Your Zeppelin Viny Bootlegs

Hey there, I am wondering what all bootlegs you guys have on vinyl, and if you guys have any websites about where I could get some it'd be much appreciated, I am looking for some and have found a few, but not enough to satisfy my cravings. Thanks!

I only have about 125 different Led Zeppelin/solo vinyl bootlegs as the immediate popularity of the compact disc format at the end of the '80s effectively put an end to vinyl bootleg releases (although there have been some exceptions). Even if there were websites for

purchasing Led Zeppelin vinyl bootlegs they could not be promoted here on the official site.

The Rising Of The Zeppelin on Yellow Vinyl

Live In Japan

Soundcheck July 5, 1973

Mudslide on Tie Dye Vinyl (I posted a video of this record in the Master Forum under the thread "From My Personal Collection")

Bonzo's Last Stand

I also have In The Mood, Toronto 1983 by Robert Plant.

Back on topic. I sold a lot of my vinyl bootlegs as the CD era came along and many of the shows I had were released in more complete form on CD...and often in superior sound. My collection wasn't as extensive as our esteemed Mr. Jones, but it was close to around 75.

Now I sadly rue selling most of those vinyl boots and wished I could get them back. I still have around 20 of my old Led Zeppelin boots...most of them packed away. Every so often I get the urge to pull one out...the next time I do, I'll take a complete count of my inventory.

Back on topic. I sold a lot of my vinyl bootlegs as the CD era came along and many of the shows I had were released in more complete form on CD...and often in superior sound. My collection wasn't as extensive as our esteemed Mr. Jones, but it was close to around 75.

Now I sadly rue selling most of those vinyl boots and wished I could get them back. I still have around 20 of my old Led Zeppelin boots...most of them packed away. Every so often I get the urge to pull one out...the next time I do, I'll take a complete count of my inventory.

:thumbdown: i'd say you made quite a mistake selling any of your vinly bootlegs. what were you thinking? anything of that nature should be valued and cherished never taken for granted.

I don't know of any websites featuring vinyl, but you should keep an eye out for the old Robert Godwin illustrated collector's guides. The third edition from 1988. I have around 250-300 myself.

I have about 65 vinyl bootlegs and I also have The Can- 10 LP different colored in metal film can. There are only 300 in the world and I have the 100th one. I also saw one on Jimmy Page's shelf in 'It Might Get Loud" I thought that pretty cool.

I also still have my vinyl bootlegs (around 60-65 plus a couple of Firm & Plant ones). I got into collecting in the 80's and noticed how the first ones I got were just a plain white cover with an insert sleeve, but by the time I got the last ones many of them had nice color covers.

:thumbdown: i'd say you made quite a mistake selling any of your vinly bootlegs. what were you thinking? anything of that nature should be valued and cherished never taken for granted.

Well, yeah, I realize that now but back in the 80s, it was kind of a pain to lug around your vinyl collection every time you moved. Plus, for every Mike Millard there were dozens who were more like those assholes in New York who talked thru the whole concert and cut off the beginnings and endings of songs by pausing constantly, missing all the Plantations, and just generally making it a pain in the ass to listen to one of their recordings.

When cds came along, it was refreshing to finally have concerts in the correct running order...even the Badgeholder's vinyl boot is out of sequence...and to be able to hear Dazed and Confused all the way through without having to get up and flip the record over.

Vinyl was going the way of the dinosaur...or so we believed in 1985-86, which is when I sold most of my bootlegs. We certainly didn't think vinyl bootlegs would acquire the romantic allure they have now. As I mentioned, they were considered a nuisance you had to put up with if you wanted to hear a live recording of a band. They were frequently misdated, mislabeled, cut and edited to fit the vinyl format.

Most of the vinyl boots I sold were the shittier sounding ones, or dupes of one show(for instance, I somehow over the years had bought 4 different pressings of the "Going to California" boot). But I still have "Blueberry Hill", "Going to California", "Three Days After", "Copenhagen Warmups", "FBO" and others.

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. It's easy to say now I shouldn't have sold any of them. That's why I would say to that guy who's looking to sell his TSRTS White Vinyl: DON'T DO IT!!!

Sell something else...sell your other records, sell your clothes, jewelry, whatever. But(and this goes for everyone out there) hold on to any Led Zeppelin vinyl you got! It's much harder to replace Zeppelin vinyl than it is other bands like the Stones or Pink Floyd. Every time I visit record stores, the vinyl bins of those two bands always have more stock than the Zeppelin bin. And Zeppelin vinyl boots sell for almost double of what a comparable Stones or Floyd boot goes for.

Unless you're selling a duplicate copy, never ever sell your Led Zeppelin vinyl...it's worth its weight in gold.

• 1 year later...

I started collecting Led Zeppelin back in 1979 when I was a teenager. I picked up many Zep bootlegs back then for just $10 a piece (single LPs) and they are all the original TMOQ pressings either on black or colored vinyl. I bought a copy of each LP that the store I shopped at had (IN THE BACK ROOM Of COURSE). Then the guy got in some new stuff which were on the second TMOQ label released thru Mushroom Records. Many are 2 LP sets on both black and multi-colored vinyl. The TMOQ recordings are all very good quality but then the next new batch of stuff were on so many different labels it was hard to tell what was good at what wasn't unless you bought it took it home and listened. Some of it was to be honest, crap. I stooped collecting boots for awhile until the Destroyer Boxed set came out then purchased mostly shows from 1979 through 1980. My biggest score at that store is when the guy was getting ready to close and I bought The Yardbirds Live at the Shrine Auditorium in LA called The Yardbirds Last Rave up. This one is the original pressing on Glimpses Records complete with the inserts. It was later released through some other bootlegger. All my vinyl boots are in great condition as I usually recorded them to cassette for an easier way to listen to them and for use in my car. I have a book, I'm not sure if it was the one mentioned here but I do know that I own many of the boots listed in the first part of that book. I think I have all of the original first label TMOQ pressings except for one or two.

Hey there, I am wondering what all bootlegs you guys have on vinyl, and if you guys have any websites about where I could get some it'd be much appreciated, I am looking for some and have found a few, but not enough to satisfy my cravings. Thanks!

Methinks you are asking in the wrong place, this is an official website.

Archived