FICTION! Led Zeppelin's 2009-10 World Tour

SteveAJones

FICTION

Led Zeppelin - "Mothership: The Only Way to Fly" Tour Commercial

Sorry I couldn't meet up with many of you at the various functions today. I've been holed up in my hotel room with a friend who insisted on (ahem) making some music together:

Steve, you're a sly dawg. :rolleyes: Hope was some sweet music!

Thanks Nathan I appreciate the explanation. And to SteveAJones I sincerly apologize for the insulting reply I posted and hope that I haven't offended anyone too badly.

No worries. You'll find most of the forum membership have thick skins and warm hearts. On with the tour...

Led_Zeppelin___Page_Plant_by_Mahare.png

FICTION

Well... I guess not all the reactions could be positive. I got this offending blog from Google Blogs. It's a response to someone who posted the ZNN Announcement on their blog. This asshole decided to remain anonymous... obviously...

Why?!?!? I just don't get it! Led Zeppelin always sucked! Do they think they're going to sell out show or some bullshit? While Nickelback is still touring? While Jay Z is still touring? While Britney Spears is still touring?

Please... don't make me snort. I doubt they'll be able to fill half of those over-large stadiums. And why such large stadiums? Oh, because their pretentious bullshit is too big for the little dinky strip clubs they should be playing. Their fuckin' egos are so huge, and their love of money is obviously the motivator behind this.

I wish they had never met in the first place, though. Then I wouldn't have to hear Stairway to Heaven 6 billion times a fucking day. But now I'm gonna be forced to hear it 12 billion times a day because they just had to reunite.

Led Zeppelin is for old fucks who can't get over the 60's. If you're a teen or in your 20's and you like Led Zeppelin, I can only conclude that you have shit for brains and shit taste in music. If you want to hear real music, the music of today, might I recommend MTV?

Some of the responses are brilliant, but most are just pointing out the obvious mistakes this person makes. 60's? MTV? Assuming that those artists they list are better? All well... can't please everybody... just the smart ones who actually get it (that is, the majority of the world).

name='Nathan' date='23 September 2009 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1253738153' post='408090']

FICTION

Well... I guess not all the reactions could be positive. I got this offending blog from Google Blogs. It's a response to someone who posted the ZNN Announcement on their blog. This asshole decided to remain anonymous... obviously...

FICTION

Will Mick Wall's malice never cease? Does that blog entry explain Jimmy's early morning jamming?

(Slash / McKagan / Rose)

Why do you look at me when you hate me

Why should I look at you when you

make me hate you too

I sense a smell of retribution in the air

I don't even understand why the fuck

you even care

And I don't need your jealousy yeah

Why drag me down in your misery

And when you stare don't you think I feel it

But I'm gonna deal it back to you in spades

When I'm havin' fun ya know I can't conceal it

'Cause I know you'd never cut it in my game

Oh no

And when you're talkin' about a vasectomy

Yeah

I'll be writin' down your obituary

History

You got your bitches with

the silicone injections

Crystal meth and yeast infections

Bleached blond hair, collagen lip projections

Who are you to criticize my intentions

Got your subtle manipulative devices

Just like you I got my vices

I got a thought that would be nice

I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice

Pain!!

And that goes for all you punks in the press

That want to start shit by printin' lies

Instead of the things we said

That means you

Andy Secher at Hit Parader

Circus Magazine

Mick Wall at Kerrang

Bob Guccione Jr. at Spin,

What you pissed off cuz your dad gets more

pussy than you?

Fuck you

Suck my fuckin' dick

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids

While they be payin' their hard earned

money to read about the bands

They want to know about

Printin' lies startin' controversy

You wanta antagonize me

Antagonize me motherfucker

Get in the ring motherfucker

And I'll kick your bitchy little ass

Punk

I don't like you, I just hate you

I gonna kick your ass, oh yeah! oh yeah!

You may not like our integrity yeah

We built a world out of anarchy oh yeah!

And in this corner weighin in at 850 pounds,

Guns N' Roses

Get in the ring

Yeah!

Yeah this song is dedicated to All the Guns n' fuckin' Roses fans

Who stuck with us through all the

Fucking shit

And to all those opposed...

