David Gilmour & Roger Waters peform together again

Rumpeller

Just got this email from a Pink Floyd site. Never thought that Dave Gilmour & Roger Waters would perform together again.

SCOOP - FIRST FLOYD SITE WITH THE NEWS!!!!

Yes, it's true! David Gilmour & Roger Waters performed a version of Wish You Were Here at The Hoping Foundation Benefit Evening on Saturday 10 July.

You can read more about the event, and see pictures on the forum right now or on the Fleeting Glimpse site at http://www.pinkfloydz.com/

Wow!

:o

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg. Why couldn't these two have had settled their differences after the Live 8 gig so we could have seen a real reunion tour? Now that Rick is gone, it can't happen. Still that's awesome this happened.

:o :o :o

Amazing!

I wonder if this means David will guest on one or two songs on The Wall tour.

Thank you for that thought. I'm now going to the Madison Square Garden show. I wasn't sure which one to go to until now. If he's going to join him onstage my guess would be the garden.

Will let you know!

would love to see this on youtube.

That won't be possible -- it wasn't recorded officially and since the 200 people in the audience were invited, it's very unlikely any "unofficial" recordings exist. I wish some did because I'd love to hear it, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Did hell freeze over or did this really happen? I think I am in shock.

This really happened. Do not adjust your computer screen.

102799873.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6F8C35A14D84EE90625C6829218A53585E3DD9AC278DBAC6B

• 5 weeks later...

No and no. Roger is going to start touring The Wall shortly and David will be appearing at one show to do Comfortably Numb (that was part of the deal to get Roger to sing To Know Him Is To Love Him at the charity gig), but that's it. With Rick dead, they won't do a new album or get Pink Floyd back on the road. Too many of their songs need him, that as good as Jon Carin is, he just can't compare.

Waters and Gilmours problems never really seemed like the typical rockstar "they can't be in a room together" stuff but rather niggles that made recording an album or doing an extended tour unpleasent.

They were. Don't fool yourself. Most of it was Roger's own fault. That's not to say David is perfect or anything, but hell....he blackmailed one guy out of the band already by that point, who's to say he wouldn't have done it again? You can't work with someone like that and it extends beyond just work. I can't remember which article I read it in, but before Live 8 happened, David and Roger hadn't even spoken to each other in close to a decade. David had invited Roger to play with the band at Earls Court during TDB tour since they were doing The Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety live, for the first time since 1975 AND to play at his 50th birthday party in 1996 and both times, Roger told him to go fuck himself.

That's a tad bit more than just "niggles that made recording an album or doing an extended tour unpleasant".

Anyhow, I'm just grateful they finally decided to grow up and act like 60+ year old men instead of 6 year old kids. I also kind of want to slap them for wasting 30 years and not doing this before Rick died, but you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

They were. Don't fool yourself. Most of it was Roger's own fault. That's not to say David is perfect or anything, but hell....he blackmailed one guy out of the band already by that point, who's to say he wouldn't have done it again? You can't work with someone like that and it extends beyond just work. I can't remember which article I read it in, but before Live 8 happened, David and Roger hadn't even spoken to each other in close to a decade. David had invited Roger to play with the band at Earls Court during TDB tour since they were doing The Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety live, for the first time since 1975 AND to play at his 50th birthday party in 1996 and both times, Roger told him to go fuck himself.

That's a tad bit more than just "niggles that made recording an album or doing an extended tour unpleasant".

Anyhow, I'm just grateful they finally decided to grow up and act like 60+ year old men instead of 6 year old kids. I also kind of want to slap them for wasting 30 years and not doing this before Rick died, but you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Yeah I'v heard about Waters actions(although Wright wasnt in much of a state in 79 and didnt actually become a full member even in Gilmours relauchned Floyd for awhile) and most of the blame does seem like it can be layed at his feet. Still what I ment was that rather than the typical rock drunken/drugged rages we see Gilmour and Waters problems were much more of a slow burn of two people who just didnt get along.

It would have been nice to see one last Floyd tour but I think both Waters and Gilmours live solo work has actually been a more interesting revistsing of the material for me rather than the same old greatest hits set we saw in the 80's and 90's.

Archived