Zep and KISS tour?

Quintas

Take a look at his solo album, he is great as a musican

Hate to break it to you but he did not even play bass on his own solo album, Neil Jason did and he had a slew of other musicians including Joe Perry, Rick Nielsen, and even Cher (just to name a few of the slew). Again, the guy is no musician but I praise him for his marketing and packaging strategies.

Edited by Sagittarius Rising

• 2 weeks later...

That's just your opinion. I'm not a fan of KISS music, but I do like the way KISS supports the Wounded Warrior Project and donates millions of dollars to helping wounded vets. That alone would make Simmons not an asshole in my book.

You can donate to, and support all the charities you want, it doesn't stop you from being an asshole. No one is more aware of his reputation than Simmons himself, just look at the title of his second solo record.

Kiss did not suck. They were the only decent band to come out of the USA until the Ramones. And the Ramones were the last.

I'd put Creedence Clearwater Revival head and shoulders above both of those bands, same for the Beach Boys and that's just scratching the surface of great American bands.

Okay I like some of the Ramones stuff for sure. The same for Creedence Clearwater Revival, actually never did an extensive listen to ALL their material (perhapes I should) but I think every song I have heard of theirs I've really liked.

But I have to agree, The Beach Boys are in a class of their own, Pet Sounds is a masterpiece, as is SMiLE. To bad many of the causual public are unaware of them as producing some of the most progressive and innovative music ever recorded during 1966-67 + but only see them as a Surfer band oldies act. During the mid 60's they were actually one of the few acts in music that gave The Beatles a genuine run for their money as far as innovation and experimentation goes.

Edited by SuperStatic

When it comes to my list of favorite American bands, Kiss and Guns n' Roses don't even enter the picture. I would certainly put The Band at or near the top but I've never been sure if they considered themselves a band from the United States or not. Most of the membership hailed from Canada but the music they made was decidedly "American".

Hey, if you want to consider charity work as a prerequisite for being a good chap I guess that makes Hitler one hell of a guy. Hitler was one of the first true "animal lovers" and passed the first animal rights laws and set up funds for animal protection and welfare anywhere in the world. What a guy. Charity is simply a mask an asshole wears to look descent while they screw everyone around them.

Hey, if you want to consider charity work as a prerequisite for being a good chap I guess that makes Hitler one hell of a guy. Hitler was one of the first true "animal lovers" and passed the first animal rights laws and set up funds for animal protection and welfare anywhere in the world. What a guy. Charity is simply a mask an asshole wears to look descent while they screw everyone around them.

Now your just being extreme. Such a silly thing to say. Gene Simmons supports the cause because he has seen first hand what enemy's do to his countrymen.

• 2 weeks later...

Music is in the ear of the beholder............KISS a good rock and roll Band,ACE an excellent guitar Player ,Peter Criss great drummer back in the day,great stage shows best 2 minute songs around.Kiss huge impact on Rock in the 70's as was,ZEP,AEROSMITH,WHO,UFO,ALICE COOPER,TED NUGENT,QUEEN,STONES,TULL.Blue Oyster Cult .Each have their own excellence about them.

The Nazis enacted laws against Kosher butchering and vivisection as part of their overall persecution of Jews.

I hardly see where there is any humor in making this point here now? Is there no topic that you aren't willing to troll with these types of bigotted comments? There is nothing funny about Nazis or whatever evil policies they encacted. I suppose next you are going to say that they got the economy on track and kept the trains moving on time too?

amazing... :thumbdown:

You know what man..your a total idiot!!!! If you READ what it says...I said for the welfare of the ANIMALS...did I say anything else???? NO. dont put words in my mouth-scumbag!

Yeah I saw what you said. You were reinforcing another post based on flawed logic that compared Gene Simmons to Adolph Hiter. In context you thought you were being cute I guess (as usual), but you failed to appreciate the absolute HORROR of making light of what Hitler and the holocaust represents to millions of people. And since Gene Simmons is Jewish, it really comes off as being bigotted and inflamatory.

Feel free to explain, edit, correct or apologize for anything you have posted, or that I may have misenterpreted. I would hate to think that you are now making fun of the holocaust too.

And really Rock Historian, using words like "scumbag" against me for defending Gene Simmons against a bigotted slur comparing him to Hitler does not make you look good as either a "Historian" or any other self proclaimed title you feel that you deserve.

I would expect that you are capabe of being better than that. I challenge you to be better than that, and I hope you are just joking again.

DUDE, are you for real...once again. Do you have a fuckin problemm understanding what you read-or do you create images and words in your mind that people don't say to you. I said for the welfare of the ANIMALS...meaning real animals...not people. Im not defending Hitler in any other way but for that reason, he did creat programs for animals-he was an animal lover-that is my only positive thought in that matter. And that is all I wrote. I have NO argument with the rest of Hitler's demonic life or Gene Simmons. I only mentioned animals...the rest is your mouth/thoughts adding words where they weren't written-your a sick individual.

Why not make this wacky concert a trilogy and invite these guys too?

post-1183-0-28043800-1323923052.jpg

Hey Ross!

I would rather see NY & LZ on the same bill and forget about KISS altogether.

Led Zeppelin had an affinity with CSN&Y and some of them even jammed with them plus JImmy played on Stephen Stills' album in the '80's called, Right By You.

I'm certain that being English and formerly from The Hollies, Nash would've crossed paths with Jimmy during the '60's and '70's as well.

They loved their style so much they wrote and recorded Down By The Seaside as a kind of hats off to them individually and collectively, particularly Neil Young circa After The Goldrush and Harvest.

So in that context Young would be a better fit than KISS.