QUESTION REGARDING BACKSTAGE SCENE IN "TSRTS" MOVIE

I'm having a debate with a friend and decided to posit the question here in hopes someone(Sam? Steve?) can confirm the answer.

You know the first backstage scene in "The Song Remains the Same"? The scene right after "Black Dog" where Robert's going on about "that cosmic energy...everybody goes 'Yay- BASH!'"? Well, when Robert's saying something like "This is a song in which our forefathers blah blah blah…did you hear that?" A voice then responds "I couldn't believe it."

Now, I have always thought that was Jimmy responding but a certain headstrong Texas filly I know asserts that is not so. It sure doesn't sound like Peter Grant.

So, is it Jimmy? Or is it someone else?

I'm not sold on the idea of the voice being American. BP Fallon? He definitely was there, so that's a possibility. Perhaps Danny Goldberg or Benji are also candidates?

^^^

Dance away, sweetheart...dance away. One day...

The funny thing is, it's that pronounciatipn of "believe" with the long "eeeeeve" sound that had me thinking it was an English accent when I saw it as a kid.

• 2 years later...

Believe it man, it ain't no Englishman.

Damn straight!

It's Elvis Aaron Presley, throwing a disguised voice.

Look at the reflections in the mirrors and you can briefly discern the back of his head.

Archived