A thread foranother discussion...

k5ymo

Following on from my thread on HHWCID, I have just been given a copy of the 'Copenhagen 1968 & More' DVD, and there is a trailer for Box Set II on it with a 'Baby Come On Home' overdub. Although I have owned Box Set II for years, I forgot how good 'Baby Come On Home' was. OK, song does sound like a "first dance at a wedding", but again, it's another forgotten gem. I am just so glad that this band put out such fantastic material that still presses all my buttons...fantastic!!

Cheers everyone.

I've always loved this song.

It's one of those songs that has special meaning to me. I first heard it via my boyfriend, like 2 days after we met. Then, a few days later I left for the beach & couldn't talk to him for a week.

It was the soundtrack of my week & will always be one of "our songs".

I've always loved this song.

It's one of those songs that has special meaning to me. I first heard it via my boyfriend, like 2 days after we met. Then, a few days later I left for the beach & couldn't talk to him for a week.

It was the soundtrack of my week & will always be one of "our songs".

Cool story, and thanks for your reply, but that is music for you...you remember times, places and the moment of a particular song that are special.

I remember being night shift at the Power Station years ago (a not so 'special' moment!!) and 3 songs from the 'new' Don Henley album were played on the radio. Loved the album when it was released, and now 20 odd years later, 'Building the Perfect Beast' is a classic album. I am transported back to being 24 again every time I hear a track from it.

Zeppelin time and place stories...too many to mention, but all gems!!

Cheers.

I first heard that song in 1995, under the title Tribute to Bert Berns. It was part of a bootleg box set. It was recorded in 1968, but they decided not to include it on the first album, which was recorded extremely quickly, probably because it would have been slightly out of place. Jimmy also thought the backing vocals weren't such a good idea.

As for me, I love the tune, mainly because of Robert's vocals - it's a fabulous performance from him. :)

Nice clip Deb's!! I like all the ...."Aaaa, take 1, Aaaa take 2, Aaaa, take 3, Aaaa take 3...." B)

Goes to show ya how easy it ant to make recording's with tracking in mind (I'll 2nd that!). Lot's of stuff I couldn't hear on the older recording's I hear this version. Fuzz Box on the organ and the extra vocals at the end give's it some more caricature.

Cool story, and thanks for your reply, but that is music for you...you remember times, places and the moment of a particular song that are special.

I remember being night shift at the Power Station years ago (a not so 'special' moment!!) and 3 songs from the 'new' Don Henley album were played on the radio. Loved the album when it was released, and now 20 odd years later, 'Building the Perfect Beast' is a classic album. I am transported back to being 24 again every time I hear a track from it.

Zeppelin time and place stories...too many to mention, but all gems!!

Cheers.

I've had many a conversation with my mother about this. It's really interesting to see how different songs impact people. The situation you were in when you first heard it is always interesting too...

I have to say that I Cant Quit You Baby does fit better on the album, imho

I was living in the redwoods in the mid-90s with no radio or access to music news. I was at the pub, and this came on their radio. I was like "Hey! Stop everything! Everybody quiet! What the? What is THIS?". I called the station and begged them to play it again, which they did. I was a beer buzzed fool, standing by the speaker weeping like a baby!

I was living in the redwoods in the mid-90s with no radio or access to music news. I was at the pub, and this came on their radio. I was like "Hey! Stop everything! Everybody quiet! What the? What is THIS?". I called the station and begged them to play it again, which they did. I was a beer buzzed fool, standing by the speaker weeping like a baby!

That's similar to how I heard "Traveling Riverside Blues". I was in college and they played it on the radio. I knew it was Zep but they didn't say the title or I missed it. I was working at a booking agency and the dj actually called so I asked her and she played it and dedicated it to me :D

That's similar to how I heard "Traveling Riverside Blues". I was in college and they played it on the radio. I knew it was Zep but they didn't say the title or I missed it. I was working at a booking agency and the dj actually called so I asked her and she played it and dedicated it to me :D

Noice! It's sometimes amazing how the Zep-radar can pick up a note, even just a faint tone in a place where you haven't paid any attention at all to whatever has been playing before it and home in on it! "Wait! Back it up. My Spidey-sense says Zeppelin." :D

Noice! It's sometimes amazing how the Zep-radar can pick up a note, even just a faint tone in a place where you haven't paid any attention at all to whatever has been playing before it and home in on it! "Wait! Back it up. My Spidey-sense says Zeppelin." :D

On first hearing the song I thought that organ sounds JPJ. like you I had not heard/bought box set 2 yet,

when the singing started, he sounds like a young Robert Plant....! It was played on some 1960's hour show where

they do not like to admit that 1970 actually happened.

Archived