I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

Finished my David Bowie movie marathon (for his birthday January 8 and his deathday January 10) with these two. I saw "Christiane F." about a year before I went to Berlin and it prepared me for the real Zoo Station. You literally could not make this movie today.

138065266_3217459928480426_7484032171472449346_o.thumb.jpg.cdd6af7322b81e64cf4105b8bff65dcf.jpg

138301903_3217459978480421_5451746364266866240_n.jpg.f97115bd1026112a291495ab099f29b4.jpg

Edited by Strider

Something light and funny and amusing…and, coincidentally, both set in France. "The Aristocats" is the last film Walt Disney greenlit before he died. One of the last classic animation films from the golden days of Disney's "Nine Old Men": Ollie Johnston and crew. Splendid voices in the cast…Sterling Holloway, Eva Gabor, Phil Harris, Scatman Crothers, Nancy Kulp, and Pat Buttram. The Jazz Cats "Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat" scene is swinging.

140914171_3225211077705311_5699850287188935434_n.jpg.41389f9f1476842a90aa29ebd1c6deec.jpg141227772_3225211141038638_7118425405472024529_o.thumb.jpg.8147d6f3955c75de7203ffecd5d464e6.jpg

On 1/14/2021 at 12:45 AM, kipper said:

Summer can't come quick enough this year.

Another great film by Bruce Brown

spacer.png

A surfer was killed by the Golden gate bridge a couple weeks ago. There are some big ass rocks in the area.

A San Francisco pie shop owner and surfer, 64, has died after slamming into a rock while body-boarding near the Golden Gate Bridge.Haruwn Wesley died in San Francisco General Hospital Sunday surrounded by his family exactly one week after he suffered a tragic accident near Fort Point in the Presidio.

19 hours ago, redrum said:

A surfer was killed by the Golden gate bridge a couple weeks ago. There are some big ass rocks in the area.

A San Francisco pie shop owner and surfer, 64, has died after slamming into a rock while body-boarding near the Golden Gate Bridge.Haruwn Wesley died in San Francisco General Hospital Sunday surrounded by his family exactly one week after he suffered a tragic accident near Fort Point in the Presidio.

Some very big surf and/or currents in the winter in that area. People need to understand the risks.  A few days ago there was 12 year old boy swept away and killed by a rogue wave up there near SF. He was there at the beach with his father and brother, and from he photo of him he didn't look like a kid who grew up on the West Coast.

Here is SoCal there are always a few boarders and body surfers who end up with broken necks on big days at a place down in Newport Beach called "the wedge" near the harbor entrance. On a really big day the waves are funneled into an area by the breakwater and jetty where the waves get vertical very quickly and then break pretty much right just a foot or so of water.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Some very big surf and/or currents in the winter in that area. People need to understand the risks.  A few days ago there was 12 year old boy swept away and killed by a rogue wave up there near SF. He was there at the beach with his father and brother, and from he photo of him he didn't look like a kid who grew up on the West Coast.

Here is SoCal there are always a few boarders and body surfers who end up with broken necks on big days at a place down in Newport Beach called "the wedge" near the harbor entrance. On a really big day the waves are funneled into an area by the breakwater and jetty where the waves get vertical very quickly and then break pretty much right just a foot or so of water.

It looks like the wave doesn't even have time to form and it's over. Looks too damned crowded there to me. I'd rather be out on the end trying to catch some rockfish. :)

7 hours ago, kipper said:

Totally gnarly brah 🤙

I Found a few movies today that I’ve been looking for a while:

Boeing Boeing - Jerry Lewis & Tony Curtis
Hook, Line & Sinker - Jerry Lewis

The Americanization of Emily - James Garner & Julie Andrews

The Thrill of It All - James Garner & Doris Day

R😎

19 hours ago, reids said:

I Found a few movies today that I’ve been looking for a while:

Boeing Boeing - Jerry Lewis & Tony Curtis
Hook, Line & Sinker - Jerry Lewis

The Americanization of Emily - James Garner & Julie Andrews

The Thrill of It All - James Garner & Doris Day

R😎

At the Goodwill or thrift store or on the internet? I hope you didn't have to pay full-price for those relics. Some of the sexual politics of those movies have dated quite badly and, of course, the Jerry Lewis movies will depend on your tolerance for Jerry Lewis. I know some people who cannot and will not watch any Jerry Lewis movie at all. Oh well, at least "Boeing Boeing" has Suzanna Leigh…and the always fun Thelma Ritter.

37 minutes ago, Strider said:

At the Goodwill or thrift store or on the internet? I hope you didn't have to pay full-price for those relics. Some of the sexual politics of those movies have dated quite badly and, of course, the Jerry Lewis movies will depend on your tolerance for Jerry Lewis. I know some people who cannot and will not watch any Jerry Lewis movie at all. Oh well, at least "Boeing Boeing" has Suzanna Leigh…and the always fun Thelma Ritter.

Found them for A few dollars each on dvd at a local / mom & pop CD store. I like his older movies with Dean Martin (paramount pictures) and a few of the others afterwards. 

R😎

On 1/26/2021 at 5:44 PM, reids said:

Found them for A few dollars each on dvd at a local / mom & pop CD store. I like his older movies with Dean Martin (paramount pictures) and a few of the others afterwards. 

R😎

The Bellboy (1960) - DVD PLANET STOREThe Delicate Delinquent & Others Lot (Paramount, R-1962). Half | Lot #53109  | Heritage AuctionsVisit To A Small Planet (1960) - Jerry Lewis DVD – Elvis DVD Collector &  Movies StoreThe King of Comedy | DVD | Free shipping over £20 | HMV StoreJerry Lewis, a Jester Both Silly and Stormy, Dies at 91 - The New York Times

The_Nutty_Professor_(1962_poster).jpg

On 1/24/2021 at 8:38 PM, BobDobbs said:

Totally gnarly brah 🤙

Lots of dudes getting axed or going over the falls in that video.  Worst thing about the Wedge on days like those are the high probability of getting nailed by flying boards--- or flying pieces of boards.  The place is not for the faint of heart when that winter south swell comes in.  

And this clip from the famous Bruce Brown 1966 Film "The Endless Summer"   I mean... since we are talking about movies here

8 hours ago, kipper said:

Lots of dudes getting axed or going over the falls in that video.  Worst thing about the Wedge on days like those are the high probability of getting nailed by flying boards--- or flying pieces of boards.  The place is not for the faint of heart when that winter south swell comes in.  

And this clip from the famous Bruce Brown 1966 Film "The Endless Summer"   I mean... since we are talking about movies here

Even though I lived in SoCal for several years back in the late 80's - early 90's I never surfed. More of a swimmer as surfing takes skill and balance, two things I am in short supply when it comes to sporting activities. Figured if I tried it I would be the schmuck who drowns in 2" of water after wiping out on a baby wave.

21 minutes ago, redrum said:

Al Lettieri with Sally Struthers (showing some tit) in 'The Getaway.'

Sally Struthers and Al Lettieri and Jack Dodson in The Getaway 8x10  Promotional Photograph at Amazon's Entertainment Collectibles Store

Sally was also one of the floozies at the bowling alley that Jack Nicholson and Billy Greenbush party with at the motel in "Five Easy Pieces".