New Led Zeppelin Biography on Bio Channel

ON WEDNESDAY JULY 20th, at 10:00pm EST a new Led Zeppelin biography will premiere on the Biography channel, also that night there will be a Floyd documentary and another zeppelin one before it, and the 3 shows will play again afterwords, I guess this thread can be used to discuss the bio or discuss anything that you guys want really i guess haha

This may actually be something new as two Zeppelin programs are scheduled to air this evening. The first one airing at 9 pm is most likely the one we have all seen before while the one coming on at 10 pm does appear to be something new.

“Led Zeppelin.”

Wednesday, July 20 @ 9 pm ET

Rated: TVPG

Running Time: 60 Minutes

Genre: Documentary

Closed Captions: Yes

Upcoming Showings:

Wednesday, July 20 @ 9 pm ET

A profile of the rock band that got its name when drummer Keith Moon predicted how the band would go over with audiences after hearing their demo tapes. Zeppelin's first album reached number 10 on the charts in 1969, and their popularity continued to grow with each subsequent album. But they were among the most hedonistic of all rock bands, and their indulgences led to a series of tragedies that ultimately broke up the band.

Biography Channel Special

“Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused”

Wednesday, July 20 @ 10 pm ET

Rated: TVPG

Running Time: 60 Minutes

Genre: Documentary

Closed Captions: Yes

Upcoming Showings:

Wednesday, July 20 @ 10 pm ET

Loaded with legendary music, rare footage and the bands full participation this program stands alone as the definitive doc on the iconic band Led Zeppelin. This one-hour special spans the bands career, from their humble beginnings to their status as rock gods. The unique chemistry between singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham led to tensions within the band, but were essential to their success. Take a journey where incredible heights and extreme lows helped forge one of the greatest rock bands ever.

http://www.biography.com/listings/episode_details.do?episodeid=17185440&airingid=17185680

Well, I'll give them both a look...but reading the blurb for the new bio, I don't know how DEFINITIVE it could be if it's only one hour. Actually, that's misleading...with all the commercial breaks the Bio channel has, the real length of the doc will be more like 40 minutes.

Yeah, my first thought was, "only an hour?" "Definitive?"

Given all subjects/songs their due, one hour wouldn't even get you past LZ IV in a proper documentary.

With a running time of about 40 mins, this will be a thumbnail sketch at best. But the rare footage sounds promising...;)

Well, I just checked the schedule, and out here in L.A., on the Direct TV satellite system, the Bio channel is 266.

The schedule is as follows(all times PST):

5:00PM Pink Floyd biography

6:00PM Led Zeppelin biography from 2004

7:00PM Dazed and Confused: Led Zeppelin bio from 2011

8:00PM repeat of Dazed and Confused

I set the tivo up to record so I can fast forward thru the commercials later when I watch them.

Well, I just checked the schedule, and out here in L.A., on the Direct TV satellite system, the Bio channel is 266.

It's 666 here in the Cackalack. Should I be a feared to watch? They'll probably just show reverse footage anyway...

The schedule is as follows(all times PST):

5:00PM Pink Floyd biography

6:00PM Led Zeppelin biography from 2004

7:00PM Dazed and Confused: Led Zeppelin bio from 2011

8:00PM repeat of Dazed and Confused

I set the tivo up to record so I can fast forward thru the commercials later when I watch them.

Same here on Dish Network channel 119, just 3 hours ahead of you:-) I already have the rest of those recorded, and now this new one to add..I do the same so I can forward past the commercials :D

I checked this site just intime to record it, starts in 15 minutes here in Chicago. Crossing fingers it has some stuff I haven't seen/heard thousands of times already. Hopefully a decent summary of how popular they are still in 2011 and revered.

Archived