When was this taken? Please help

cookiecampbell

Didn't they sack John Bindon from the "organization" after the Oakland debacle??? I never understood why they hired that goon and other former London gangsters, all it did was bring them trouble. I always wondered if Peter Grant had affiliations in London's organized crime scene, but if he did he sure did a lousy job of exploiting it since they never made much money in the UK in the early days. Anyone have any info on this? Was Peter Grant affiliated or connected with the London crime scene?

Didn't they sack John Bindon from the "organization" after the Oakland debacle??? I never understood why they hired that goon and other former London gangsters, all it did was bring them trouble. I always wondered if Peter Grant had affiliations in London's organized crime scene, but if he did he sure did a lousy job of exploiting it since they never made much money in the UK in the early days. Anyone have any info on this? Was Peter Grant affiliated or connected with the London crime scene?

I have Bindon's autobiography. It was Richard Cole who hired him to serve as a security co-ordinator for Led Zeppelin's 1977 US tour. Bindon had previously provided security for actors Ryan and Tatum O'Neal and well-connected in ways that would benefit a band with security concerns and drug addictions.

I have Bindon's autobiography. It was Richard Cole who hired him to serve as a security co-ordinator for Led Zeppelin's 1977 US tour. Bindon had previously provided security for actors Ryan and Tatum O'Neal and well-connected in ways that would benefit a band with security concerns and drug addictions.

Thanks Steve, always wondered about that. I guess in the industry you sometimes have to make a deal with the devil to keep all parties happy, regardless of the consequences.

I met him many times, mainly when he was working with Jason back in the 80s,. Jason told me he had passed, and I was sorry to hear that. He was a nice guy, good at his job and respectful of those around him. I hope you and your family have many good memories, all the best to you.

I met him many times, mainly when he was working with Jason back in the 80s,. Jason told me he had passed, and I was sorry to hear that. He was a nice guy, good at his job and respectful of those around him. I hope you and your family have many good memories, all the best to you.

Thank you, that is lovely to hear that xx

Archived