Jimmy's Birthday

nellgwen

Does anybody besides me go out of their way to do something special on January 9th. to celebrate

Jimmy's birthday. I always do something it usually involves champagne and things. What do you guys do

if anything?

...I watch all of his '77 videos...the White Dragon Suit!!!

Yes! :) I always wear red or pink, eat tangerines, long cellophane noodles (for longevity) and chicken (for prosperity). It's a superstition thing. For many more happy & healthy birthdays to come! (& I always don my simple garnet (January birthstone ring)) :beer:

Does anybody besides me go out of their way to do something special on January 9th. to celebrate

Jimmy's birthday. I always do something it usually involves champagne and things. What do you guys do

if anything?

Listen to his albums, from the Yardbirds on.. and watch him throughtout the day. :D

Edited by aen27

I always try to listen to a lot of Zeppelin if I can, but I really don't do anything special other than that- as it is also my husband's birthday and I think he's getting a little tired of being reminded every year that he & Jimmy were both born on January 9th. ;)

Try reminding him if it wasn't for Jimmy he would share the same birthday as Richard Nixon.

Edited by nellgwen

if anything?

What I usually do on John Paul Jones' birthday, January 3rd(1946), James Patrick Page's, January 9th(1944), John Henry Bonham's, May 31(1948), and Mr. Robert Plant's, August 20(1948), is listen to the Led Zeppelin songs that I think (and Feel) that each summed up of their individual contributions that make them the GREATEST AND MOST INFLUENTIAL ROCK AND ROLL BAND OF ALL-TIME.

Need I say more... "No Quarter", "Dazed and Confused", "Moby Dick" and "Stairway to Heaven"... Obviously, I (WE) could say a Whole Lotta More, but you should get my Point.

What I usually do on John Paul Jones' birthday, January 3rd(1946), James Patrick Page's, January 9th(1944), John Henry Bonham's, May 31(1948), and Mr. Robert Plant's, August 20(1948), is listen to the Led Zeppelin songs that I think (and Feel) that each summed up of their individual contributions that make them the GREATEST AND MOST INFLUENTIAL ROCK AND ROLL BAND OF ALL-TIME.

Need I say more... "No Quarter", "Dazed and Confused", "Moby Dick" and "Stairway to Heaven"... Obviously, I (WE) could say a Whole Lotta More, but you should get my Point.

Good answer lzzoso!! That would be a good way to do it! We will be having a party for my dad who is turning 80 that week. So, I will remind him that his birthday is close to Jimmy Page's and John Paul Jone's!!!

I'm sure he'll say who?? :D;)

• 1 month later...

if anything?

No, I don't know him. I only celebrate the birthdays of people whom I've actually met.