Tattoos

loveplant

What tattoos do you all have? My son and I got Zeppelin tattoos together. I have the four symbols on the inside of my forearm and my son got the old man with sticks on his chest - its really big! It was a very bonding experience! Its my third tattoo and his first.

post-18125-0-90964800-1315970803_thumb.j

Edited by loveplant

What to do before getting a tattoo.

PLEASE: Do not get a tattoo if you feel sick. Make sure you wait until you feel better before the tattoo.

Food and rest are important. If you get tattooed on an empty stomach or if you are drunk, can make you feel dizzy, nauseous or dizzy.

Do not take painkillers such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and anesthetics, which can cause increased bleeding or other problems.

It is not appropriate tattoo if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

The local health department in your area can advise if there is no age limit for getting a tattoo, and you will probably need a valid form of identification with you.

Does it hurt getting a tattoo?

This depends on your pain threshold and experience of the person with the tattoo machine. Where to get the tattoo is also a factor in pain. Getting a tattoo involves being stuck multiple times with a needle, therefore, you may feel like having a bunch of shots or being stung by a hornet multiple times. It is also normal to bleed a little.

Edited by Freebird11

I have a tattoo of a hermetic symbol on my left shoulder. I like the symbol and the placement keeps it hidden unless I wear sleeveless shirts so exhibition in solely up to my discretion.

Personally I would never have an obvious tattoo that I could not conceal as I view them as a personal expression more than public art. Also, more than two is a little tacky to me and a definite no-no is when women have breast tattoo's or men have gang related or misogynistic tattoos.

Just my two cents.blink.gif

What tattoos do you all have? My son and I got Zeppelin tattoos together. I have the four symbols on the inside of my forearm and my son got the old man with sticks on his chest - its really big! It was a very bonding experience! Its my third tattoo and his first.

I like the four symbols, would like to see the man with the sticks. I have Jimmy's symbol with his birthdate 1-9-44 under it; that is under the Capricorn Symbol I have of a Sea Goat with my birthdate 1-9-60. I don't have a picture but when I get one I'll post it. I also have a dragon with the Saturn symbol inside the pearl (Saturn rules Capricorn), I have a poodle with 2 dachshunds (my dogs); I have Olivia (the cartoon) I have an angel with a ying/yang symbol instead of the cross and a victorian double heart. 2 on my back the rest are on my legs.

Edited by ZoSo1960

What to do before getting a tattoo.

PLEASE: Do not get a tattoo if you feel sick. Make sure you wait until you feel better before the tattoo.

Food and rest are important. If you get tattooed on an empty stomach or if you are drunk, can make you feel dizzy, nauseous or dizzy.

Do not take painkillers such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and anesthetics, which can cause increased bleeding or other problems.

It is not appropriate tattoo if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

The local health department in your area can advise if there is no age limit for getting a tattoo, and you will probably need a valid form of identification with you.

Does it hurt getting a tattoo?

This depends on your pain threshold and experience of the person with the tattoo machine. Where to get the tattoo is also a factor in pain. Getting a tattoo involves being stuck multiple times with a needle, therefore, you may feel like having a bunch of shots or being stung by a hornet multiple times. It is also normal to bleed a little.

Thanks for the tips! I will need them this year as I'm getting one for my 35th birthday.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the four symbols, would like to see the man with the sticks. I have Jimmy's symbol with his birthdate 1-9-44 under it; that is under the Capricorn Symbol I have of a Sea Goat with my birthdate 1-9-60. I don't have a picture but when I get one I'll post it. I also have a dragon with the Saturn symbol inside the pearl (Saturn rules Capricorn), I have a poodle with 2 dachshunds (my dogs); I have Olivia (the cartoon) I have an angel with a ying/yang symbol instead of the cross and a victorian double heart. 2 on my back the rest are on my legs.

Don't enlarge pic its huge can figure out how to fix that right now. Excuse the razor bumps had just shaved my legs.

post-17888-0-03504000-1318034771_thumb.j

Edited by ZoSo1960

Which one? I've thought of that but with Jimmy...probably not going to go that far.

