Wisconsin?!

spidersandsnakes

thanks for the info. Now, has Gov. Walker or any of the Wis. legislature volunteered to take a cut in their pay and or benefits?

Not yet, however, the Firefighters Association (exempt from this bill) has voluntarily asked to be included in the deal to pay a portion of their pension and increase in their health insurance to show solidarity with the State workers.

You could look at it two ways. It's great to show solidarity to another union. Or they realize that union busting is union busting and their time will eventually come. Take one union down at a time.

why don't you quit if you hate it so much? Isn't Washington a right to work state?

Didn't say I hated the union, I just hate their tactics by holding members hostage and using their dues to support left wing politics.

They don't like members that think for themselves, especially the asshole Ironworkers.

thanks for the info. Now, has Gov. Walker or any of the Wis. legislature volunteered to take a cut in their pay and or benefits?

According to Politifact they take the same hit:

Fitzgerald: Wisconsin legislators would have to give up the same amount of pay as other state employees

"And according to the bill, elected officials would take the same hits. We rate Fitzgerald's claim True.

source

According to Politifact they take the same hit:

Fitzgerald: Wisconsin legislators would have to give up the same amount of pay as other state employees

"And according to the bill, elected officials would take the same hits. We rate Fitzgerald's claim True.

source

Leverich, of WEAC, also argued that while co-pays may be the same for elected officials, there would still be a disparity in bargaining positions."Please realize, however, that the elimination of bargaining rights is a different order of magnitude," Leverich said. "The effects of the legislation on the two parties (legislators/public workers) is truly dissimilar."

In short, Fitzgerald said the legislators who will vote on Walker's bill would have to give up the same amount of pay. Aside from the collective bargaining issues, Walker's plan would make state employees pay more for health and pension benefits.

What's your point? He asked if the legislators are giving up pay/ benefits. They are. They aren't giving up collective bargaining, they obviously don't have it now.

Sometimes, even the worst of people get it right. Speaking to ABC's "Good Morning America," Wisconsin's extreme right-wing Gov. Scott Walker actually said something that makes sense: "It's time to tell the truth to the American people."

If only! If only Walker would tell the truth about why he's trying to bust the unions and who's paying the bills.

No matter how hard he and Fox News try to frame it as an attempt to solve Wisconsin's budget problems, Walker's legislation is nothing but a heavy-handed attempt to shut down unions by taking away their constitutional right to collective bargaining. That's what the protests in Madison, now spreading to other states, are all about.

Does Wisconsin have a short-term budget deficit? Yes, but only because of the $141 million in special-interest tax breaks Walker pushed through in January. Does Wisconsin have a long-term problem? Yes, because of a projected shortfall in public employee pension obligations. But state employees, who willingly worked 14 furlough days last year to help the state balance the budget, have already agreed to the financial sacrifices demanded by the governor: Contributing more toward their health and retirement coverage – which translates into a 7 percent pay cut.

What they will not, and should not, accept is the second half of Walker's bill, which has nothing to do with the budget: an end to collective bargaining. Unions first won that right, in Madison, 75 years ago, with formation of the first chapter of AFSCME, the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees. Today, it's the only opportunity workers across the country have to fight for themselves and their families. They may not get everything they want in negotiations, but they should at least have a seat at the table.

But here's what the mainstream media will never tell you. If workers have already agreed to his budget demands, why is Gov. Walker stubbornly insisting on breaking the backs of the unions? Because that's what the Koch brothers told him to do. And, in Wisconsin, as well as many other states, what the Koch brothers want, the Koch brothers get. And they're willing to pay handsomely for it.

Koch brothers' latest acquisition: Wisconsin

By Bill Press

wnd.com

Question ... If the Koch bro's do end up taking over those government services, do they inherit the public sector unions that represent those workers ? In other words, are there successorship laws in place in Wisconsin ?

Didn't say I hated the union, I just hate their tactics by holding members hostage and using their dues to support left wing politics.

They don't like members that think for themselves, especially the asshole Ironworkers.

Aren't you kind of stepping on your feet? They support the left because the right is trying to eliminate them. A union is there to negotiate contracts for a group of workers. If you feel you can get as much, or more, on your own, then quit and save yourself the dues. Many people, myself included, don't see the need for a labor union for my job. But , I don't and never will, support anyone, group or party that tries to eliminate them. It's as much a part of freedom as the right to free speech and once you give up that right, you'll have to literally fight to get it back.

That makes sense. I don't know if this Walker guy is trying to promote himself into the national political picture, but if he keeps it up, he may not get far. From the looks of the people protesting in the capitol building, he may wind up like Mussolini.

Madison's chief of police had some questions about Walker's policy on public safety.

Madison police chief asks Walker to explain 'troubling' statements

lacrossetribune.com

Aren't you kind of stepping on your feet? They support the left because the right is trying to eliminate them. A union is there to negotiate contracts for a group of workers. If you feel you can get as much, or more, on your own, then quit and save yourself the dues. Many people, myself included, don't see the need for a labor union for my job. But , I don't and never will, support anyone, group or party that tries to eliminate them. It's as much a part of freedom as the right to free speech and once you give up that right, you'll have to literally fight to get it back.

You see, that's the thing, no one is trying to eliminate unions, just rein in the power of public unions who operate with tax dollars extorted from their members. They can't just quit the union if they want, like you suggest, they would have to quit their job to rid themselves of this burden. This bill would address that. Surely you believe just as strongly that people should have the right to not be in a union if they so choose right?

You see, that's the thing, no one is trying to eliminate unions, just rein in the power of public unions who operate with tax dollars extorted from their members. They can't just quit the union if they want, like you suggest, they would have to quit their job to rid themselves of this burden. This bill would address that. Surely you believe just as strongly that people should have the right to not be in a union if they so choose right?

THAT'S NOT BALANCING THE BUDGET!!!!!!!

Archived