Favorite smart phone apps

Virginia

What apps do you love and use the most? What kinds apps would you like recommendations for? (and do you have an iPhone, Android or other?)

Favorites (Android):

• iSynchr - (around $4); synchs iTunes to Android phones, keeps your playlists
  • Barcode scanner - you can read the barcodes on stuff; very cool (free)
  • MapMyRun - track your exercise routines, running routes, speed, time, calories burned. (Free)
  • Kindle (came with phone)

Would like recommendations for (Android):

• Fitness/exercise (for women)
  • Meal planners
  • To do lists

I like WhatsApp and Shazam. And the Weather Channel app. And Nobex radio for streaming. And of course, MLB At Bat. And The NYT and Washington Post. (And I have a Blackberry...don't tell anyone :) )

Sorry Virginia, but I rarely exercise, cook even less and I'm so unorganized, I don't have a to-do list :D

I like WhatsApp and Shazam. And the Weather Channel app. And Nobex radio for streaming. And of course, MLB At Bat. And The NYT and Washington Post. (And I have a Blackberry...don't tell anyone :) )

Sorry Virginia, but I rarely exercise, cook even less and I'm so unorganized, I don't have a to-do list :D

:lol:

I have the Weather Channel too, and I use the Facebook app a lot. Another one I recently added is Songpop from Facebook :whistling: I have AAA too, but thankfully haven't had to use it yet (knock on wood). Also have Pandora and Spotify, and our local tv stations.

So with 2 recommendations above already, I just downloaded Shazam and look forward to checking it out!

PS my husband and daughter have Blackberries too

PSS on to-do lists; I have Cozi, but it seems like a lot of work

:lol:

I have the Weather Channel too, and I use the Facebook app a lot. Another one I recently added is Songpop from Facebook :whistling: I have AAA too, but thankfully haven't had to use it yet (knock on wood). Also have Pandora and Spotify, and our local tv stations.

So with 2 recommendations above already, I just downloaded Shazam and look forward to checking it out!

PS my husband and daughter have Blackberries too

PSS on to-do lists; I have Cozi, but it seems like a lot of work

Honestly, when I do have to make lists (because I'm finding it increasingly hard to remember things...), I just use the Memo Pad that came on the phone. It does what I need it to do.

I do love my Blackberry and will miss it when I'm forced to get something else since they can't seem to get it together. I'm eyeing the Samsung Galaxy SIII. We'll see.

I have an iPhone and can't live without the calandar and Reminders apps. I also love having a fisheye camera app that my son added.

I, too, love having the Weather Channel app. It is fun to see what the weather is like various places compared to where I live. I am a dork that way. :P

Hi Virginia - I have an iPhone and my favorite app right now is songza. Try it out...it's like like a juke box where you control the mood.

My other favorites are personalized like United and U-verse along with the various sports apps...NFL, Houston Texans, ESPN Scorecenter and the PGA Tour app.

Hi Virginia,

I don't really clog my phone with a lot of apps(I use an Android phone, too).

I have a Wolfgang's Vault (great for listening to lots of great concerts while commuting) and a YouTube and an ESPN scoreboard app.

I also have a couple puzzle apps for word games and Sudoku puzzles, and a LACMA and Hammer Museum app.

That's it.

Archived