Edited by Virginia

they are the kind of band that you never switch off when scanning radio stations in your car.

I'm quite the opposite. If one of their songs comes on the radio I can't change the station fast enough. There was a time when I liked them and I do admit there is a tune or two of theirs that brings back some good memories but they were also one of the corporate rock type bands that I became much less fond of over the years. I'm surprised their Behind the Music special even made the airwaves as it had to be downright embarrassing for most involved, especially Jonathan Cain who must have cried a river of tears during his segment.

Then, there's always this, which got a well deserving skewering via Beavis & Butthead.

I'm quite the opposite. If one of their songs comes on the radio I can't change the station fast enough. There was a time when I liked them and I do admit there is a tune or two of theirs that brings back some good memories but they were also one of the corporate rock type bands that I became much less fond of over the years. I'm surprised their Behind the Music special even made the airwaves as it had to be downright embarrassing for most involved, especially Jonathan Cain who must have cried a river of tears during his segment.

Then, there's always this, which got a well deserving skewering via Beavis & Butthead.

I did hear the term "REO Journeywagon" a lot back in the day...

I think he was crying because a young fan of theirs passed away and they loved the song "Only the Young." :(

I think he was crying because a young fan of theirs passed away and they loved the song "Only the Young." :(

If so, I obviously have no problem with that. It's been a while since I've seen it and not that I'd put myself through watching it again, I just seem to remember a bunch of whining from most of all of them. Sort of like the Behind the Music specials that featured Styx and Creed.

Edited by Jahfin

WHO LIKES JOURNEY?!

My favorite song is Midnight Train (Don't Stop Belivein')

How's it going "Heartbreaker_Girl?" I LOVE JOURNEY! As far as their songs go, the list is long so I'll just name a few. "Lights," "Open Arms," "Faithfully" and "Don't Stop Believin'." GREAT THREAD!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? And guess what day it is today? I-T-'-S F-R-I-D-A-Y!!! I see that the Forum is really getting into the 1970's music spirit. Lets all keep the threads coming with 1970's bands as well as the ALL-TIME best male and female vocalists ever. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

So funny after talking about Look Into the Future---guess what I heard on Sirius radio today, on the Deep Tracks station! Look Into the Future! :) Followed by Zep, no less, Your Time Is Gonna Come. VERY cool!!!

Sharon

• 4 months later...

WHO LIKES JOURNEY?!

My favorite song is Midnight Train (Don't Stop Belivein')

Hi "Heartbreaker_Girl!" How's it going with you? I LOVE JOURNEY! I met Steve Perry at the main Tower Records on Watt and El Camino Streets in Sacramento, California some years back. Steve was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. As for JOURNEY'S songs, I love "Don't Stop Believin'," "Wheel In the Sky." "Faithfully," "Any Way You Want It," "Ask The Lonely," "Who's Crying Now," "Separate Ways (World's Apart)," "Lights," "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'," "Open Arms," Send Her My Love" and "Be Good To Yourself" to name a few. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Always liked Don't Stop Believing(pre suprano's ending popularity ;)), the other Perry hits I'm alot cooler on although I'v never listened to the early stuff which I really should have I spose since I love Greg Rolie's work in Santana.

Hi "Greenman!" I hope all is well with you. Both Greg Rolie and Neal Schon played vital roles while in SANTANA, I'm also a huge SANTANA fan. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.