Yardbirds on tour

planted

I was working on Back Bay condo and a client played a cassette of the Yardbirds. I was positive it was 67 w/Beck. Wrong. It was House of Blues 2003, s shoddy recording of a great show. I am not easily fooled either. I try not to think about it, because I may have been pretty insistent on what I thought I heard. Insistent and wrong. Oh well. Good for them. They were kicking the a$$.

Theres barely any of the original members.

Behold:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yardbirds#Current_members

I know this because when browsing the website of a local music academy, i noticed someone who had attended the academy, was the new member of the yardbirds. I assume it was the new lead singer.

Maybe they should be called "The Knew Yardbirds"! :lol:

Actually, the current line-up of The Yardbirds is quite alright. It's like a really good tribute band including two original Yardbird's members. There are few current line-ups of 60's bands that I've heard which is in the same calibre as these guys. For example, today's Animals and Spencer Davis Group really sucks.

I'd go see 'em if they came my way.

I saw The Yardbirds a couple years ago and they were fantastic. Don't think they know that Jake Holmes (not The Yardbirds) wrote D&C though. It's silly of them to go around as "The Yardbirds" but almost every band you can possibly imagine is doing it anyway so it's no big deal to me.

Archived