2012 NFL Thread

Walter

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21474029/2012-black-monday-coaching-hot-seat-tracker

Above is Black Monday tracker

The Buffalo Bills, Ralph Wilson has removed himself from the game. He has given full power to the CEO of operations and Buddy Nix the GM is now the former GM. Fired.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/sources-ralph-wilson-to-give-up-organizational-control-of-bills.html

I hear the 49ers signed Billy Cundiff as a placekicker. Isn't he the same chump who missed that chip shot that could have put the Ravens in the Super Bowl last season? I guess that says a lot about how shaky David Akers has been.

That's the same Billy Cunwhiff. The taters cut him because he couldn't hit for 'skins either. Teir new kicker has been clutch. Their has to be somebody better than him unless they are just using him for kick offs

^ When the cowboys cut him, the ravens tried him out with Steven Hauschka( who was the long kicker). We were determine to get rid of Stover. Who spent the end of the season with the colts, when Vinatari went down. He is now with the Seahawks. Nobody can figure this kicking thing out.

Sounds like Andy Reid is the new head coach of the Arizona Cardinals and the Buffalo Bills have put their brass on a fucking plane 24 hrs after canning the whole staff to Arizona to talk to Whisenhunt. After they wine and dine his ass I wonder how much they will offer him? I have a gut feeling he is the next head coach of the Bills. Can someone tell me if he was the coach of the Cardinals when they made it to the Super Bowl vs Pittbsurgh and almost won?

Once again REID TO THE CARDINALS.

Sounds like Andy Reid is the new head coach of the Arizona Cardinals and the Buffalo Bills have put their brass on a fucking plane 24 hrs after canning the whole staff to Arizona to talk to Whisenhunt. After they wine and dine his ass I wonder how much they will offer him? I have a gut feeling he is the next head coach of the Bills. Can someone tell me if he was the coach of the Cardinals when they made it to the Super Bowl vs Pittbsurgh and almost won?

You are correct on Whisenhunt coaching the Cards to the Super Bowl. Lovie Smith also reportedly interested in the Buffalo job.

You are hense sent to bed with no milk and cookies. I DONT WANT LOVIE DOVIE

Ha, ha. What's wrong with Lovie. He took the bears to a Super Bowl and more recently the NFC title game. Sounds like a pretty good resume to me & the man can coach defense, something you need in Buffalo.

Ha, ha. What's wrong with Lovie. He took the bears to a Super Bowl and more recently the NFC title game. Sounds like a pretty good resume to me & the man can coach defense, something you need in Buffalo.

Prefer Whisenhunt. But want Haslett the most. Cant talk to him yet. Tampering.

You would think they would want a GM first?

All these coach's that were fired were fired for a reason. But for some reason some teams think some of them will blossom in a new environment. I do not see this happening with Andy Reid. Not at this stage of his life. I think its a bad move if the Cards do sign him. I do not know about Whisenhunt but the talk is he may wind up in Buffalo.

Andy Reid will be a disaster in Arizona.

IMO, Kurt Warner had more to do with the Cardinals getting to the Super Bowl(and almost winning!) than Whisenhunt. Don't know what Whiz can do in Buffalo...Fitzpatrick is NO Warner.

Arizona needs a QB. Alex Smith might be an attractive name, as much as Rick may not want to hear that. ESPN is reporting that Reid is going to talk with the Chiefs about their head coaching position, so he may not be a lock in Arizona yet. Kansas City, another team that needs a QB, how many teams are in that same boat?!

Andy Reid will be a disaster in Arizona.

IMO, Kurt Warner had more to do with the Cardinals getting to the Super Bowl(and almost winning!) than Whisenhunt. Don't know what Whiz can do in Buffalo...Fitzpatrick is NO Warner.

Fitzpatrick will not be back Count on that. And why would Alex Smith chose Arizona over Buffalo? Buffalo has more talent.

No disrespect to the coaches that were fired but I think the statute of limitations is out on just about all of them. Having coached sports , albeit at the senior amature level, there comes a time when no matter how good you are, you start to burn out and when that happens, a fresh voice and a fresh face are what's required to address and motivate talent. Like all sports, there comes a time when it's necessary to bring in the next wave of good,younger, highly motivated coaches and for the teams that are now looking for a new head coach, that's the avenue I believe they should be looking at.

No disrespect to the coaches that were fired but I think the statute of limitations is out on just about all of them. Having coached sports , albeit at the senior amature level, there comes a time when no matter how good you are, you start to burn out and when that happens, a fresh voice and a fresh face are what's required to address and motivate talent. Like all sports, there comes a time when it's necessary to bring in the next wave of good,younger, highly motivated coaches and for the teams that are now looking for a new head coach, that's the avenue I believe they should be looking at.

Maybe, but they are being recirculated in most cases. Norv Turner is no doubt going to have to go back to being an offensive coordinator where he got his name. Reid will fail in Arizona, I agree with Strider on that. If he indeed winds up there. The news reports are pretty much certain he will. I do not know how the Bills interview with Whisenhunt went. If he does not come here it won't break my heart. I want Jimmy Haslett from Wash. Played his whole career for Buffalo and will no doubt have his heart into it.

Oh no. Bills to interview Lovey Dovey

The Cards need more than a couple of pieces - like a new o-line to start with....plus the NFC West has some solid teams. Same thing cannot be said for the AFC West though! ;) Maybe that's the reason?

Archived