Zep Cruise

fsmith9095

I'm thinking of organizing a cruise for Zep fans and wanted to gather feedback on here.

The intent is to have lots of fans onboard a floating Zep convention.

At this point,the reaction has been very positive from members of FBO.

We're thinking about a June 2012 date....from Miami to the Carribean for 3 or 4 days.

Prices are not yet available as its too early to lock in any figure.And the fare decreases based on how many paying customers there are.

If all goes as planned,we hope to have a full convention and all that entails : bands,guests,memorabilia etc.

So I thought I would post to gauge the degree of interest from Led Zep fans on this forum.

Hi Frank!

Just sent you a reply PM. Remember the Zep Fest weekend in DC is Memorial Day weekend, so if a lot are attending this, this may hender the amount of people since the dates are so close together. I am happy to look into hotel accomodations, but this would have to involve getting definite responses in order to block the rooms to get a great rate. Since I am in the business I can help on that end:-)

We should do one in the UK maybe in 2012?? :-) A lot of work would be involved, but we would have a blast if we did this and I am more than happy to help!!!

Edit: Cruise is for 2012..apologies for thinking 2011.

English fans always seem to be "forgotten".

Yes,unfortunately,there has to be a single departure point.

However,one of my first thoughts was how to include fans from the UK.

I mean,its only natural,right?

So hopefully this can be expanded in future years to include a trip that departs from the UK.

The more,the better!

The O2 show was in England.

No good if one couldn't get a ticket!! :( It may as well have been on the moon... (Now there's an idea) Dear Mr Gates, myself and a few friends would like to hold a concert on the moon.....

Led%2BZeppeli%2B%2BLive%2Bin%2BMoon%2BChin%2B%28Munich%2B-%2BWinston%2BRemaster%29%2B1973%2BFLAC.jpg

A zep cruise around the world with Zep playing an afternoon show and an evening show every day, now THAT would be cool, and film screening in between

English fans always seem to be "forgotten".

We could do a cruise down the Thames! Nah, it might be more fun to have like a roving tour around Zep hot spots in Britannia: Headley Grange, Chislehurst Caves, Jimmy's ex-boathouse in Pangbourne, a candlelit procession through Epsom, Bron-yr-Aur (sp?) and Aberystwyth (sp?) in Wales, Boleskine in Scotland, etc.

We could do a cruise down the Thames! Nah, it might be more fun to have like a roving tour around Zep hot spots in Britannia: Headley Grange, Chislehurst Caves, Jimmy's ex-boathouse in Pangbourne, a candlelit procession through Epsom, Bron-yr-Aur (sp?) and Aberystwyth (sp?) in Wales, Boleskine in Scotland, etc.

Now that is not the baddest of ideas!

It sounds like a cool idea and could be fun. I would definitely look into it more once more information was put into place. Good idea. It's nice to know people still want to do fun and exciting things in their lives.

Thanks everyone for your positive responses. Its gathering momentum every day.

I think it will be a fun event for all!

Stay tuned for more details.

Frank

Why not do a tour of the Black Country?..Holy Joes is still standing-

holyjoes7211002.jpg

Archived