Rush

lzzoso

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^That was great seeing them. They played well. I loved that they did Working Man, especially with it being a Labor Day Weekend out here, not to mention YYZ and Overture. It was great!

Edited by luvlz2

20 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

^That was great seeing them. They played well. I loved that they did Working Man, especially with it being a Labor Day Weekend out here, not to mention YYZ and Overture. It was great!

Agreed 😎👍🎶

R😎

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me...how do Rush fans feel about the possibility of Rush continuing on? I am not a big Rush fan, but like a few of their albums and admire the longevity they had and ability to weather the ups-and-downs of the music business. So I am curious if the idea of Alex and Geddy continuing on as Rush with another drummer is as anathema to most Rush fans as Jimmy, Robert, and Jones going on as Led Zeppelin with another drummer would be to most Led Zeppelin fans?

I'll just say that in some bands, one cog on the wheel can never be replaced. Bonham, Peart and Scott Weiland would be my top 3 as far as that goes, and maybe the Stones continuing without Charlie, but I'm not a Stones expert...

If Geddy and Alex want to reunite on the spur of the moment and do the occasional Rush jam with a capable drummer, I won't raise hell, but for me, the R40 tour was a fitting close, and I'll just leave it at that....

Edited by paul carruthers

I think LZ & RUSH is an apple and an orange. Those losses happened at different stages in their careers/lives. Alex & Geddy got to say goodbye.

The reverberations on the fanbases were different, being of primarily different age groups and life experience when the percussionists departed.

That 18 minutes in the post above is interesting to compare to Live Aid & the Atlantic 40th. For me it shows Alex & Geddy in a place where they are able to celebrate their work and bandmate, compared to 3 guys who in '85 & '88 were almost at a complete loss trying to tap into something they once knew.

Plenty of folk would have been happy to see a Zep tour with Jason and i think plenty of fans would support new Alex+Geddy+______ music.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

I think LZ & RUSH is an apple and an orange. Those losses happened at different stages in their careers/lives. Alex & Geddy got to say goodbye.

The reverberations on the fanbases were different, being of primarily different age groups and life experience when the percussionists departed.

That 18 minutes in the post above is interesting to compare to Live Aid & the Atlantic 40th. For me it shows Alex & Geddy in a place where they are able to celebrate their work and bandmate, compared to 3 guys who in '85 & '88 were almost at a complete loss trying to tap into something they once knew.

Plenty of folk would have been happy to see a Zep tour with Jason and i think plenty of fans would support new Alex+Geddy+______ music.

Good post, I agree.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Rush70s80s.jpg.796f4aa5cad84c117f85564eb4fd067a.jpg

Was Rush Better in the '70s or '80s?: Roundtable - https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-70s-80s-better/

70's, hands-down.  Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures were excellent albums, but IMO Hemispheres was their last great, hard rock meets prog rock album.  After that they became too polished, which after Moving Pictures meant too commercial.

Between the 70s and 80s I vote for the 70s because the songs they made in that decade were the ones I always liked seeing them play in concert the most. But seeing Rush in concert in the 80s was better for me as I saw them many times in the 80s but never saw them in the 70s.

Alex Lifeson participated in the Medlock-Krieger all-star benefit concert this past Monday Oct. 24th at Bogie's at the Westlake Village Inn in Westlake Village, California and joined Doors guitarist Robby Kreiger and vocalist Andy Vargas to play Santana's "Evil Ways."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/watch-alex-lifeson-and-robby-krieger-perform-santanas-evil-ways-at-los-angeles-charity-concert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...