Hmm...well

FICTION

My favorite nuisance is at it again.

P.Rick Givens, the two bit hack journalist is claiming on his blog that he has made contact with two original GTO's in Montreal. Givens dubbed the two historical figures "The Model T's." He suggests he'll post parts of an interview with them if doesn't interfere with his attempts to sell his week in Montreal to Rolling Stone.

P.Rick, might I suggest you conduct some research before you write about that which you know nothing about. You probably never heard of Led Zeppelin until the fanfare surrounding this tour, and then decided to jump on the bandwagon. Well, Cliff's Notes won't bail your ass out on this one. Go back for a few more semesters at journalism school, and in the meantime, spend time on the official Led Zeppelin Forum. You need schoolin'.

Good folks, I hate to vent, but this jerkoff has become a fly in my ointment. Not to mention that Givens somehow got press credentials! If any forum members run into P.Rick Givens before I do, please thump his ear for me.

Steve, glad you got your therapy today.And DeborahJ, your photos are nothing close to seeing the real McCoy.

I feel better now, realizing Friday is almost upon us.

Mszeppelin94, and I are on our way, we'll get in touch with you all on Thurs. God I can't wait to satisfy my ears with that sweet refrain, that soothes the soul and calms the pain. :)

FICTION

Baby, where did you pack the shampoo? :huh: And is that your Electric Magic shirt or mine?...

Hello austinzeppelin68! The best part is we all have the best tickets:-) I am beyond excited, I feel like it is an out of body experience!! Talk to you and MsZeppelin Thursday!!

The excitement is killing me!!! I've never felt a vibe like this, it's AWESOME!!

Catch ya tomorrow Deborah J, you got my number :)

FICTION

ZNN Breaking News Nightly Addition/September 23, 2009

THE MIGHTY ZEPPELIN AND THEIR FANS, THE JOUNEY CONTINUES IN MONTREAL

We are still trying to comfirm the setlist for the Friday night event at the Bell Centre that kicks off the Mothership-The Only Way To Fly 2009/2010 World Tour by LED ZEPPELIN. We confirmed from a caretaker of the building that the band had been rehearsing at,that a few Guess Who songs were overheard. We reported earlier that Jason is possibly working on a drum solo, along with a few of their new recordings, at this point we can say that the fans will be in for quite a few suprises.

There is still no confirmation on the title of their new release scheduled for November. "Roar Of The Ocean, The Music Makes You Wonder and Spaghetti Junction" have been mentioned so far.

Jimmy Page has been spotted at one of Montreals Blues Clubs, but is reportedly headed to the Forum Members private party. The private parties were arranged by the band members for their loyal fans. Another network secured a 10 minute interview with Mr. Page today and can be seen on several stations around the world.

We did have an opportunity to speak to a young man (he did not want his name mentioned) who is a Forum Member and was leaving the private party to try to rest up. He told us "The place was ROCKING! The Members were, drinking, eating having a great time meeting each other. As Led Zeppelin music echoed through the building, they were laughing and discussing topics. Some were talking about the Friday night event and reliving memories of seeing the band live again on stage, The 02 Arena, what the individual band members have done before and after Led Zeppelin 1968-1980. Zeppelin Trivia was going on and even politics and some were just rambling on. There are also quite a few musicians who are Forum Members. Lots of Photo's were being taken." This is one smart, diverse group of fans. He also said "Everyone was having a great time meeting one another after sharing thousands of exchanges on the Forum."

When we asked this young man if he had heard that Jimmy was headed to the private party he just seemed to go into a trance and hailed a taxi. That was the last we saw of him!

We have also learned that the Pagettes are at the party. The Pagettes are always discussing Jimmy's smile. The list of names we were able to obtain are: Jimmy's A Legend, PlanetPage, LenaZep, aen27, Heartbreakergirl, Spacewoman, magenta,ms zeppelin94,longdistancerunner, Alice75 to name a few. We would love to secure an interview with these ladies as to their reaction of Jimmy's appearance.

