Your Band Tour Wishlist for 2013...

TheLastSpartan

Basically, what bands are you hoping tour and come to your town this year? Post away! I'll go first...

The Who

This one is already happening. They are coming to my town on Valentines day. Figured I would through this in just to show how many bands are actually touring around here for 2013. So yeah, The Who touring for next year? Check. Coming to Tulsa, Oklahoma, my city? Check. Got my ticket? Check.

Rush

Missed them back in 2010 since I wasn't into going to concerts back then. Oh well. Then I wanted to catch the Dallas show, which I couldn't. They filmed the Dallas show professionally though, so I guess that kind of makes up for it. They said they are going to announce North American spring and summer tour dates soon, so hopefully they decide to come back.

Soundgarden

Not a huge Soundgarden fan, but I would still like to see them. Christ Cornell is a hell of a vocalist. They do have tour dates, but nothing close to Oklahoma. I still remain hopeful for them to come, or come close at least.

Pearl Jam

Love, love, love Pearl Jam. Favorite 90s band, favorite Grunge band, I am just in love with them. Things look good for a tour this year hopefully. They have only came once to Oklahoma as far as I know, back in 2003 and Eddie Vedder was here just in November in Tulsa (Had to miss that one too) so hopefully he liked the show enough to want to bring Pearl Jam here, or at least to Oklahoma City. Only bad thing? Soundgarden and Pearl Jam share the same drummer, Matt Cameron, so they can't exactly do extensive tours at the same time, unless Soundgarden and Pearl Jam did a tour together, one opening for the other. Hey, there is an idea, especially since the bands get on together, Temple Of The Dog is pretty much Pearl Jam + Chris Cornell. Hint hint PJ and SG!

The Rolling Stones

Old as hell, but can still rock. I know they are far from their 69-72 heyday (or was it 75?), but I still like the show they put on, plus I'd just love to see them once. Basically just a bucket list band, if you know what I mean, but I still love them and would love to see them live. Chances for a tour seem good after the success of their 2012 shows.

Guns N' Roses

Okay, I am probably gonna catch some flack for this, GNR is not the same band they were back in the 80s, but Axl and Friends (as I like to call them) didn't put out that bad of an album and don't put on too bad of a show, and apparently from what I've read in the GNR thread, they've put on 3+ hour shows! I'd love to experience of those. While I disagree with using the GNR name for this, I still think it'd be a great show. Only bad things? Axl likes to come on late, but hopefully the long setlist will make up for it. Chances of a tour seem real good, plus if they come I'm going to take my mom.

Jimmy Page

I honestly hope he does a tour. It doesn't even have to include Zeppelin numbers (even though we all know it will), I'd still pay to go see him play. I'd also pay to see Page and Plant do another tour, or Coverdale and Page, or Black Crowes featuring Jimmy Page tour, just anything Page please! Get Jason Bonham to be the tour drummer and that would make it that much cooler (didn't he do it for Page back in 88? I'm pretty sure he played on the album, not 100% on if he played on the tour). The Firm reunion would also be cool, just anything Page!

Robert Plant

Already got to see him live back in July of 2010 (10 days after my birthday, too!) so if he didn't come or doesn't tour, it isn't that big of a deal, but I still would love to see him. Combined with staying with Patty Griffin these days in Texas and collaborating with her, chances of seeing him perform in Oklahoma seem pretty good I'd think, since you know, we are just above big ol' Texas :).

Them Crooked Vultures

If Page and TCV do a tour,(and Page features Bonham on drums) then I would finally get to say I've seen every member of Zeppelin in concert, but I do love me some Vultures, love the album to death. Jones and friends are beasts, and this albums proves it. Love it, would love to experience them live! Hopefully Grohl is ready to settle down and just do a tour with these guys this year, but we will just have to wait and see.

