THINGS YOU DISLIKE ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY

Fool In The Rain 60

Well, it's time to list out the things which I absolutely despise about my former home country :

1. Corruption : This is so rampant that the people are so used to it. For instance, during the State elections, sometime in 2009 (I believe) the system was so bloody corrupt that a politician who had been jailed for murder (by the way!) was fuckin' standing for elections right from jail!!! And the prick won the elections too and had to be released in order to "govern" the state concerned! :o

2. The System Of Reservation : This is a common feature especially in the education system! Apparently, students are granted / denied admission into government funded educational institutions not on the basis of their academic track record but on the basis of their bloody caste and religion!!!! :angry:

3. Capitation Fees : Where seats in several private educational institutions are literally auctioned off to the highest bidder! This is rampant even in kindergartens, mind you! :angry:

4. Eve Teasing : where women are molested, harassed and even raped in broad daylight in public places like restaurants and bus stops if their styles of dressing don't conform to the tastes of certain perverted bastards. And what do the cops do? They just stand there looking indifferent, pretending as if nothing ever happened! :angry:

Hi leddy,

The Lib Dems are never going to get into power now,just on the Tuition Fee fiasco alone. Shame would have been nice.

Like most people in politics they promise the Earth then deliver very little.

Looks like it will be back to a 2 horse race again next time around :D

I also dislike the rise in VAT to 20%,all that means is a rise in everything, how are we ever going to kick start our own economy !!:huh:

untitled_1.jpg

untitled.jpg

Brookes_13_716814a1.jpg

Chris-Riddell-14-November-0011.jpg

Here, here, Fool, I couldn't agree with you MORE! The Liberal Democrats as a party are finished. They've prostituted their election manifesto for a referendum on electoral reform which they're not going to win! :angry:

One of the things I really dislike about the UK, the fact that toffs still go out fox hunting even though it is illegal now. :mad:

Hi "Magic"

I totally don't get that so called blood 'SPORT' thing, I'm not sure where all these Foxes are in our countryside, they have been hounded out, Hunting is just an excuse to show off by Toffs, flaunting their wealth.:angry:

I have a small place in the country ( not a toff goes with a summer job I have), I see more Foxes on London streets than running free in the countryside.

English Farmers, who say that they cannot get English people to work the land, I know this to be a total fabrication.

As I said I have a summer job which is on a farm. Out of 35-50 casual labourers that they employ, my son and I are the only 2 English workers, they won't even use people from the local Village,

( why they employ me is a long story). And our Government let them get away with it.:mad: In fact I believe that they encourage this practice as they have friends who own these ' Agencies' :angry:

Hi "Magic"

I totally don't get that so called blood 'SPORT' thing, I'm not sure where all these Foxes are in our countryside, they have been hounded out, Hunting is just an excuse to show off by Toffs, flaunting their wealth.:angry:

I have a small place in the country ( not a toff goes with a summer job I have), I see more Foxes on London streets than running free in the countryside.

English Farmers, who say that they cannot get English people to work the land, I know this to be a total fabrication.

As I said I have a summer job which is on a farm. Out of 35-50 casual labourers that they employ, my son and I are the only 2 English workers, they won't even use people from the local Village,

( why they employ me is a long story). And our Government let them get away with it.:mad: In fact I believe that they encourage this practice as they have friends who own these ' Agencies' :angry:

They employ these people because they can get away with paying them a pittance. If they employed British workers they would be forced to pay them the minimum wage thus reducing their profit margins. It all comes down to greed in the end. And I agree that the government should be doing something about it!

On the subject of foxes, I live out in the countryside and next to a farm and we never have problems with foxes. :huh:

They employ these people because they can get away with paying them a pittance. If they employed British workers they would be forced to pay them the minimum wage thus reducing their profit margins. It all comes down to greed in the end. And I agree that the government should be doing something about it!

On the subject of foxes, I live out in the countryside and next to a farm and we never have problems with foxes. :huh:

Hi ' Magic'

The workers on the farm where I work have proper contracts, they have to be guaranteed 40 hours, if they have no work for them they still have to pay them.

They also get holiday pay it works out to be something like 60 pence an hour, still nearly 30 quid a week that could be paid to someone who lives in the U.K, who would spend it in this country to help our own

economy, but no the money that gets take out of this country is just ridiculous.:angry:

Perhaps you should use a better class of watering hole :lol:

The type that has a patio heater :P

lol well have given up again at the moment, have given up many times but trying again.

People who whinge and think the grass is greener elsewhere. That's what I dislike. No country is perfect.

I also think that people who emigrate should have their passports revoked and should not be allowed to movie back so easily.

^

LOL, exactly what I mean. If you abandon your country with the intention of leaving for good then yup I feel you shouldn't be allowed to come back whenever you want. You should have to queue up and wait your turn to be re-admitted.

Rewinding back to the 1700s and 1800s or even earlier (not quite sure of the precise dates), if your view about emigration was in fact implemented, most of the citizens of present day USA, wouldn't be where they are today if in fact the Immigration papers of their forefathers (there were no passports those days, to my knowledge) had been revoked.

