Anyone Drive A Forklift?

Ady

Now that's called a bad day.

Also reminds me of an e-mail I recently wrote at work....

Just an FYI......I spoke with the repairmen from Elevator Technologies this morning concerning the recent repairs of the valve on the ** Bldg freight elevator. The elevator itself is rated for a maximum weight-load of 7,500 lbs. The Warehouse Hi-Lo weighs 7,700 lbs. without a load. With a load, the Hi-Lo is capable of weighing up to 10,000 lbs. total. Because we are exceeding the maximum recommended weight limits, Elevator Technologies will not provide a warranty for their recent repairs of the freight elevator. Thanks.

I have to constantly cover my ass because I work with such bright people. :P

Saw that on the news. Inspector Clouseau must have been driving it. :D

One time we were doing some demolition at the GM plant in Fremont, CA and using lots of torches to cut things up and we had a giant forklift running around and he ran over one of the red hot pieces of steel and when that tire blew out it sounded like a bomb went off. The foreman became unglued. (I hated him) :lol:

Now that's called a bad day.

Also reminds me of an e-mail I recently wrote at work....

Just an FYI......I spoke with the repairmen from Elevator Technologies this morning concerning the recent repairs of the valve on the ** Bldg freight elevator. The elevator itself is rated for a maximum weight-load of 7,500 lbs. The Warehouse Hi-Lo weighs 7,700 lbs. without a load. With a load, the Hi-Lo is capable of weighing up to 10,000 lbs. total. Because we are exceeding the maximum recommended weight limits, Elevator Technologies will not provide a warranty for their recent repairs of the freight elevator. Thanks.

I have to constantly cover my ass because I work with such bright people. :P

So they don't understand that you can set thing's down inside a freight elevator and then pick it back up with a different fork truck when it get's to the next floor? :)

I was back in 1978 or something, summer job in stock of local department store.

One morning I had to take some thinks (can´t remember what) to the store.

I didn´t never drove with forklift before. When I was in the store there was this section where was

drinking glasses, plates etc.

And there, one corner, the rear of the forklift did hit these shelves.

Believe me, there were lots of broken glasses, plates etc. round the floor:(

So they don't understand that you can set thing's down inside a freight elevator and then pick it back up with a different fork truck when it get's to the next floor? :)

We could do that, if we had two hi-los. Instead, they let the hi-lo go up the elevator by itself, and they run up the stairs to meet it. :slapface: Lol....nothing but a first-class operation here !

We could do that, if we had two hi-los. Instead, they let the hi-lo go up the elevator by itself, and they run up the stairs to meet it. :slapface: Lol....nothing but a first-class operation here !

Aaaa.. I see now.... I've worked at companies like that before, and that was back a couple of decades or so when the rule's where less restrictive!

Worst fork truck accident I heard or saw was one that my X-father-in-law told me about, some one.... later fired for drug usage... drove the fork truck off the end of the loading dock sticking the fork's about a foot or so into the soft dirt below!

There was some real brain's in that outfit! :D

Archived