Robert on Soundstage series

Robert will be on the "Soundstage" concert program, which airs today at 11am ET and then again tonight at 11pm ET on VH1 Classic. I think this show is from 2005 with Strange Sensation. Enjoy, I know I will be watching!! :D

Robert will be on the "Soundstage" concert program, which airs today at 11am ET and then again tonight at 11pm ET on VH1 Classic. I think this show is from 2005 with Strange Sensation. Enjoy, I know I will be watching!! :D

Very cool :D It is indeed 2005 with Strange Sensation. Great show and good to see it being aired on tv! Thanks for the head's up!

Very cool :D It is indeed 2005 with Strange Sensation. Great show and good to see it being aired on tv! Thanks for the head's up!

Hi Nine,

No problem, when I found out this was coming on, I was very happy!! I haven't heard alot of his work with Strange Sensation, so I am very excited to watch this. :D

Hi Nine,

No problem, when I found out this was coming on, I was very happy!! I haven't heard alot of his work with Strange Sensation, so I am very excited to watch this. :D

You can purchase it and I would highly recommend it and anything with the Sensations. They were a fantastic band both on record and especially live :D Mighty Rearranger is one of my favorite Robert albums.

You can purchase it and I would highly recommend it and anything with the Sensations. They were a fantastic band both on record and especially live :D Mighty Rearranger is one of my favorite Robert albums.

Cool, I will have to check it out, thanks!

Wished they (PBS/Koch) would have included the entire taping for SoundStage on the DVD, though.

Sadly, there were a few gems missing. :o

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/rplant/setlist.htm

Fortunately, Jason Bonham's appearance with Foreigner was documented well for the dvd release (as all of the songs appear on the dvd, but the broadcast was edited).

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/foreigner/setlist.html

http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=3511845

R B)

I agree with all that :)

Dang it. I missed it as I was recovering from the flu. I hope that they replay it soon.

Hope you're feeling better. They probably will repeat it. Sometimes PBS will reair it as well so you might want to keep an eye out there too :)

• 7 months later...

Wish that Robert would add the outtakes and unaired songs from PBS to a career spanning live compilation DVD (including his PBS: Austin City Limits entire performance from 2002, SNL (Honeydrippers performances of "Sea of Love" & the Christmas song performed), etc..

R B)

This was an excellent representation of the Strange Sensation/Mighty Rearranger 'era'

Pity he didn't explore this more and instead went to sleep for a few years while an alien bodysnatcher took him to other projects.

• 1 month later...

We saw this tour live at the Chateau St. Michelle winery in Washington state. Excellent, really bent version of the LZ songs, and supporting an excellent record. One of my top 10 all time concert experiences.

This Soundstage episode is a great representation, but without the between songs history of the rock and roll experience that you get at the live shows. My favorite comment from Robert at this show: "Ah, Seattle...you certainly have a high opinion of your place in musical history for such a small town."

He followed that by, "Here's one from your favorite son..." A huge pause, while most in attendance were trying to guess what he would pull out of the Nirvana catalog, then a great version of "Hey Joe" to the rest of the crowd's great delight.

Archived