Led Zeppelin Mono

I understand that Led Zeppelin released some 45s in the 1970's that were in mono sound for the AM stations. Does anyone have any info on these. Also does anyone have copies of these?

The only thing I have off the top of my head is a mono mix of "Gallows Pole" that contains an extra 11 seconds that was subsequently removed on all official releases. It originates from an Original 33 & 1/3rd 7" promo that I have neither a photo nor any other info. I will be happy to shoot it your way if you want it.

I understand that Led Zeppelin released some 45s in the 1970's that were in mono sound for the AM stations. Does anyone have any info on these. Also does anyone have copies of these?

From what I have heard, these are just fold-downs of the stereo mixes, not unique mono mixes.

The only thing I have off the top of my head is a mono mix of "Gallows Pole" that contains an extra 11 seconds that was subsequently removed on all official releases. It originates from an Original 33 & 1/3rd 7" promo that I have neither a photo nor any other info. I will be happy to shoot it your way if you want it.

Would love it - thanks!

I have a mono 45 of Whole Lotta Love that was my father's, it has Livin' Lovin' Maid on the b-side.

From what I have heard, these are just fold-downs of the stereo mixes, not unique mono mixes.

^ This.

I'm pretty sure that all the mono mixes are just fold-downs of the stereo ones. There are quite a few Zeppelin tracks that were released in mono, though - several of the single releases featured mono sides, some of which were edited, some complete.

Yes, every single mono release currently known to be in existence, whether album, single, and/or promo, is a fold-down.

IIRC, there are some old non-USA mono pressings floating around too - I think there's a French Led Zeppelin III in mono. But again, it's a fold-down.

There are 4 versions, both unaltered Mono and Stereo, and then both "declicked" versions.

Original 33 & 1/3rd 7" promo>CD

Notes: At exactly 4 min.........(.Actually 5min 13 sec)......... there is an additional 11 seconds left in this original mix of the song. It was later chopped out on all official releases.

A real oddity.

Thanks to Mark L. in Cali. for the CD Master of his original EP!

1. Gallows Pole mono

2. Gallows pole mono (declicked)

3. Gallows Pole stereo

4. Gallows Pole stereo (declicked)

All credit gos to Jameskg, as I am pretty sure I got this from him.. Thanks James for this oddity :)

These are the notes that came with what I have. No additional info to what 3hrs already posted.

Archived