Free/Jimmy rumour

truth and beauty

Essentially, yes. Jimmy had been off the road for a few years so once he had a band to tour with he was quite keen on partying with his bandmates. Spent countless hours with Tony and/or Chris in hotel bars, music joints and others haunts. Not so much with Paul who took a more early to bed early to rise approach to life on the road. Not always, mind you, but more often than not. This is not to say they aren't good friends - they definitely are.

But I doubt Jimmy would or could indulge in such behavior at the age of 68. If he were to tour again, he would be the one going to bed sober and probably early. Plus, while touring he didn't have to worry about keeping his voice in shape for each concert, night after night. Wasn't he behaving himself whilst on tour with the Black Crowes to the point that it annoyed Chris Robinson?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at a loss why Page would feel he has to play with other former famous name musicians. I mean, really, he's Jimmy Page? What would playing with the remanants of Free do for him and why would he even consider such a thing?

I loved Free but this is 2012. Page really needs to do his own thing today, if he's going to do anything at all.

I'm at a loss why Page would feel he has to play with other former famous name musicians. I mean, really, he's Jimmy Page? What would playing with the remanants of Free do for him and why would he even consider such a thing?

I loved Free but this is 2012. Page really needs to do his own thing today, if he's going to do anything at all.

THIS plus a million!

I totally agree with you. 100%

Archived