BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

On 2/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Quiche? Come on man, what's in it?

Sea Bass Filets, Mashed Spuds, Peas. A glass or two of Rioja. I'm cooking so no tip.

Just your basic Quiche Lorraine with ham, bacon and Gruyère cheese.

Today's breakfast was scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, cream cheese, sherry wine and scallions, with grilled rosemary potatoes and bagels and cream cheese, hot English Breakfast tea w/lemon and honey, and orange juice.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale, so I had to google Tom Jenkins. Just looking at the photos would suggest they are 2 different franchises....

If you ever get to Ft Lauderdale, definitely drop by Tom Jenkins.  It's soooooo good. 

32 minutes ago, Strider said:

Today's breakfast was scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, cream cheese, sherry wine and scallions, with grilled rosemary potatoes and bagels and cream cheese, hot English Breakfast tea w/lemon and honey, and orange juice.

This is a perfect meal. Except for the tea.  I'd go with coffee. 

16 hours ago, Strider said:

did u make that ? I would have to replace the salmon and save for lunch or dinner but otherwise very impressed

On 2/5/2022 at 4:58 AM, custard pie man said:

did u make that ? I would have to replace the salmon and save for lunch or dinner but otherwise very impressed

Not that particular time but I have made it myself in the past. I usually make my own breakfast three or four times a week and eat out the other days.

I was having a ham and cheese omelette at the Pantry in downtown L.A. yesterday and met a bunch of people from Georgia, North Carolina , and Idaho. They were in town for the NASCAR race at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum. How did they fit a race track inside that old football stadium? It must have been tiny...like only a quarter-mile.

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Not that particular time but I have made it myself in the past. I usually make my own breakfast three or four times a week and eat out the other days.

I was having a ham and cheese omelette at the Pantry in downtown L.A. yesterday and met a bunch of people from Georgia, North Carolina , and Idaho. They were in town for the NASCAR race at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum. How did they fit a race track inside that old football stadium? It must have been tiny...like only a quarter-mile.

so I watched some of it, track  was quarter mile, hard to pass, pits and buses were outside in parking lot, believe nascar is trying to tap into LA market but I don't see it, hell they  were given 2 races in Fontana but crowds were small, then in middle of race they stop and ice cube starts rapping and thats where I turned it off, went for a walk

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Yup was a quarter-mile track. They paved it 3 months ago. Pretty remarkable feat and some serious outside of the box thinking. Trying to tap into that Super Bowl buzz...