WE HAVE BREAKING NEWS: sources just confirmed that Robert Plant is on his way to the Forum private party as well.Here is another group of ladies we would like to speak to and get their reaction. We understand these ladies discuss Mr. Plants upper and lower body, his hair and even his jeans! The list just in of these ladies are: Eternal Light, Aquamarine, Nine Lives, Roberts Plant,Roxie, glicine, MadScreamingGallery, Slavetozep, CommunicationBreakdown, CodaS, lzfan715, brspleds, C4Plant, chell, Lilith, planted and DeborahJ to name a few.

While these ladies are about the music, girls will be girls! We really can't wait to talk to as many Forum Members male or female to get their reaction. Maybe John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham will attend tomorrow nights party? The connection that this band has with it's fans continues to amaze us hour by hour!

We have obtained a photo of the private event and will update you as more information and interviews are confirmed.

Backstage21.jpg

FICTION

ZNN News:

Jimmy Page leaks more details about an acoustic gig in Georgia. Here's what he had to say:

"Essentially it's just a little something we wanted to do with a more intimate crowd in a more intimate setting. It'll be fun playing all acoustic for an hour or so. We do intend to jam, but it will essentially be just a laid back, dinner-type show.

I know you can find out exactly where it's playing if you read Atlanta's Creative Loafing from, I believe, a week ago. But tickets are only open to a certain group of people because the place we're doing this little side-show is rather small. It can hold up to 350 people, but that's standing-room only, and we want to have tables set up so people can eat, drink, and relax there, so we don't want more then 100 or 150 people.

We do intend to let those in attendance record the show. They just have to agree to send us a copy of what they record. We don't mind if they freely share the recordings, however. So eventually millions of people will hear and maybe even see the show. We just want only a small crowd getting in.

And yes, both Them Crooked Vultures and Alison Krauss will be joining us for the gig. We'll only be doing a couple new songs from the new album, so it will mostly be made up old Zeppelin stuff and some TCV songs. It'll just be a night to relax and have a bit of fun."

No matter how hard we tried, we could not get Page to tell us where in Georgia the gig would be or where the tickets would be sold. So we had to check this Creative Loafing magazine...

The show will be at the Upstairs Music Room of Smith's Olde Bar in Little Five Points, Atlanta, GA on September 30, the day after their Phillips Arena show. It starts at (this is all in Eastern Standard Time) 8:00 pm and goes to 9:00 pm. Doors open at 7:00 for people to come in, grab dinner, get into the room, grab a table, and, for those who have, set up their recording equipment. Page told us about this after all tickets were sold out yesterday. They were not on sale to the general public but were, instead, sold to members of Planet Zeppelin, FBO, and Led Zeppelin's Official Site on the forum (it was not announced on any of the main pages of the site... you had to be a member of the site to even see the specific forum where the tickets were being sold). In all, 125 tickets were sold for the event.

We managed to get in touch with one person who'd be going to the event, a Deborah J., who expressed excitement at the thought of going. "I'm so excited to be going to this. Obviously I'm going to the show at Phillips Arena on the 29th, but this one on the 30th is going to be even more exciting because it'll be so intimate. I'm lucky to have gotten a ticket to both shows, and the 29th and 30th just can't come soon enough."

Glad you got to talk to them, Deborah. And I agree... those two days can't come soon enough. I can't wait to post my reviews. This is gonna be so much fun.

Did you get a backstage pass for the Phillips gig? I did... I can't wait to meet Jimmy Page!

FICTION

I have to tell you people that the excitment around town is overwhelming. I went out to check out a few spots today and I can't get over how much everyone is buzzed over the upcoming event. Stopped for lunch and drinks this afternoon and some enthusiastic fans spilled a pitcher of beer down my front side. Smelled like a brewery and looked like a reject from a wet t-shirt contest but no worries. The were very appoligetic and bought me another pitcher and we shared some stories over lunch. Have to run back and get showered but I am looking forward to meeting up with the forum tonight for the private party. I would love to chat with the girls about Roberts jeans.

FICTION

Glad you got to talk to them, Deborah. And I agree... those two days can't come soon enough. I can't wait to post my reviews. This is gonna be so much fun.

Did you get a backstage pass for the Phillips gig? I did... I can't wait to meet Jimmy Page!

FICTION

Got backastage passes and a private suite at the Arena for the Atlanta event.