That is all I can think of, besides Eric Clapton who is coming to Oklahoma City, but because of college and such I probably wont be able to catch him, scratch that, I wont for sure. Also I had a chance to see Aerosmith back in November but decided not too, was never a huge fan and still ain't. Also, try to keep your lists as realistic as possible. As much as we want to place Zeppelin at the top of our lists, it ain't gonna happen, I really want to see who people want to see :) I will add to this list in the future as I think of bands. Post away!

Orchid: The Sabbath-like doom band from San Francisco, missed their performance last year.

Astra: Since their last album is mindblowing I am very very happy to know they will be playing at Roadburn next year. Got my ticket already.

Black Sabbath: Just for old times sake, and to hear stuff from the forthcoming album.

Jimmy Page: Just to see if he is still alive.

Huun Huur Tu: Missed their last concert in Germany while being stuck in a traffic jam.

Sabbath was a band I missed!

Black Sabbath

Although it may not be original original, it is still Sabbath, I'm personally with the "Iommi IS Sabbath" crowd, so yeah. I'd love to see them live. Missed Ozzy with Slash back in 2011, so this would more than make up for it.

AC/DC

Although it is pretty much a scripted greatest hits show, AC/DC still never fails to put on one hell of a performance. Missed them when they came, because of course, wasn't into concerts when they came. It is their 40th anniversary coming up, so that alone makes it that much more likely they could tour, but we shall see.

Cream and Led Zeppelin are far from reality, to be honest. Cream reformed back in 2005 and, well, they kinda sucked. Eric Clapton is no longer the blazing beast he once was, he mellowed out long ago. Jack Bruce is still good on bass, but he almost lost his life when he had a liver transplant, and it took a toll on him, and Ginger Baker has arthritis. As far as Led Zeppelin goes, they did their Swan Song at the 02, so yeah, not realistic in the slightest. Sure, we can dream, but as I said I'd like to keep to thread as realistic as possible.

Cream and Led Zeppelin are far from reality, to be honest. Cream reformed back in 2005 and, well, they kinda sucked. Eric Clapton is no longer the blazing beast he once was, he mellowed out long ago. Jack Bruce is still good on bass, but he almost lost his life when he had a liver transplant, and it took a toll on him, and Ginger Baker has arthritis. As far as Led Zeppelin goes, they did their Swan Song at the 02, so yeah, not realistic in the slightest. Sure, we can dream, but as I said I'd like to keep to thread as realistic as possible.

Basically, what bands are you " hoping" tour and come to your town this year? Post away! I'll go first... NOW YOU'VE HAD A GO AT MY LIST WHERE'S YOURS?

^ It would help if you would look around and read, before running off on the keyboard. Just sayin'....

Basically, what bands are you hoping tour and come to your town this year? Post away! I'll go first...

The Who

This one is already happening. They are coming to my town on Valentines day. Figured I would through this in just to show how many bands are actually touring around here for 2013. So yeah, The Who touring for next year? Check. Coming to Tulsa, Oklahoma, my city? Check. Got my ticket? Check.

Rush

Missed them back in 2010 since I wasn't into going to concerts back then. Oh well. Then I wanted to catch the Dallas show, which I couldn't. They filmed the Dallas show professionally though, so I guess that kind of makes up for it. They said they are going to announce North American spring and summer tour dates soon, so hopefully they decide to come back.

Soundgarden

Not a huge Soundgarden fan, but I would still like to see them. Christ Cornell is a hell of a vocalist. They do have tour dates, but nothing close to Oklahoma. I still remain hopeful for them to come, or come close at least.

Pearl Jam

Love, love, love Pearl Jam. Favorite 90s band, favorite Grunge band, I am just in love with them. Things look good for a tour this year hopefully. They have only came once to Oklahoma as far as I know, back in 2003 and Eddie Vedder was here just in November in Tulsa (Had to miss that one too) so hopefully he liked the show enough to want to bring Pearl Jam here, or at least to Oklahoma City. Only bad thing? Soundgarden and Pearl Jam share the same drummer, Matt Cameron, so they can't exactly do extensive tours at the same time, unless Soundgarden and Pearl Jam did a tour together, one opening for the other. Hey, there is an idea, especially since the bands get on together, Temple Of The Dog is pretty much Pearl Jam + Chris Cornell. Hint hint PJ and SG!

