Shepperton Footage

I LOVE the rehearsal footage - feels like a bootleg copy, but with amazing sound. Is it me, or does the camera zoom in slightly more during the 2nd half of it? Seems like they are easier to see, IMO. So glad they decided to add that on to the release!!!

:)

I was thoroughly disappointed with the rehearsal footage.

I was not expecting glossy, beautiful footage but something more akin to a home video, something with some movement, that was actually close the band so we could hear them discuss things, see them make mistakes, etc. Instead we got a single shot from 30ft away that doesn't even clearly show their faces.

^ better than nothing. ;)

i noticed a couple more moving cameras up near the band which was displayed on the large screen behind them, wonder if THAT footage is available?

That will be on the Celebration Day Remastered Deluxe Box Set, set for release in 2017.

(And would buy it, 'cause the rehearsal kicks ass).

But what I'm saying is that that video feed does exist and I'm just wondering why that wasn't used instead.

Yep, I get it - and it is a good question. I really wasn't entirely joking when I said it would come out someday on a Deluxe edition. They we shell out money to buy it again. that is my answer :)

The rehearsal wasn't meant to be filmed at all. Dick Carruthers (the director) set up a single, standard-def, digicam on a tripod in the middle at some distance.

They could have edited in the rear-screen video feed I suppose - but much of that feed consisted of abstract graphics and not live shots of the guys on stage.

At any rate, I got the Deluxe package (2 DVD/2 CD) and the bonus disc cost me something like $6 more than the standard package would've. I'm quite happy.

The Shepperton performance of SIBLY was the single most stunning thing I have heard of everything on the entire Celebration Day bonanza!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the whole package....concert and rehearsal but that version of SIBLY was stellar!!! :)

The Shepperton performance of SIBLY was the single most stunning thing I have heard of everything on the entire Celebration Day bonanza!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the whole package....concert and rehearsal but that version of SIBLY was stellar!!! :)

Every time time I hear Jimmy slide down on the intro to IMTOD I get more than chills down my spine

Archived