John McEnroe's halloween costume

glicine

Even he freely admits he's hardly proficient. :rolleyes:

Hi Aqua,

"An accomplished guitarist, John has led the Johnny Smyth Band in aseries of concerts throughout North America, Europe, Asia andAustralia"

http://www.laureus.com/members/157

Just enjoy the link and cut the crap. :o You know it makes sense. ;):lol:

Regards, Danny

Five things you might not know about John McEnroe

1. Boris Becker always used to tell him he was German - he was bornat the US Military base in Wiesbaden where his dad was stationed withthe US Air Force

2. He was still an amateur when he reached the Wimbledonquarter-finals in 1977 - at that time the best performance by aqualifier in a Grand Slam tournament

3. Everybody knows "you cannot be serious" as a McEnroe quote, buthow's this one from 1979: "My greatest strength is I have noweaknesses".

4. He's a decent rock guitarist and has played concerts alongsideanother former Wimbledon champion Pat Cash. McEnroe plays guitar likehe plays tennis - left handed!

5. He's got six children between his two wives actress Tatum O'Neal and pop star Patty Smyth

Hi Aqua,

"An accomplished guitarist, John has led the Johnny Smyth Band in aseries of concerts throughout North America, Europe, Asia andAustralia"

http://www.laureus.com/members/157

Just enjoy the link and cut the crap. :o You know it makes sense. ;):lol:

Regards, Danny

Just out of interest--where do you get off with the way you talk to people on this forum?

(And incidentally, I know far more about JM, his guitar-playing over the years, his brief musical career, his own views on his guitar-playing, etc., than you do. This is because I love the guy, and neither he nor I think he's anything other than an enthusiastic amateur player.)

While McEnroe enjoys playing the guitar he has no illusions of grandeur when he gets on stage ("I don't kid myself into thinking I sound like Robert Plant or even that guy at 7-Eleven''), much like Plant when he steps onto the court ("I'm awful. My tennis kills me. Sometimes I see God, and sometimes I'm in a huge abyss.")

:P

Just out of interest--where do you get off with the way you talk to people on this forum?

(And incidentally, I know far more about JM, his guitar-playing over the years, his brief musical career, his own views on his guitar-playing, etc., than you do. This is because I love the guy, and neither he nor I think he's anything other than an enthusiastic amateur player.)

Hi Aqua,

He and Pat Dash did a good job with their version of Rock and Roll in my opinion so i stand by my calling his guitar playing on that track proficient, thats seems fair to me, no need for the way you came at me either, you then take my responce to you as me having a go when i clearly put a :lol: at the end.

I talk to people as they appear to me, if they are cordial and friendly the so am i, if they want to become abusive, argumentative or disrespectful, then i can play that roll too, as you already know i can, what answer were you looking for anyway? or was it just a fight you were after as so many are?

Regards, Danny

PS, and your love affairs with celebrities are of no interest to me in the slightest, i'm far more interested in my love affair with the music of Led Zeppelin to have the time for anything else. :lol:

PPS, that was me being funny, alright me trying to be funny, take no offence, please. :kiss:

And a proficient guitar player as well as a fan of Led Zeppelin,

McEnroe and Pat Cash on Guitar, Roger Daltry on Vocals.

Regards, Danny

hey Dan, this is fabulous!

never dreamt of hearing Roger Daltrey doing a LZ cover and it works really well for him imo!! cant believe i missed out on this before,forme this is the real news here.. wow, Roger really does some justice to Robert´s melody while putting his own trademark stamps all over the tune, GREAT! thanks 4 this unique treat.

Archived