In Montreal now awaiting the opening event tomorrow. Jimmy and Robert suprised everyone last night by showing up at the Forum private party. I have had no sleep. I took all of my excitement and energy out on my date:-)

PhillipaArenaPrivateSuites.jpg

FICTION

I had a Zep Encounter at the hotel early morning as I was getting ice cubes and bandages for Ericka. The door to John Paul Jones' room opened and he stepped out. "Good Morning, John", I said. "How do you do", he said.

"I'm doing quite well at the moment", I said, holding up the ice bucket and bandages. John laughed and said"

"Ah, tour capers and escapades I see". "Hey John, I know it's early but would you have few minutes to talk

about touring with Herman's Hermits in '67 on the Yardley tour of Germany?" John said "Life's too short to go looking for photos of yourself". I replied, "Life's also too short for bassists to release solo albums but they still do" ...(he laughed)..."besides, I'll do all the research, I just wanted to ask if you now remember more than just the Hamburg gig". John said to me, "I tell you what, take this card and on the back you'll find all the contact details you'll need to summon me at any time, anywhere, anyhow and we will also get together down the road".

Doktorschnabel_430px.jpg

John Paul Jones' Direct Access Calling Card

FICTION

Got backastage passes and a private suite at the Arena for the Atlanta event.

In Montreal now awaiting the opening event tomorrow. Jimmy and Robert suprised everyone last night by showing up at the Forum private party. I have had no sleep. I took all of my excitement and energy out on my date:-)

PhillipaArenaPrivateSuites.jpg

FICTION

Nice! I considered a suite, but in the end opted for seats near the front. I'll be right next to the seats reserved for celebrities, and I just found out I'm right next to Lindsay Lohan. In front of her is Jessica Alba, and behind her is Kate Beckinsale. Kiera Knightley's real close to my seat, too, as are Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, and George Clooney. I know Megan Fox will also be there, and so will Paris Hilton, although I have no idea why, as she spent the whole 2007 reunion gig at the bar (then again, I saw pictures of her at the Montreal gig... all the medias are gonna be at the Zeppelin gigs, so that attention whore will be, too, I guess... :angry:). I heard that Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, David Gilmour, Eddie Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, Nancy Wilson, and others would also be sitting in the celebrity section... I'm quite excited about my seats... :D

It's the backstage pass that has me most excited. I also just found out that I won tickets to the pre-show rehearsal and those tickets also allow me to hang out with the band before the show! I got four tickets, but I'm only bringing my date... meet up with us at Phillips around 5:00 and I'll gladly give you and your date the other two tickets.

FICTION

I had a Zep Encounter at the hotel early morning as I was getting ice cubes and bandages for Ericka. The door to John Paul Jones' room opened and he stepped out. "Good Morning, John", I said. "How do you do", he said.

"I'm doing quite well at the moment", I said, holding up the ice bucket and bandages. John laughed and said"

"Ah, tour capers and escapades I see". "Hey John, I know it's early but would you have few minutes to talk

about touring with Herman's Hermits in '67 on the Yardley tour of Germany?" John said "Life's too short to go looking for photos of yourself". I replied, "Life's also too short for bassists to release solo albums but they still do" ...(he laughed)..."besides, I'll do all the research, I just wanted to ask if you now remember more than just the Hamburg gig". John said to me, "I tell you what, take this card and on the back you'll find all the contact details you'll need to summon me at any time, anywhere, anyhow and we will also get together down the road".

Doktorschnabel_430px.jpg

John Paul Jones' Direct Access Calling Card

John Paul Jones, consummate musician, ever the gentleman. Great post, thanks for sharing. That "business" card is very cool.

FICTION

Just rolled out of bed and wanted to post a quick note on what a FANTABULUS time I had last night even though I have a slight hangover headache. Must of been those couple of shots of Jack Daniel's I shared with Jimmy. Got to spend a few minutes with each of the guys in conversation before they moved on to mingle with the rest of the forum members.

I made sure I thanked them personally for finally giving us fans the world tour we craved so much. Robert did tell me that they would be playing THANK YOU and dedicated that to me and my husband. Each was a fine gentleman and I got a warm hug before they left. I'm still walking on cloud nine as I can't beleive I got to meet them. I'm off to the Montreal Botannical Gardens for a private pic nic lunch today. I hear it's a great place to visit for quite solitude. Need a little of that today before the loud festivities start up again.