The Rolling Stones

Old as hell, but can still rock. I know they are far from their 69-72 heyday (or was it 75?), but I still like the show they put on, plus I'd just love to see them once. Basically just a bucket list band, if you know what I mean, but I still love them and would love to see them live. Chances for a tour seem good after the success of their 2012 shows.

Guns N' Roses

Okay, I am probably gonna catch some flack for this, GNR is not the same band they were back in the 80s, but Axl and Friends (as I like to call them) didn't put out that bad of an album and don't put on too bad of a show, and apparently from what I've read in the GNR thread, they've put on 3+ hour shows! I'd love to experience of those. While I disagree with using the GNR name for this, I still think it'd be a great show. Only bad things? Axl likes to come on late, but hopefully the long setlist will make up for it. Chances of a tour seem real good, plus if they come I'm going to take my mom.

Jimmy Page

I honestly hope he does a tour. It doesn't even have to include Zeppelin numbers (even though we all know it will), I'd still pay to go see him play. I'd also pay to see Page and Plant do another tour, or Coverdale and Page, or Black Crowes featuring Jimmy Page tour, just anything Page please! Get Jason Bonham to be the tour drummer and that would make it that much cooler (didn't he do it for Page back in 88? I'm pretty sure he played on the album, not 100% on if he played on the tour). The Firm reunion would also be cool, just anything Page!

Robert Plant

Already got to see him live back in July of 2010 (10 days after my birthday, too!) so if he didn't come or doesn't tour, it isn't that big of a deal, but I still would love to see him. Combined with staying with Patty Griffin these days in Texas and collaborating with her, chances of seeing him perform in Oklahoma seem pretty good I'd think, since you know, we are just above big ol' Texas :).

Them Crooked Vultures

If Page and TCV do a tour,(and Page features Bonham on drums) then I would finally get to say I've seen every member of Zeppelin in concert, but I do love me some Vultures, love the album to death. Jones and friends are beasts, and this albums proves it. Love it, would love to experience them live! Hopefully Grohl is ready to settle down and just do a tour with these guys this year, but we will just have to wait and see.

That is all I can think of, besides Eric Clapton who is coming to Oklahoma City, but because of college and such I probably wont be able to catch him, scratch that, I wont for sure. Also I had a chance to see Aerosmith back in November but decided not too, was never a huge fan and still ain't. Also, try to keep your lists as realistic as possible. As much as we want to place Zeppelin at the top of our lists, it ain't gonna happen, I really want to see who people want to see :) I will add to this list in the future as I think of bands. Post away!

Basically, what bands are you " hoping" tour and come to your town this year? Post away! I'll go first... NOW YOU'VE HAD A GO AT MY LIST WHERE'S YOURS?

I apologize if I sounded a bit dickish, but I did say realistic bands, and Cream and Led Zeppelin just aren't realistic. Plus, I understand we all want our Led Zeppelin at the top of the list, and other bands that could be broken up or on hiatus, but it would get old fast seeing them constantly.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more artists I hope come around...

Patty Griffin

Been loving her a lot lately. Such a great talent. Very soothing music!

Pretty much any cover band

Going to see Let's Zeppelin and Electric Funeral on January 26th, I've official got concert fever, and well, tribute acts are fun too! At least they look fun from the videos I've seen.

Lindsey Sterling

She's coming in March, I'm probably gonna be buying a ticket here soon. Dunno why I put an artist who is already confirmed on here, I guess just to make it bigger haha. But yeah, Zelda music blended with classical and dance and such, and a girl who plays a mean violin? Count me in!

Buckethead

I believe he's been at Cain's...twice now? Missed out on him twice. A man of many talents on guitar. Ton of albums to boot. Hope to see him in person sometime!