Why in the world is Robert Plant doing a new solo l.p.?!

AlexKx

Why in the world is Robert Plant doing a new solo l.p. if the rumors are true?!! I'm all for it but it should be down the line after more music with Allison Krauss the Honeydrippers Volume II (if not III as well) and that old side group of his Zep. There is no way his next release won't be with Allison...HONESTLY folks do you really think that it would not be? Aren't the latest pictures also including Allison anyways? What I would really like to know and understand is why T-Bone Burnette is not involved anymore especially since "Raising Sand" was basically his project. And on top of that it was Robert Plant who said that he wanted T-Bone to do a solo l.p. for him...there must be some big story there. Perhaps T-Bone was asking for too much money, eh?

Why in the world is Robert Plant doing a new solo l.p. if the rumors are true?!! I'm all for it but it should be down the line after more music with Allison Krauss the Honeydrippers Volume II (if not III as well) and that old side group of his Zep. There is no way his next release won't be with Allison...HONESTLY folks do you really think that it would not be? Aren't the latest pictures also including Allison anyways? What I would really like to know and understand is why T-Bone Burnette is not involved anymore especially since "Raising Sand" was basically his project. And on top of that it was Robert Plant who said that he wanted T-Bone to do a solo l.p. for him...there must be some big story there. Perhaps T-Bone was asking for too much money, eh?

Where did you hear all this and what are you referring to latest pictures?

As far as the Honeydrippers Vol. 2, Robert mentioned without Ahmet Ertegun on board, it didn't feel right. Raising Sand was not T Bone's project, it was the three of them together. He was brought on board after Alison and Robert decided to make an album together.

I would say that someone exercised an artistic option.

I would say that someone excerised an artistic option.

I think you are correct. However, T-Bone is not exactly lacking work at the moment. Or Grammy nominations.

If the next Plant/Krauss project is to have a different sound, I would expect a different producer and backing musicians.

I think you are correct. However, T-Bone is not exactly lacking work at the moment. Or Grammy nominations.

If the next Plant/Krauss project is to have a different sound, I would expect a different producer and backing musicians.

I had to edit my reply for spelling. I meant to say "exercised".

To my knowledge it has not been publicly stated nor published anywhere.

/

Alison has stated publicly in multiple interviews that she wants a totally different sound for the second album. Here is one example:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/122696/Alison-Krauss-My-busy-life-as-a-million-selling-mom

The fact that Alison and Robert have been photographed (separately) in a different producer's studio is well documented on the Internet.

Alison has also been very transparent with the media regarding her activities, as evidenced by the comment that she would not begin working with Robert again until the Union Station album is finished.

Nashville is a small town with few secrets. Everyone in Nashville knew that Alison planned to take a break from working with Robert Plant to return to Union Station, and that is where her priorities are at this time. This really does not qualify as a breaking news item, everyone has been aware of this for months.

I wasn't guessing and could be specific as to what the artistic differences with T-Bone were but won't.

No offense Steve but anyone could say that. Still doesn't confirm to me that there were artistic differences. Not arguing T Bone might no to be involved in the follow up album but the reasons.

No offense Steve but anyone could say that. Still doesn't confirm to me that there were artistic differences. Not arguing T Bone might no to be involved in the follow up album but the reasons.

None taken. I can only reiterate their collaboration with T-Bone definately came to an end several months ago.

If you prefer to see something in print that's understandable, but that could be a long time in coming, if ever.

Archived