The Rolling Stones at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on 12/15/12

Wolfman

What a show last night. The marching drummers at the beginning were so loud and set the tone for the night. The Stones were fantastic as were the multiple guests. Going Down was the my favorite part of the concert. The guitar solo battle between John Mayer, Gary Clark Jr., Keith, and Ron Wood was the highlight. Ron was very impressive. I also have never been a big Lady Gaga fan but she sounded great in Gimme Shelter. The main reason I went was to see Mick Taylor and I wasn't disappointed. I just wish he played more songs with them. They were very loud too. It seemed they got louder the longer the show went too. Btw, I thought it was very classy of them to honor the victims from Sandy Hook. Say what you want, the Stones still rock!

Wolfy, that's mighty cool that you got to see this show. I imagine it left you buzzing, and the set-list was a good one. Lady Gaga sounded and looked good with them and THEY sounded great musically. My only complaint is Jagger annoys the livin' shit out of me with all that pointing and crap when Gaga was singing alone (around 2:43)....He's a creepy lookin' fucker. Something about him.

Edited by Rock Historian

Lady Gaga's performance was not nearly as compelling as I thought it would be. Even so, it seemed alright all things considered.

I guess that must mean it was an A+ performance, given your distaste for all things Gaga!