FICTION

Today I was listening to Q 104 here in NY, and Carol Miller, who's covering the Montreal show for them as well as for Sirius XM had a report on today's "Get The Led Out": she said that the band have rehearsed so many different songs in the last couple of days that it's totally up in the air what the setlist will be, and it's very possible that each show will have an entirely different setlist. She also confirmed a rumor that yes, there will be an acoustic set. Carol also said she was lucky to attend one of the rehearsals and heard them do a song they never did live- she said she wasn't able to divulge the actual song title due to confidentiality rules, but she was sure that the band wouldn't mind her giving a little hint for the fans... In Through The Out Door side 2 track 1......

FICTION

What a day!!

First, we had to get a rental car

10234-2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500.jpg

and station-surfed for a good rock station.

Then we met Deborah J and headed to the Forum Members private party, where we hung out & rocked all night. Not to mention catching glimpses of two certain band members...

(Damn, I wish I would've payed attention in French class... :wacko: )

Finally made it back to the hotel...then finally found our room & crashed.

We should've sent somebody running through the streets screaming "The Ocean is coming!!! The Ocean is coming!!!!" to warn the general public. The whole city seems to be swamped by Led Heads. It's so much better than I could've ever imagined!

Can't wait for tomorrow night!!!

Hey Nathan, anybody claimed those other 2 tickets yet? ;)

FICTION

ZNN Breaking News Nightly Edition/September 24, 2009

PAGE AND PLANT SUPRISE LOYAL FANS AT PRIVATE PARTY!

It is confirmed that Jimmy Page and Robert Plant paid a suprise visit to the Led Zeppelin Forum members private party Wednesday Night. When the men entered the room fans gave them a standing ovation with cheers, Let's just say IT GOT LOUD! The fans were suprised, shocked and amazed to have this intimate time with these band members.

Jimmy Page arrived in a black suit with that classic smile and immediatly starting making his way around the room to talk to the many fans. Then later in the evening he escorted the Forum Members musicians to a private area and spent a solid hour with them. The Forum fans musicians: BonzoLikeDrummer,Ronniedawg, Evster2012, danelectro, kashmire96, Zoso2012, ledzep45, Sick Tangerine, Fan S, frankb, Reggie29, Hots on for nowhere, redeyedrichard, Roblindlad. LedZep75, and JimmypageZoso56 were amoung the few to share this honored opportunity.

The pagettes were said to be in awe at the presence of Jimmy.

Robert Plant arrived in jeans also began to immediately work the room and talking with the fans on many subjects. Photo opportunities were abundant with both powerhouses. While Jimmy was taking time with the musicians, Robert continued to talk with the fans.

The ladies were heard repeating "still the whole package" and something to the effect of "squeezing lemons". We are trying to confirm the meanings behind these.

Emergency Medical Technicians were on standby as the band thought of everything for their fans parties. They reported no incidents however one paramedic stated, "The oxygen tanks were depleted by mostly the female fans." Some were reported to need oxygen a few times!

The male Forum members were total gentlemen and did their best to keep the female fans calm by offering any service they could provide! We have stated this for days now...seems to be a close group of people that this bands music has brought together.We can only conclude that last night was a late one as we could not locate the majority of members throughout the day.

Stores have reported that aspirin and bandages were flying off the shelves. Hotel Managers had to order bagged ice as the ice machines were emptied at at alarming rate as well. We will try to uncover the reasons behind this and get back to you.

We are now less than 24 hours from the opening night of The Mighty Zeppelin at the Bell Centre here in Montreal. After a quite day with fans resting up from last night, the city has awaken again! Words cannot describe the atmosphere here.This bands music will live on and on. We have talked to a few Forum members who said their parents raised them on Led Zeppelin, while some have been fans for four decades. As reporters we have never witnessed the amount of loyalty, respect and devotion we have seen displayed this past week.

Forum fans are at the final party and rumours began late last night that John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham will be showing up tonight to spend time with their fans.Since Monday each night the excitment has continued to build and build to tomorrow night at 9:00PM when The Mighty Zeppelin take the stage! Most of the fans are planning another late night and are excited to spend time with JPJ and Jason.

