I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the theaters, I've seen Kung Fu Panda 2, Rio, and Cars 2. (can you see the pattern of my movie going?)

I watched a very good movie tonight on Netflix's instant streaming called Lovely, Still. It was a touching little movie. I highly reccomend it to people who like dramas.

51cCLUbm-GL._SX500_.jpg

Obama was wrong, this is a great movie. I knew next to nothing about it prior to renting it. If I knew anything more of the plot beforehand I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed it so much. It starts out like a typical political story but then takes a huge detour that kept me captivated until the end.

51cCLUbm-GL._SX500_.jpg

Obama was wrong, this is a great movie. I knew next to nothing about it prior to renting it. If I knew anything more of the plot beforehand I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed it so much. It starts out like a typical political story but then takes a huge detour that kept me captivated until the end.

I became interested in this from the original previews, which looked kinda sci-fi/action.

I still enjoyed it when I learned it wasn't exactly that.

In the theaters, I've seen Kung Fu Panda 2

Way back in the 70's me and my nephew went to see 'Kung Fu Gold' (Chinese) and I swear the opening fight scene was 20 minutes long. They were kicking and screaming while flying off bridges, landing on trains and flowing down rivers. They must have traveled half way across China by the time the fight ended. Of course we were laughing our heads off at the ridiculous scene. :lol:

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I loved it too. I have been very pleased with all of the HP movies.wizard.gif

Yeah really consistent quality throughout, but now that it's all said and done, I'm glad that they split the 7th novel into two movies. Given the inherent challenges of adaptations, they really did the story justice, let alone one of this magnitude. 7 Part II is my favourite one! :witch:

Anyway, I saw it again :bagoverhead:. I can't get over Snape's heartache. The success of the whole enterprise has rested on his devotion all along. Who knew he had it in him??

Tonight I'm watching Sense and Sensibility (the brilliant Emma Thompson version).

I watch loads of films, don't usually bother posting about them on here though.

I'll make an exception for this as it's the best one I've seen for a while, a French gangster/prison drama called A Prophet

It really was good, 2 1/2 hours long and I was glued to it all the way through.

I watch loads of films, don't usually bother posting about them on here though.

I'll make an exception for this as it's the best one I've seen for a while, a French gangster/prison drama called A Prophet

It really was good, 2 1/2 hours long and I was glued to it all the way through.

So glad you liked this Ady, as this was one of my favourite films of 2009. It got ROBBED at the 2010 Oscars! Instead of "A Prophet", or the equally worthy "The White Ribbon", the Best Foreign Film Oscar went to the middle-of-the-road, overrated "Secret in their Eyes". Boo! :thumbdown:

Just another in a series of bad decisions in the Foreign Film category.

Edited by Strider

So glad you liked this Ady, as this was one of my favourite films of 2009. It got ROBBED at the 2010 Oscars! Instead of "A Prophet", or the equally worthy "The White Ribbon", the Best Foreign Film Oscar went to the middle-of-the-road, overrated "Secret in their Eyes". Boo! :thumbdown:

Just another in a series of bad decisions in the Foreign Film category.

Yeah, that's usually the way.

I've seen The White Ribbon, Michael Haneke is one of my favourite directors. I found some of his films truly shocking that really made me think about them for days afterwards.

5195-83SxVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I kept reading about how bad this movie supposedly is which what took me so long to finally get around to renting it. I enjoyed it so I'm guessing all of the criticism had to do with people thinking it didn't live up to the first Iron Man somehow.

51K9Y8W8aLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Before renting this I had a very hard time remembering if I'd seen it before. Since the Die Hard movies all follow pretty much the same formula it was hard to tell from the description on the box. Thankfully, it was one I hadn't seen. Lots of edge of your seat stuff here but they ratcheted up the action so much towards the end that the final sequence felt almost anti-climatic. Still, a great movie, especially if you're a fan of the previous Die Hard flicks and like action movies in general.

I tried. It should have been at the Regal Cinema. I am in 14568 or 14450. It must be gone already. Perhaps it did not do well? But I am surprsed its not around?

It's still playing in my area but you may be right. At least one friend I know of that saw it was less than impressed and one news story I just saw referred to it as a "flop".

It's still playing in my area but you may be right. At least one friend I know of that saw it was less than impressed and one news story I just saw referred to it as a "flop".

It would probably be the first flop by Hanks. I mean, I cant think of one bad movie he ever did. I mean, Splash was not so hot but was still appeling for the day. The rest is history, Saving Private Ryan, You've Got Mail, are classics. Castaway, was good. Hanks is a great actor so I will have to see it myself before I judge it.