On my left arm probably Kim Novak, Marilyn Monroe, Stella Stevens

On my right arm Robert Duvall, Steve McQueen, Peter Falk

Just to name a few.

B)

• 8 months later...

Don't enlarge pic its huge can figure out how to fix that right now. Excuse the razor bumps had just shaved my legs.

Holy crap that's amazing! I'm a capricorn as well and got something similar but didn't add Jimmy's birthday. or the moon and ascendant (i'm assuming?) It's awesome!

Edited by wrongeragurl

• 1 month later...

I think there are some fantastic art in tattoos just not for me personally. I am not a Holy Roller but am a Christian and it clearly says in the Bible not to put marks etc on your body. Your body is a Temple of God.

Here is what it says.

Leviticus 19:28 >>

parallel7.gifNew International Version (©1984)

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

New Living Translation (©2007)

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD.

English Standard Version (©2001)

You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

Never slash your body to mourn the dead, and never get a tattoo. I am the LORD.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

American King James Version

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks on you: I am the LORD.

American Standard Version

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am Jehovah.

Douay-Rheims Bible

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh, for the dead, neither shall you make in yourselves any figures or marks: I am the Lord.

Darby Bible Translation

And cuttings for a dead person shall ye not make in your flesh, nor put any tattoo writing upon you: I am Jehovah.

English Revised Version

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible

"'You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. I am Yahweh.

Young's Literal Translation

And a cutting for the soul ye do not put in your flesh; and a writing, a cross-mark, ye do not put on you; I am Jehovah. comment7.gifBarnes' Notes on the Bible

Cuttings in your flesh for the dead - Compare the margin reference. Among the excitable races of the East this custom appears to have been very common.

Print any marks - Tattooing was probably practiced in ancient Egypt, as it is now by the lower classes of the modern Egyptians, and was connected with superstitious notions. Any voluntary disfigurement of the person was in itself an outrage upon God's workmanship, and might well form the subject of a law. Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

Any cuttings in your flesh for the dead - That the ancients were very violent in their grief, tearing the hair and face, beating the breast, etc., is well known. Virgil represents the sister of Dido "tearing her face with her nails, and beating her breast with her fists."

"Unguibus ora soror foedans, et pectora pugnis."

Aen., l. iv., ver. 672.

Nor print any marks upon you - It was a very ancient and a very general custom to carry marks on the body in honor of the object of their worship. All the castes of the Hindoos bear on their foreheads or elsewhere what are called the sectarian marks, which distinguish them, not only in a civil but also in a religious point of view, from each other. Most of the barbarous nations lately discovered have their faces, arms, breasts, etc., curiously carved or tattooed, probably for superstitious purposes. Ancient writers abound with accounts of marks made on the face, arms, etc., in honor of different idols; and to this the inspired penman alludes, Revelation 13:16, Revelation 13:17; Revelation 14:9, Revelation 14:11; Revelation 15:2; Revelation 16:2; Revelation 19:20; Revelation 20:4, where false worshippers are represented as receiving in their hands and in their forehead the marks of the beast. These were called στιγματα stigmata among the Greeks, and to these St. Paul refers when he says, I bear about in my body the Marks (stigmata) of the Lord Jesus; Galatians 6:17. I have seen several cases where persons have got the figure of the cross, the Virgin Mary, etc., made on their arms, breasts, etc., the skin being first punctured, and then a blue colouring matter rubbed in, which is never afterward effaced. All these were done for superstitious purposes, and to such things probably the prohibition in this verse refers. Calmet, on this verse, gives several examples. See also Mariner's Tonga Islands, vol. i. p. 311-313. Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead,.... Either with their nails, tearing their cheeks and other parts, or with any instrument, knife, razor, &c. Jarchi says, it was the custom

I think there are some fantastic art in tattoos just not for me personally. I am not a Holy Roller but am a Christian and it clearly says in the Bible not to put marks etc on your body. Your body is a Temple of God.

Here is what it says.

Leviticus 19:28 >>

parallel7.gifNew International Version (©1984)

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

New Living Translation (©2007)

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD.

