Is the song remains the same original?

Zeppelin Led

Thats what I mean.

It's just a song that probably didn't fit the final cut of a Yardbirds album, it's not like they hated it. If they did, they probably wouldn't of recorded it. Why should Keith fuck himself if it wasn't fair? Although it is the music that matters, if Keith wrote the lyrics and Page used 3 lines of it, he deserves equal credit.

If Keith recorded/wrote it with Page, and Page STILL used it with Zeppelin, Keith still deserves credit, as he probably wrote the lyrics.

Thats what I mean.

It's just a song that probably didn't fit the final cut of a Yardbirds album, it's not like they hated it. If they did, they probably wouldn't of recorded it. Why should Keith fuck himself if it wasn't fair? Although it is the music that matters, if Keith wrote the lyrics and Page used 3 lines of it, he deserves equal credit.

If Keith recorded/wrote it with Page, and Page STILL used it with Zeppelin, Keith still deserves credit, as he probably wrote the lyrics.

No he doesn't.

Keith did not write tangarine at all

If Keith wrote it or not, every person involved writing a song deserves equal credit. It's how the music business goes.

Ha! Tell that to Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman, who never got any song credits. That's the reason Mick Taylor left the Stones, he was tired of not getting songwriting credit.

As for the theme of this thread...just another example of the flood of silliness that's been unleashed recently on these boards. I don't know if it's because of the surge of new members that popped up around the time of Jimmy's website launch, or what, but there's a lot of WTF? and superfluous threads lately. Do we really need TWO threads thanking the U.S.? Are we really that insecure?

As for TSRTS being similar to Sparks...yeah, about as similar as Nabakov's Lolita is to Meyers' Twilight.

Sheesh.

6 seconds? That's all?

Look LIsten to ALL of spark and just imagine what that would sound like sped up.

Its not much and I was surprised at the backlash I recieved but m'eh I KNOW I can hear it and either some of you are deaf or whatnot but there are some TINY elements used.

Yes it is the music that matters, and Bill, what is your deal with the "do some research people" quote? How the fuck do you know what I know or do not know? I posted a song for people to listen to. This isn't a competition for who knows more than the other person. And for your information I have heard both stories that he wrote it with Relf and that he wrote the words and music himself. I have also hear that Jane Relf was upset at the fact that Jimmy gave no credits to Keith so who knows what is true. Did you know that smart ass? Keep your bull shit comments away from my post unless you have something nice to say.

Perhaps it was the tone of your post that implied yet another accusation of LZ plagiarism. I don't know or care what you know. My quote referred to my frustration over the vast hordes of people who are constantly making accusations against the band without finding out what the real story is first. If that makes me a smart ass then so be it. And yes I did know the story about Ms. Relf. If you don't want anything other than nice replies to your posts perhaps you should try to not be such an ass yourself. Letting people know how to push your buttons in a public forum is not a very good idea. You are definitely in need of some anger management therapy if you're getting so bent out of shape about what I said.

Look LIsten to ALL of spark and just imagine what that would sound like sped up.

Its not much and I was surprised at the backlash I recieved but m'eh I KNOW I can hear it and either some of you are deaf or whatnot but there are some TINY elements used.

When you speed that song up it sounds like Smurf music.

When you speed that song up it sounds like Smurf music.

That would be hilarious!

The Smurfs--Led Zeppelin Edition

Peter Grant - Papa Smurf

Jimmy Page - Heroin Chic Smurf

Robert Plant - Sexy Smurf

JPJ - Moody Smurf

Bonham - Drunk and Angry Smurf

Token Groupie - Smurfette

Rolling Stone mag - Gargomel

Journalists - Azriel the cat

The theme song could be a sped up version of Dazed and Confused. laugh.gif

Ha! Tell that to Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman, who never got any song credits. That's the reason Mick Taylor left the Stones, he was tired of not getting songwriting credit.

As for the theme of this thread...just another example of the flood of silliness that's been unleashed recently on these boards. I don't know if it's because of the surge of new members that popped up around the time of Jimmy's website launch, or what, but there's a lot of WTF? and superfluous threads lately. Do we really need TWO threads thanking the U.S.? Are we really that insecure?

As for TSRTS being similar to Sparks...yeah, about as similar as Nabakov's Lolita is to Meyers' Twilight.

Sheesh.

I say there should be more then TWO threads Thanking the United States of America. How many multiple threads of way lesser topics are there somewhere here on this forum? Unless you consider these lesser threads more important then threads about the Country of Your birth and the Country (I assume) you reside in, why not use these other threads as examples? You may be insecure for whatever reasons, however, like I have always said, I am very Proud of MY COUNTRY!!!

No.

If my lyrics were used I'D BE PISSED.

But Keith didn't write the guitar part so he can fuck himself if he thinks its unfair.

Page wrote a fantastic guitar arrangment it didn't get recognition he released it using his new band and it got recognition.

Ex.Say I'm in a band I come up with guitar riffs etc.We record a song its meh The band splits I form a new band and we use what I WROTE.

I do not know if you know this or not but Keith Relf has been dead for over 35 years now. So the part about you saying he can go fuck himself does not make sense at this point in time. Just an observation on my part.

You may be insecure for whatever reasons, however, like I have always said, I am very Proud of MY COUNTRY!!!

YOUR COUNTRY? Really? Where's your Deed of Purchase?

I hope you were wearing a flag pin when you posted that...for full patriotic flavour.

Basically you just proved my point, Izzoso...on a thread devoted to TSRTS, you focused on an offhanded remark in my post, and felt the need to simply regurgitate the same Fox News stump speech you've repeated ad nauseum elsewhere.

Yeah, we get it, you love the U.S.! Hoorah! Now go tell it to the marines.

I would love to see Cole's book turned into an R rated Smurf movie. I would pay to see that!

And yes, I am off topic but who really gives a sh*t. This topic was lame from the start.

The movie will be called:

"The Smurf remains the lame" and we can discuss similarities on this site in another lame tread that is very similar to this one.

Wow, it is good to have amazing hobbies!!!!!!!!!

The movie will be called:

"The Smurf remains the lame" and we can discuss similarities on this site in another lame tread that is very similar to this one.

Wow, it is good to have amazing hobbies!!!!!!!!!

hysterical.gif

This is what we all should be doing

first computertrash.gif

and then ck.gif

YOUR COUNTRY? Really? Where's your Deed of Purchase?

I hope you were wearing a flag pin when you posted that...for full patriotic flavour.

Basically you just proved my point, Izzoso...on a thread devoted to TSRTS, you focused on an offhanded remark in my post, and felt the need to simply regurgitate the same Fox News stump speech you've repeated ad nauseum elsewhere.

Yeah, we get it, you love the U.S.! Hoorah! Now go tell it to the marines.

I am merely responding to an offhand remark that You made on a thread devoted to TSRTS. You made the comment and I am merely replying to it. If you had not made that remark then we would not be having this "tete a tete".

Instead of telling the Marines, I should rather tell my Father, who enlisted in the Marines and served TWO tour in Vietnam.

My "deed of purchase" is my birth certificate that states that I was born in Galveston, Texas at 3:34pm on the date of November 4, 1970.

I am not wearing an American flag pin, however, I am drinking a very fine American beverage known as Budweiser.

Archived