I hate 'The Killers'

DRUNK08

The Killers. Uh, how are they famous?

I watched their performance at Rock am Ring and I can't understand how this band is successful. The singer's voice blows, and he looks like he should be working at a bank or something.

The music itself is boring, same sounding garbage.

Upon watching this performance, I became interested, and then began reading about them. What's up with all the cocky interviews and grand declarations by this band? It's unbelievable. They think they're so great.....but man........they blow.

I then listened to one of the CD's. Garbage.

Obviously I don't "get it" so maybe someone can inform me. Thank you.

I watched their performance at Rock am Ring and I can't understand how this band is successful. The singer's voice blows, and he looks like he should be working at a bank or something.

Upon watching this performance, I became interested, and then began reading about them. What's up with all the cocky interviews and grand declarations by this band? It's unbelievable. They think they're so great.....but man........they blow.

I don't hate them.I dislike them. :)

The Killers are just some band.I heard a few songs...Pih.Boring.Ignore them.If you joined the Led forum think about Zep and other great bands.Leave the trash behind.

*And I don't know why I'm always going to these I hate... topics.*

What! What do you "how did they become famous" they are great, OK, no they are not ma favourite band but they are incredibale live, and their music is is very very good, they are one of the very few good rock bands left in this generation.

I think that you had better think about how you are gonna phrase what you want to say, don't forget poeple have different opinions but the way you phrased your point was abit crap, they are a great band.

Hmm. Could it be? A thread designed to wind-up? :rolleyes:

I'll humour you Drunk (since that's what you're after) - The Killers are okay. There's no way of really not hearing them, what with the amount of airtime they get in the UK. Not that I care. They don't blow my mind, but I like 'em enough to have bought their first album. And I can certainly understand why others would like them. They're pretty big here, but I don't care. They're a band, they've done some pretty fun songs, and I'll suspect that they put on an amazing show. And this is worth moaning about?

JAL, I think our generation has a long way to before we can make claim to them being one of the few good rock bands (which I wouldn't define them as, anyway) of it. As with everything, if you search hard enough, you'll find something decent. There are plenty of great rock bands out there, but, as it goes, you've got to look for them yourself. We don't have John Peel any longer, so he's given that job to us.

I have to say I agree with you on this. The trouble is all the mainstream 'rock' acts at the moment are too bland for my liking. Where are the heavy riffs and epic guitar solos? Where is the attitude? You put on a Zeppelin record or a Guns N' Roses record and bam the heaviness hits you, it oozes attitude. The mainstream bands seem far too safe. However, everybody of couse has different musical tastes.

However, be happy that there are new bands out there like The Answer and Black Stone Cherry who are flying the flag of good old fashioned blues based rock.

JAL, I think our generation has a long way to before we can make claim to them being one of the few good rock bands (which I wouldn't define them as, anyway) of it. As with everything, if you search hard enough, you'll find something decent. There are plenty of great rock bands out there, but, as it goes, you've got to look for them yourself. We don't have John Peel any longer, so he's given that job to us.

:boohoo:

(I like the Killers a lot. I love the Kills. I wonder how often they get confused with each other?)