What did Jimmy say?

I believe it was right before they played their second encore, Jimmy came out on stage first and approached the mic to address the crowd. He's a soft-spoken gent, as we all know, and I couldn't make out a word. Did anyone catch his comment, and can you tell us what he said? Ta.

Where were you, Chicken?

Thanks a bunch for the transcript, Monkey :)

Erm...this picture kinda shows it best:

n771635552_1868391_9337.jpg

Quite far back.

It was cool to meet you in the queue, by the way! Even though it was quite brief!

Erm...this picture kinda shows it best:

n771635552_1868391_9337.jpg

Quite far back.

It was cool to meet you in the queue, by the way! Even though it was quite brief!

Nice to meet you too! I told Allison which queue you were in, she wanted to say hi as well, but she couldn't find you.

P.S. That's why I don't do standing tickets at shows, because I end up behind a bunch of tall blokes, like in your photo!

Someone once posted an thread wondering if Zepp members had ever been on this site. I would think if they ever were going to it might be now to see how their fans judged their performance. Certainly they read the reviews of the so called professional critics in various media locations, but they may want to see what the average reefer smoking, beer drinking Joe has to say?? Any thoughts?

I didn't smoke reefer or drink beer at the gig. But I get your meaning, I am appallingly average.

My thoughts on the show: it was overwhelming. To say they played impressively or powerfully just doesn't cover it. I was dumbstruck with how well Jimmy in particular plays -- he's lost absolutely nothing with age. "Trampled Underfoot" -- is that available online by the way? -- his soloing was insane. "Since I've Been Loving You" (slap me, but it's never been one of my favourites) was a stand-out as well; the band played out the tension and drama in the song better than any version I'd heard before.

I hate to sound like a drooling fangirl, but I'm afraid it really was that unbelievable of an experience. I'll have to leave it to someone more articulate.

Just before beginning Whole Lotta Love, Plant says "What do you think Dave?" could it be David Gilmour, who was definately reported to have been at the show. If so, you would think Robert would know that Gilmour prefers to be only called David.

Just before beginning Whole Lotta Love, Plant says "What do you think Dave?" could it be David Gilmour, who was definately reported to have been at the show. If so, you would think Robert would know that Gilmour prefers to be only called David.

I think this was a very cheeky, highly sarcastic comment directed to Dave Grohl about Jason's outstanding drumming.

Brilliant!!

I believe it was right before they played their second encore, Jimmy came out on stage first and approached the mic to address the crowd. He's a soft-spoken gent, as we all know, and I couldn't make out a word. Did anyone catch his comment, and can you tell us what he said? Ta.

Yes. He said, 'Hi. My name's Jimmy Fucking Page. Did you know that if you wash your barnet with Daz automatic your hair will turn a delightful shade of white blue, that will look most delectable when you are playing Stairway to Heaven with a beautiful double neck red strat. Oh, sorry Bob. Where were we?'

Hopefully that was helpful.

Yes. He said, 'Hi. My name's Jimmy Fucking Page. Did you know that if you wash your barnet with Daz automatic your hair will turn a delightful shade of white blue, that will look most delectable when you are playing Stairway to Heaven with a beautiful double neck red strat. Oh, sorry Bob. Where were we?'

Hopefully that was helpful.

:lol::hysterical::lol::hysterical::lol::hysterical:

Archived