Led Zeppelin

lzzoso

Maybe this topic has been discussed before. I do not know.

My question to those of you out there is this: From the earliest days of Led Zeppelin even to this very day, in your opinions what other rock groups, singers, guitar players, bassists, drummers, etc... has Led Zeppelin influenced over the years? We all know that this list is vast. I have my dozens of opinions, however, I would like to know what all you Led Zeppelin fans out there think. Any comments or opinions are highly welcomed.

My question to those of you out there is this: From the earliest days of Led Zeppelin even to this very day, in your opinions what other rock groups, singers, guitar players, bassists, drummers, etc... has Led Zeppelin influenced over the years? We all know that this list is vast. I have my dozens of opinions, however, I would like to know what all you Led Zeppelin fans out there think. Any comments or opinions are highly welcomed.

This thread would seem to be basically the same topic, so maybe your answers are here!

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/11538-whos-zeppelins-kid-brothersister/

How's it going "lzzoso?" I hope all is well with you. I'll make it easy for you on this one. Lets just say that the mighty LED ZEPPELIN influenced EVERY SINGLE BAND that came after them studio wise as well as live performing. ROCK ON!

How's it going "lzzoso?" I hope all is well with you. I'll make it easy for you on this one. Lets just say that the mighty LED ZEPPELIN influenced EVERY SINGLE BAND that came after them studio wise as well as live performing. ROCK ON!

I think Zep have had a profound influence on both studio and live music across many genres but I don't think I'd say every single band that came after them was influenced by them ;)

I like your opinion. Or better yet your style!!!

I like your opinion. Or better yet your style!!!

How's it going "lzzoso?" Thank you for your kind words, this is a great way for me to start off during the early morning hours. I hope that you have a great morning as well. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Okay, I started this topic so I should elaborate: I am going to name 10 bands, etc.. that I think the "Mighty Led Zeppelin" has influenced over the years. These groups I am going to name are names that am gonna say that come instantly to my mind. In no particular order. Just what I think.

Def Leppard

AeroSmith

Kingdom Come

Fastway

Zebra

Iron Maiden

Rush

Great White

WhiteSnake

Stone Temple Pilots

Again, this is just a fraction of the groups that I think that Led Zeppelin had some influence on.

...a very rare opportunity and so lucky to be right in New York in "those times"......

Pakistani Rock Band Junoon

Salman Ahmad was 14 when he attended his first rock concert in 1977. Rock was a little-known phenomenon in Pakistan, where he lived until moving to New York at age 11. Everyone in his family considered it strange. But Ahmad’s friend happened to have an extra ticket to a Led Zeppelin concert and the teenager was determined to go. Nearly 30 years after that show, Ahmad still remembers it vividly: “We enter the venue and through a haze of smoke, I see all those long-haired freaks with flowers in their hair. Then the lights go down and an almighty roar comes out. A guy appears on stage with long hair and a two-headed guitar with dragons painted on his pants, playing “Stairway to Heaven.” I must have been watching this guy, Jimmy Page, the whole night. I knew for sure that I wanted to be like him.”

http://www.isufirock.com/news/sept2006_odemag.html

Jane's Addiction. Just listen to "Mountain Song", "Then She Did", "Three Days", & "Classic Girl". You will hear a big Zeppelin influence in those songs without them being knockoffs.

Yes..Janes Addiction took the best parts..and made them their own ..Luv them

just go to MySpace and check out bands influences

you'll see nearly all list Zeppelin as a major influence on their music

no, not every single one, but a majority, and from all genres of music

Ahmet Ertegun said shortly before he died, that "Led Zeppelin is more influential to young bands now than even The Beatles or the Stones, and I say I agree with him on that.

Okay, I started this topic so I should elaborate: I am going to name 10 bands, etc.. that I think the "Mighty Led Zeppelin" has influenced over the years. These groups I am going to name are names that am gonna say that come instantly to my mind. In no particular order. Just what I think.

Def Leppard

AeroSmith

Kingdom Come

Fastway

Zebra

Iron Maiden

Rush

Great White

WhiteSnake

Stone Temple Pilots

Again, this is just a fraction of the groups that I think that Led Zeppelin had some influence on.

A few more from me:

Kiss

Slaughter

Judas Priest

Motley Crue

Montrose (Sammy Hagar)

Van Halen

Archived