English Standard Version (©2001)

You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

Never slash your body to mourn the dead, and never get a tattoo. I am the LORD.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

American King James Version

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks on you: I am the LORD.

American Standard Version

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am Jehovah.

Douay-Rheims Bible

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh, for the dead, neither shall you make in yourselves any figures or marks: I am the Lord.

Darby Bible Translation

And cuttings for a dead person shall ye not make in your flesh, nor put any tattoo writing upon you: I am Jehovah.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible

"'You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. I am Yahweh.

Young's Literal Translation

And a cutting for the soul ye do not put in your flesh; and a writing, a cross-mark, ye do not put on you; I am Jehovah. comment7.gifBarnes' Notes on the Bible

Cuttings in your flesh for the dead - Compare the margin reference. Among the excitable races of the East this custom appears to have been very common.

Print any marks - Tattooing was probably practiced in ancient Egypt, as it is now by the lower classes of the modern Egyptians, and was connected with superstitious notions. Any voluntary disfigurement of the person was in itself an outrage upon God's workmanship, and might well form the subject of a law. Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

Any cuttings in your flesh for the dead - That the ancients were very violent in their grief, tearing the hair and face, beating the breast, etc., is well known. Virgil represents the sister of Dido "tearing her face with her nails, and beating her breast with her fists."

"Unguibus ora soror foedans, et pectora pugnis."

Aen., l. iv., ver. 672.

Nor print any marks upon you - It was a very ancient and a very general custom to carry marks on the body in honor of the object of their worship. All the castes of the Hindoos bear on their foreheads or elsewhere what are called the sectarian marks, which distinguish them, not only in a civil but also in a religious point of view, from each other. Most of the barbarous nations lately discovered have their faces, arms, breasts, etc., curiously carved or tattooed, probably for superstitious purposes. Ancient writers abound with accounts of marks made on the face, arms, etc., in honor of different idols; and to this the inspired penman alludes, Revelation 13:16, Revelation 13:17; Revelation 14:9, Revelation 14:11; Revelation 15:2; Revelation 16:2; Revelation 19:20; Revelation 20:4, where false worshippers are represented as receiving in their hands and in their forehead the marks of the beast. These were called στιγματα stigmata among the Greeks, and to these St. Paul refers when he says, I bear about in my body the Marks (stigmata) of the Lord Jesus; Galatians 6:17. I have seen several cases where persons have got the figure of the cross, the Virgin Mary, etc., made on their arms, breasts, etc., the skin being first punctured, and then a blue colouring matter rubbed in, which is never afterward effaced. All these were done for superstitious purposes, and to such things probably the prohibition in this verse refers. Calmet, on this verse, gives several examples. See also Mariner's Tonga Islands, vol. i. p. 311-313. Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead,.... Either with their nails, tearing their cheeks and other parts, or with any instrument, knife, razor, &c. Jarchi says, it was the custom

I am a Christian and I find nothing wrong with tattoos. Back then when they would put tattoos it would an act of worship to a god. Now we have forgotten that ritual worship and get tattoos for different reasons.

I've thought about getting fine line portraits of the old movie stars on both my forearms but just haven't done it yet.

cool.gif

There's an old joke about a woman who was very upset about the unrecognizable celebrity tattoos she got on her thighs, so she asked a drunk at the parlor to settle the dispute. His verdict was that she absolutely shouldn't have to pay for these, but must pay double for the wonderful Jerry Garcia likeness between them.

A bad-ass biker is involved in a serious crash, and is taken to hospital. When he gets there, a male nurse gives him a full examination, and later on a pretty female nurse tends his wounds.

During their coffee break, the two nurses discuss their patient. "You know what I thought was weird?", says the male nurse. "When I stripped him down, I saw he had 'MOD' tattooed on the end of his dick. That's a strange tattoo for a rocker to have, don't you think?".

"No, you can't have looked properly", says the female nurse. "When I was sponging him down below, it definitely said 'MOTORHEAD' "

Allow me - to expand on that, Major. Around these parts, the nurse tends to a fellow from the Carribian, who apparently has a thing for a girl named "WENDY", but the tattoo (when"unfurled") reads:

"WEelcome to the laND of opportunitY"