Central Park '69 film?

badgeholder

40 minutes! In color, 16mm., with sound. I hope the legal issues can be worked out and we get a chance to see this, it's a great gig

That sounds soooooo tasty!!

you just know they has to be other goodies outthere..

Meanwhile i'll just sit and dream about Osaka 71 and Essen 73 (camera up on balcony ala Band of Gypsys)

40+ minutes of Led Zeppelin footage in color w/sound.

On film & tape that will need a lot of restoration work to get it to the same quality as RAH on the DVD, possibly synching to sound.

Thousands of dollars worth of work.

They are unlikely to invest that much into it unless there is the posibilty of releasing it & getting their investment back - and that won't happen unless there is an official OK from the band. Seems unlikely to happen anytime soon.

This is awesome! It would be great to see pro shot of the band that early in their career that isn't TV footage.

I also hope that the '77 Silverdome footage still exists. That was a hot show! '77 is without a doubt my favourite tour, (not many people seem to have the same opinion but oh well :D). It's sad that Seattle is the only footage to see the light of day from that tour, it was one of epic proportions and if the band had been more on top of things at the time (various drug addictions etc. in the band and management) I believe they would have had some of the shows filmed for a future release. It's sad in a way that this era of Zeppelin is not represented officially.

Woops sorry for the thread derail! I tend to get a bit carried away talking about '77.

Let's get this back on track shall we?

On film & tape that will need a lot of restoration work to get it to the same quality as RAH on the DVD, possibly synching to sound.

Thousands of dollars worth of work.

They are unlikely to invest that much into it unless there is the posibilty of releasing it & getting their investment back - and that won't happen unless there is an official OK from the band. Seems unlikely to happen anytime soon.

They need to speak to Jimmy and let him have a look at it. B) There's eager people out here who want to see it :rolleyes:

Archived