BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Brined chicken in salt water, beer and a little molasses. Homegrown pole beans from last season and rice. 
My vegetable garden is expanding this season and I may start a new thread for gardeners if there was interest. (or not)
No time like the present to live better off your land and put as much *real* serious nutrition into your body.

15 hours ago, Electrophile said:

Nothing until breakfast tomorrow because I made a 9 lb. pork roast for lunch, and I'm still stuffed. It'll make for great leftovers, though.

A pork roast for lunch?  Seriously?   It take what?  2 hours to cook at least right?  I hope you have applesauce?   I made more risotto.  Addicted to it thanks to Mr Gordon Ramsey

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

A pork roast for lunch?  Seriously?   It take what?  2 hours to cook at least right?  I hope you have applesauce?   I made more risotto.  Addicted to it thanks to Mr Gordon Ramsey

Yes, seriously. That seems like a ridiculous thing to lie about. Sundays are the only day of the week my whole family (four people, but still) sit down at the table and eat together, so it's a big deal. Lunches in my house Monday through Saturday are sandwiches or a bowl of soup or a TV dinner of some kind. I enjoy cooking and relish the opportunities I have to do it. It took about 3 hours, and no, we don't serve applesauce with pork. I know some people do, but it's not something I grew up eating. 

16 hours ago, Electrophile said:

Yes, seriously. That seems like a ridiculous thing to lie about. Sundays are the only day of the week my whole family (four people, but still) sit down at the table and eat together, so it's a big deal. Lunches in my house Monday through Saturday are sandwiches or a bowl of soup or a TV dinner of some kind. I enjoy cooking and relish the opportunities I have to do it. It took about 3 hours, and no, we don't serve applesauce with pork. I know some people do, but it's not something I grew up eating. 

It goes well. Like mint jelly with Lamb.  To each his own, but if I have pork chops, I have to have applesauce.  I usually bread them and do in oven.  But I have not had pork in some time. .Trying to avoid meat and stick with fish.  But Turkey is an exception.  I tried Avocado oil for the first time ever yesterday.  I use 1/2 Avocado to 1/2 Olive and the other was part Balsamic Vinegar, for sad dressing.  I am going to make the boiled dinner on St Patricks day. I got a good deal on a brisket at Costco.  Have to return there to day as gas is .40 a gallon less there than anywhere.  I get cases of water there too.  If you buy water from a  machine there its only .25 cents.  Hard to believe it this day and age.  Well good that you cook Liz.  I used to cook in restaurants way back.  I was a head cook actually at several places and one was Lums.  No longer exists.  Anyone her that can remember it may remember the Oliie burger?  Oh the stuff we used to do us naughty boys.  We could watch the manager walk all the way to the bank from front window.  When he did on went the Ollie burgers and out popped the Heineken.  

23 hours ago, Walter said:

Making grilled filet mignon, cheese Alfredo tortellini, sautéed mushrooms, steamed green beans and garlic bread on a Tuesday…why? Junior was accepted into the university of Florida!! 

6F651A94-8EB7-45B9-88FD-67FB5E6D345B.jpeg

4CCD57BC-BF89-4D44-9DFE-3BC1A470CB6F.png

00187662-9BCD-46D1-B12B-97FD671754BF.jpeg

Mazel tov Junior!!  This is great news!  One of my close "imaginary" friends is a Gator... I still like him :)

Really happy for Junior  - and his parents!  And that looks like a fabulous meal... yum!!

On 3/16/2022 at 8:51 PM, ebk said:

Mazel tov Junior!!  This is great news!  One of my close "imaginary" friends is a Gator... I still like him :)

Really happy for Junior  - and his parents!  And that looks like a fabulous meal... yum!!

On 3/17/2022 at 1:15 PM, chillumpuffer said:

@Walter

Great news Chuck. We send all the best to Junior. Cracking dinner again man?

Thank you guys! We took a tour of the campus yesterday. Very impressive program. 
As far as food…tonight is pizza night. Margarita pizza - tomato and fresh mozzarella with garlic and basil.