Patty Griffin & Her Driver

motu

• 3 weeks later...

Photo by KGSR radio station in Austin, Tx: "Patty Griffin was joined onstage by none other than the inimitable Robert Plant! Thanks to KLRU for sharing their studio with us tonight."

644217_10151338382105064_1813201696_n.jp

Source, Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151338382105064&set=a.342273390063.156988.333911110063&type=1&theater

More info about tonight's performance here: http://www.kgsr.com/kgsrblog/Story.aspx?ID=1928383

For anyone interested, KGSR just posted an album of 12 photos from last night: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151339356815064.1073741826.333911110063&type=1

They also announced that the session will be available to listen May 6th: "Listen May 6 for the playback of our special KGSR Music Lounge w/ Patty Griffin, celebrating the May 7 release of American Kid" (photographs by Blu Sanders).

547500_10151339357150064_1662764121_n.jp

Apparently a radio session took place on KUTX 98.9 and another one at KGSR, I apologise I may be responsible for this confusion, only sam webmaster could clarify,seems like the photos and the video are from the two different performances, once again my apologies.

Had a few tweets at @LedZepNews, makes it clearer:

The video was shot in Austin yesterday afternoon. There was a second show done at seven last night for May 6th

Video from KTUX Austin show at 1:00p.m. on the 15th. Other show with KGSR done at 7 p.m. on the 15th

And someone from KGSR got in touch with me to share the following:

We will air the performance at 6pm CST on Monday May 6. Video will be posted to the website soon!

Nice comments about Robert:-)

Thanks for sharing Deborah. Patty always comes across as a very nice person and she obviously appreciated Robert's contributions to the song. Wonder if we'll ever get to hear the other version he put to the music?

• Administrators
Patty Griffin and Robert Plant Journey to ‘Ohio’ – Premiere

Folk-rock couple take an imaginative spin through a paper world

Patty Griffin's dreamy, nostalgic video for "Ohio" artfully combines intriguing design with earnest folk music. Directed and designed by Roy Taylor, the video's backdrop is made entirely from cut paper and pulled from the history books.

VIDEO

"I wanted to portray the overwhelming desire to reunite with family and loved ones and the spirit of those who helped," Griffin tells Rolling Stone. "Visuals were inspired by historical images such as the false bottom wagon, the stairway from the banks of the Ohio River leading to a safe house of [the abolitionist] John Rankin and a lantern hoisted up a flagpole to signal that bounty hunters and their dogs were not in the area."

‘Ohio' will appear on Patty Griffin's seventh album, American Kid, set for release on May 7th. Griffin and her band will tour throughout 2013; check out a list of tour dates at her website.

Archived