We believe the message here is there is NO COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN between this band and it's ocean of fans!

ZeppelinPagePlantBlackWhitePhotos.jpg

FICTION

ZNN Breaking News Nightly Edition/September 24, 2009

PAGE AND PLANT SUPRISE LOYAL FANS AT PRIVATE PARTY!

It is conrmed that Jimmy Page and Robert Plant paid a suprise visit to the Led Zeppelin Forum members private party Wednesday Night. When the men entered the room fans gave them a standing ovation with cheers, Let's just say IT GOT LOUD! The fans were suprised, shocked and amazed to have this intimate time with these band members.

Jimmy Page arrived in a black suit with that classic smile and immediatly starting making his way around the room to talk to the many fans. Then later in the evening he escorted the Forum Members musicians to a private area and spent a solid hour with them. The Forum fans musicians: BonzoLikeDrummer,Ronniedawg, Evster2012, danelectro, kashmire96, Zoso2012, ledzep45, Sick Tangerine, Fan S, frankb, Reggie29, Hots on for nowhere, redeyedrichard, Roblindlad. LedZep75, and JimmypageZoso56 were amoung the few to share this honored opportunity.

The pagettes were said to be in awe at the presence of Jimmy.

Robert Plant arrived in jeans also began to immediately work the room and talking with the fans on many subjects. Photo opportunities were abundant with both powerhouses. While Jimmy was taking time with the musicians, Robert continued to talk with the fans.

The ladies were heard repeating "still the whole package" and something to the effect of "squeezing lemons". We are trying to confirm the meanings behind these.

Emergency Medical Technicians were on standby as the band thought of everything for their fans parties. They reported no incidents however one paramedic stated, "The oxygen tanks were depleted by mostly the female fans." Some were reported to need oxygen a few times!

The male Forum members were total gentlemen and did their best to keep the female fans calm by offering any service they could provide! We have stated this for days now...seems to be a close group of people that this bands music has brought together.We can only conclude that last night was a late one as we could not locate the majority of members throughout the day.

Stores have reported that aspirin and bandages were flying off the shelves. Hotel Managers had to order bagged ice as the ice machines were emptied at at alarming rate as well. We will try to uncover the reasons behind this and get back to you.

We are now less than 24 hours from the opening night of The Mighty Zeppelin at the Bell Centre here in Montreal. After a quite day with fans resting up from last night, the city has awaken again! Words cannot describe the atmosphere here.This bands music will live on and on. We have talked to a few Forum members who said their parents raised them on Led Zeppelin, while some have been fans for four decades. As reporters we have never witnessed the amount of loyalty, respect and devotion we have seen displayed this past week.

Forum fans are at the final party and rumours began late last night that John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham will be showing up tonight to spend time with their fans.Since Monday each night the excitment has continued to build and build to tomorrow night at 9:00PM when The Mighty Zeppelin take the stage! Most of the fans are planning another late night and are excited to spend time with JPJ and Jason.

We believe the message here is there is NO COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN between this band and it's ocean of fans!

ZeppelinPagePlantBlackWhitePhotos.jpg

Nice picture collage, Deborah J.

I am enjoying all the creative fantasies from everyone. smile.gif

Oh how I wish that all the events in these posts were truly happening!

Wouldn't that be fantastic?

But since it is a fiction, we can make anything happen that we want.

Let's keep the dream alive!

You're gonna be at the Georgia shows, too? Cool!

Not yet... let's give Deborah a chance to respond... if she already has pre-show tickets, then you can have my extras.

Hello Nathan, I already have my pre show tickets, so please give ms zeppelin94 your extras and I will see both of you there!

FICTION

I am having such a great time on this big adventure. I've been talking it over with the hubby and we've decided to take a road trip for the 10/11/09 concert in Boston when I get back from Montreal. He came from MA and has wanted to go back to see the historic sites and see New England in the fall. Now is the best time since THE ZEP is playing. We're gonna kennel the animals, dust off the 67 Sunbeam Alpine convertible and hit Route 66 to Chicago and over to Boston. Should be a fun ride and I'll try and post my trip from time to time.

I'll see everyone tomarrow night at the concert.

Archived