What do you mean? The people who moved to the USA did so without the intention of moving back and for the most part they didn't movie back to the old countries they came from so it would have made no difference to them at all.

And we wouldn't have T.V shows like "Who Do You Think You Are?" today, would we now? ;)

Of course we would. The people on "Who Do You Think You Are?" didn't move back to their countries of origin and anyway they are descendants of people who emigrated.

*Edit. I see you didn't understand what I mean earlier but now you do. No worries. :)

What do you mean? The people who moved to the USA did so without the intention of moving back and for the most part they didn't movie back to the old countries they came from so it would have made no difference to them at all.

Of course we would. The people on "Who Do You Think You Are?" didn't move back to their countries of origin and anyway they are descendants of people who emigrated.

Like I said before, I misunderstood what you were saying, in the first place and I get what you are saying now. :) That's why I posted the huge sign of the cat with the "I Beg Your Pardon" slogan on it, in case you didn't notice! :lol:

Like I said before, I misunderstood what you were saying, in the first place and I get what you are saying now. :)

^

Yeah I just edited my last post as I replied at about the same time you did without seeing your other answer.

People who whinge and think the grass is greener elsewhere. That's what I dislike. No country is perfect.

I also think that people who emigrate should have their passports revoked and should not be allowed to movie back so easily.

I think you should take into consideration the reasons why people have to migrate to different countries in the first place. It's usually work related, they are simply unable to get jobs in their country.

I was interviewed for job in Wellington New Zealand after being unable to find a job in my field in the UK. I had to think long and hard about leaving my family so far behind. It's not as straight-forward as you make out.

I eventually managed to secure a job in the UK, but if I emigrated to America I would be paid four times the wage I do currently for doing the same job with a lot less pressure. For the record, I'm not even thinking of moving to the US, but people who work in certain sectors have to consider these things.

Yes it is straightforward in my opinion.

England isn't a third world country with no jobs.

If you leave this country with the intention to emigrate and never coming back (as some do) then I'm sorry but my opinion is that you have abandoned this country and therefore should have your passport revoked. If you want to return later then you should wait in the queue because (in my opinion) you have given up the right to be British and live in Britain when you buggered off for 'greener pastures'. :P

I say the same thing to my German girlfriend who left Germany to come and live in England and has no intention of ever going back there to live. She actually agrees. If her passport was revoked she wouldn't care and wouldn't complain.

To start off, this guy berlusconi_corna2.jpg

The garbage problem.

Gasoline prices, cell phone rates, bank accounts that cost higher than almost every other european country.

Racism, soccer "tifosi" and unfortunately, the list goes on ...

Yes it is straightforward in my opinion.

England isn't a third world country with no jobs.

If you leave this country with the intention to emigrate and never coming back (as some do) then I'm sorry but my opinion is that you have abandoned this country and therefore should have your passport revoked. If you want to return later then you should wait in the queue because (in my opinion) you have given up the right to be British and live in Britain when you buggered off for 'greener pastures'. :P

I say the same thing to my German girlfriend who left Germany to come and live in England and has no intention of ever going back there to live. She actually agrees. If her passport was revoked she wouldn't care and wouldn't complain.

When you have a PhD it's like a third world country!!! It's going to get even worse now with the huge cut backs the government is making, over 40% for the university sector! I'm sorry Lyndon, but it's not straight-forward at all!

No one deserves to have their passport taken off them!

When you have a PhD it's like a third world country!!! It's going to get even worse now with the huge cut backs the government is making, over 40% for the university sector! I'm sorry Lyndon, but it's not straight-forward at all!

No one deserves to have their passport taken off them!

Magic, they are eligible to apply for a passport (of the country they emigated to), after the qualification period, I think it's three years and become "Natuarlised", as they call it here.

This usually happens on Australia Day, 26th January each year during Citizenship Ceremonies across the country.

The point is they can revisit their country of origin (eventually) and besides you can only use passports one at a time and who needs more than one?

At least we have that freedom.

Magic, they are eligible to apply for a passport (of the country they emigated to), after the qualification period, I think it's three years and become "Natuarlised", as they call it here.

This usually happens on Australia Day, 26th January each year during Citizenship Ceremonies across the country.

The point is they can revisit their country of origin (eventually) and besides you can only use passports one at a time and who needs more than one?

At least we have that freedom.

I have an American work colleague who has worked in the UK for over 15 years and has done just that, gained British citizenship.

He now has dual nationality on his passport, American and British.

I don't think he should be stopped from returning to his native country just because he's lived and worked in the UK for 15 years like Mangani suggests. That's just ridiculous.

The so called minimum wage, it is an age related pay scale,

Adult....21 & over £5.93

Youth Development Rate.....18-20 £4.92 ph

The Minimum wage for 16-17 £3.64 ph

And to top that.........

Apprentice pay wait for it......£2.50 ph that is for your first year even if you are over 19.

How the Government think these are fair rates for anyone, they are not living on this planet. :mad:

Archived