Why in the world is Robert Plant doing a new solo l.p.?!

AlexKx

How many of Robert's collaborations have lasted more than 3-4 years? He put up with Phil Johnstone for 6 years and I thought that was a miracle.

If you think that's a miracle, how long did he keep Charlie Jones around? :lol:

Erm . . that one needs a little more explanation, Walter. What's your (or anyone else's) problem with Charlie, then? :huh:

Calm down, it was a joke! Charlie, as I'm sure you know, is his son-in-law and it was posted as a "miracle" that Robert played with Phil Johnstone for 6 years, but he played with Charlie all the way through the P/P years...nevermind. :rolleyes:

I don't see it as a problem that Robert has changed his line-up a few times. When the chemistry changes and doesn't fit, you have to change.

And now I'm thinking about it, how many of Jimmy's collaborations have lasted more than 3-4 years?

Calm down, it was a joke! Charlie, as I'm sure you know, is his son-in-law and it was posted as a "miracle" that Robert played with Phil Johnstone for 6 years, but he played with Charlie all the way through the P/P years...nevermind. :rolleyes:

OK, I get it. :D Bit slow on the uptake yesterday.

(Especially as I DO think Charlie is talented. :) )

Obviously Page AND Plant did in order for them to take him on the road. It is very interesting how Robert has (and Jimmy but to a lesser degree, since he has played less frequently) changed musicians every couple of years. I guess it would get stale otherwise. Especially when you have worked with the greatest musicians in the world for 12 years, consecutively. Not a problem, just interesting. Whatever ole Robert is up to, I hope we get to hear something from him this year. Just saw a show w/ him playing with SS and they sounded GREAT together live. He didn't play the states with them very often. Anyone know why?

Obviously Page AND Plant did in order for them to take him on the road. It is very interesting how Robert has (and Jimmy but to a lesser degree, since he has played less frequently) changed musicians every couple of years. I guess it would get stale otherwise. Especially when you have worked with the greatest musicians in the world for 12 years, consecutively. Not a problem, just interesting. Whatever ole Robert is up to, I hope we get to hear something from him this year. Just saw a show w/ him playing with SS and they sounded GREAT together live. He didn't play the states with them very often. Anyone know why?

I think with Robert at least, he's always wanting to explore different musical directions and thus seeks out people that would compliment best what he's wanting to achieve. As far as Strange Sensation touring the US - they did two pretty extensive tours in 2002 and 2005. Saw a number of shows here.

I thought that there was a strong sense of urgency since Robert looks like he was ran over by a Mack truck many years ago? As long as he stays alive I suppose it's fine if not great I am just disapointed that his priorities are not elsewhere. With that said my understanding as to why the follow up to "Raising Sand" was POSTPONED not put to an end was because some guitarist guy had a heart attack but that everything would continue in the near future...apparently not.

I thought that there was a strong sense of urgency since Robert looks like he was ran over by a Mack truck many years ago? As long as he stays alive I suppose it's fine if not great I am just disapointed that his priorities are not elsewhere. With that said my understanding as to why the follow up to "Raising Sand" was POSTPONED not put to an end was because some guitarist guy had a heart attack but that everything would continue in the near future...apparently not.

:blahblah::blahblah:

:rolleyes:

My understanding as to why the follow up to "Raising Sand" was POSTPONED not put to an end was because some guitarist guy had a heart attack but that everything would continue in the near future...apparently not.

Buddy Miller underwent a triple-bypass in February 2009, but that's not why they scapped everything that was recorded and parted with T-Bone. Alison is on tour now, which has led to further delay.

AlexKx, I mean this with the best intentions. Your statement is a rough one. A little bit of manners would be nice. We all age, just a part of life.

Robert is entitled to do whatever he wants and I am sure HE knows HIS priorties.

I think with Robert at least, he's always wanting to explore different musical directions and thus seeks out people that would compliment best what he's wanting to achieve. As far as Strange Sensation touring the US - they did two pretty extensive tours in 2002 and 2005. Saw a number of shows here.

You know, I knew he did some U.S. dates with SS but they never(to my knowledge) came to Florida, nor with AK on their tour - pretty typical anymore. Like I said before, the video I watched of them together was rockin'! Looking forward to whatever he has coming out next. :thumbsup:

Manners? As long as my intellect isn't disrespected. As long as you think Robert looks the way he does naturally then you are certainly free to have your opinion. And I would agree with you if that were the case. People talk about how someone like Michael Jackson somehow self mutilated his face but never acknowledge the self abuse of all the other musicians and people in this world.

Let me get this straight--YOU don't want to be disrespected, but it's fine for you to say that Robert looks like he's been run over by a truck. And, apparently, that this is not his natural look--presumably he paid big bucks to have the wrinkles added?

(And presumably many of us are just hallucinating when we think he looks great. And when we think that in the greater scheme of things, his looks are pretty unimportant anyway.)

Let me get this straight--YOU don't want to be disrespected, but it's fine for you to say that Robert looks like he's been run over by a truck. And, apparently, that this is not his natural look--presumably he paid big bucks to have the wrinkles added?

(And presumably many of us are just hallucinating when we think he looks great. And when we think that in the greater scheme of things, his looks are pretty unimportant anyway.)

:hysterical:

• 1 month later...

According to LedZeppelinNews.com, Led Zeppelin legend Robert Plant has set "It's Rude To Say No" as the tentative title of his new solo album, due later this year.

The CD is reportedly being produced by Buddy Miller at a studio in Nashville and will feature a guest appearance by singer-songwriter Darrell Scott, "who played such instruments as mandolin and glockenspiel" on the album.

According to LedZeppelinNews.com, Led Zeppelin legend Robert Plant has set "It's Rude To Say No" as the tentative title of his new solo album, due later this year.

The CD is reportedly being produced by Buddy Miller at a studio in Nashville and will feature a guest appearance by singer-songwriter Darrell Scott, "who played such instruments as mandolin and glockenspiel" on the album.

:o :o

I truly hope he releases a new album soon!

And the title.... :lol: :lol:

Why in the world is Robert Plant doing a new solo l.p. if the rumors are true?!! I'm all for it but it should be down the line after more music with Allison Krauss the Honeydrippers Volume II (if not III as well) and that old side group of his Zep. There is no way his next release won't be with Allison...HONESTLY folks do you really think that it would not be? Aren't the latest pictures also including Allison anyways? What I would really like to know and understand is why T-Bone Burnette is not involved anymore especially since "Raising Sand" was basically his project. And on top of that it was Robert Plant who said that he wanted T-Bone to do a solo l.p. for him...there must be some big story there. Perhaps T-Bone was asking for too much money, eh?

I could be wrong,but I think since robert is a lead vocalist,not a journeyman or back vocalist,he may have pushed his agenda onto alison,and the project may be on eggshells.remember,plant is the mighty arranger!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived