Summer Plans

betteremily

I kicked my summer off this weekend on a camping trip. The hubby and I took our little vintage camp trailer we have been restoring on its 1st trip since we got it. First camp outing for the hubby and I too. We had a great time and were with a small group that also had vintage trailers. Will definately be planning another trip soon.

Hi All,

I intend to spend the Summer and Autumn months living in a former cow shed in a Kent field where you have to draw your own water and dispose of your own waste bucket, every year is the same and I wouldnt change a thing. ;)

Regards, Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I intend to spend the Summer and Autumn months living in a former cow shed in a Kent field where you have to draw your own water and dispose of your own waste bucket, every year is the same and I wouldnt change a thing. ;)

Regards, Danny

Not my idea of a vacation but I guess it's a good way to get a way from it all :)

Personally I'll be working, playing guitar, and going to the beach with my family

Going to Italy at the end of August to visit my brother. He'll be 50. Which I don't understand since he's allegedly younger than I am... :)

Looking forward to it. Haven't been to see him in about 6 years.

Going to Italy at the end of August to visit my brother. He'll be 50. Which I don't understand since he's allegedly younger than I am... :)

Looking forward to it. Haven't been to see him in about 6 years.

My daughter will be there on her honeymoon at the same time. Enjoy

My son's wedding in 2 1/2 weeks, big party and heavy drinking, my ex will be in town for the wedding and will probably insist on staying with me. I have to put up with him for the kids' sake. Like I said, lots of heavy drinking...

Well, so far, I haven't done much, except stay busy! I've been out of school since last Wednesday night, and it's Tuesday evening.

I am planning on staying busy by doing things around the house that really need done ( you should SEE my kitchen cupboards, the bedroom we call the office, my closets, etc.), I would love to attempt painting a room or two, possibly building a patio from paver bricks, and read a lot. I would also like to take a few camping trips and maybe a road trip to a place I've never been, like the northern part of Idaho or Disneyland. I've got a few friends' weddings to go to, and I'm planning my sister's baby shower at the end of July, which will be held in my yard.

So far, I've bought a new (to me) car, started cleaning carpets in my house, babysat a few friends' kids while they needed me to for a few hours for miscellaneous reasons, gone to coffee with friends, visited my mom for the day, chased WWII Warhawks, gone to a motorcycle rally, taken my niece to the park, gone window shopping with my sister, helped a friend clean out her classroom, gone to lunch with friends, had dinner with friends, both in restaurants and at their homes...

Actually, less than a week into it, I'm already exhausted. Is it time to go back to school yet? ;)

(I kid, I kid...)

Well, so far, I haven't done much, except stay busy! I've been out of school since last Wednesday night, and it's Tuesday evening.

I am planning on staying busy by doing things around the house that really need done ( you should SEE my kitchen cupboards, the bedroom we call the office, my closets, etc.), I would love to attempt painting a room or two, possibly building a patio from paver bricks, and read a lot. I would also like to take a few camping trips and maybe a road trip to a place I've never been, like the northern part of Idaho or Disneyland. I've got a few friends' weddings to go to, and I'm planning my sister's baby shower at the end of July, which will be held in my yard.

So far, I've bought a new (to me) car, started cleaning carpets in my house, babysat a few friends' kids while they needed me to for a few hours for miscellaneous reasons, gone to coffee with friends, visited my mom for the day, chased WWII Warhawks, gone to a motorcycle rally, taken my niece to the park, gone window shopping with my sister, helped a friend clean out her classroom, gone to lunch with friends, had dinner with friends, both in restaurants and at their homes...

Actually, less than a week into it, I'm already exhausted. Is it time to go back to school yet? ;)

(I kid, I kid...)

Hi Manderlyn....nice to see you on the board again.. it's be awhile. I guess with school you don't have much time to hang about here. But now that summer is on, we should see you a bit more often, hopefully, but sounds like you have alot planned already.

And maybe I'll read a little.

wjhg.com/home/headlines

"Keys To The Kingdom"

Former Florida Governor and US Senator Bob Graham says most people don't know the whole story behind 9/11. Monday Graham embarked on a book tour to promote his new novel "Keys to the Kingdom."

The book is about Saudi Arabia's involvement in the September 11th attacks.

Graham had to get clearance from the CIA to release his book, which he spent five years writing. Graham says the book merges fact and fiction.

"It's fiction, but I would say that 35 to 40 percent of it is pure fact except I changed the name of living people. Another 20 percent is based on fact that is exaggerated and the rest of it is fiction.

Graham chaired the Senate Intelligence Committee during the 9/11 attacks and opposed the US invasion of Iraq.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the first day of summer. The usual June gloom this morning but warmed up to be a hot day for the first day of summer. It will get hotter tho. This morning the station I listen to was playing songs that remind you of summer.

I used to listen to KHJ on my little portable transister and this song reminds me of summer when I was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWXcjYNZais

Archived