Glad to join

Jimmy'sgirl

Glad to have a place to listen to people talk of the zep! Ive loved them since 8th grade. im now almost 50! I have accidentally met Jimmy Page tho. in 1992 I was leaving Reno with some friends and driving back to Oregon and I wanted to have a drink. We almost didnt go into the Peppermill Lounge but luckilyl we did. Mr Page was in the lounge with 3 other guys. We were not sure if it was him or not he did look a little older but finally we got up our nerve to ask for a autograph. I was so nervous but he was just great. He asked us girls to go party with them but damn they had husbands with them I will always treasure my autograph. just a great moment in my life i like to share with anyone who loves the led. ive seen a tribute band up here called no quarter and i had to show the guitar player my autograph. he was proud to hold it he said. anyway my 23 yr old son loves led zep and really wants it to come to rock band or guitar hero

thanks for listening

Glad to have a place to listen to people talk of the zep! Ive loved them since 8th grade. im now almost 50! I have accidentally met Jimmy Page tho. in 1992 I was leaving Reno with some friends and driving back to Oregon and I wanted to have a drink. We almost didnt go into the Peppermill Lounge but luckilyl we did. Mr Page was in the lounge with 3 other guys. We were not sure if it was him or not he did look a little older but finally we got up our nerve to ask for a autograph. I was so nervous but he was just great. He asked us girls to go party with them but damn they had husbands with them I will always treasure my autograph. just a great moment in my life i like to share with anyone who loves the led. ive seen a tribute band up here called no quarter and i had to show the guitar player my autograph. he was proud to hold it he said. anyway my 23 yr old son loves led zep and really wants it to come to rock band or guitar hero

thanks for listening

Welcome :D

I'm glad you got to meet Jimmy. I think I would have been too nervous to go meet him.

thanks for listening

Welcome to the forum!

LUCKY YOU! :)

Does he go there often?

Welcome to the forum!

LUCKY YOU! :)

Does he go there often?

Welcome! Also jealous you met him:-) Like you I am 49 and my 30 year old loves them too. He probably had no choice as I played the music most of his and my life. Can you imagine, my son would have to tell me to turn the music down. Today he is my best friend and we joke about that.

Look forward to talking with you!

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome :D

I'm glad you got to meet Jimmy. I think I would have been too nervous to go meet him.

Me too but I would have to, or else I think I would live in shame and regret everyday after. :lol:

Oh and welcome jimmy'sgirl. Though I think there are a few others here who would fight you for that title. :D

Hi all,

Just back on line to say hello to everyone,...

The former yepzep a/k/a Kevin,.....ho hum,... :rolleyes:

KB

Hey, welcome back my friend :):beer:

Hi all,

Domo Daniel-san! :P

KB

Fcuk Off, you call me "Sama". :D Preese.

San

San (さん?), sometimes pronounced han (はん?) in the Kyoto area, is the most common honorific and is a title of respect similar to "Mr." or "Ms." However, in addition to being used with people's names, it is also employed in a variety of other ways.

Sama

Sama (様?) is a significantly more respectful version of san. It is used primarily in addressing or referring to people much higher in rank than oneself, toward one's customers, and sometimes toward people one greatly admires. When used to refer to oneself, sama expresses extreme arrogance (or self-effacing irony), as with ore-sama (俺様?, "my esteemed self").

Sensei

Sensei, (先生?) (literally meaning "born before me") is used to refer to or address teachers, doctors, politicians and other authority figures. It is used to show respect to someone who has achieved a certain level of mastery in an art form or some other skill, and is also applied to novelists, poets, painters, and other artists, including manga artists. In Japanese martial arts, sensei typically refers to someone who is the head of a dojo. As with senpai, sensei can be used not only as a suffix, but also as a stand-alone title.

Sensei can be used fawningly, and it can also be employed sarcastically to ridicule such fawning. The Japanese media invoke it (rendered in katakana, akin to scare quotes or italics in English) to highlight the megalomania of those who allow themselves to be sycophantically addressed with the term.

Velly Kind Legards, Danny

Me too but I would have to, or else I think I would live in shame and regret everyday after. :lol:

Oh and welcome jimmy'sgirl. Though I think there are a few others here who would fight you for that title. :D

thank you for the welcome. I did feel that i would never forgive myself if he walked out while i was trying to get up the nerve to go over there. its fun reading all this stuff its amazing.

And im jimmys girl only in my mind no need to fight!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived