Musicarnival (Cleveland) 7-20-69 Photos

sam_webmaster

Thanks Sam. I must have been at the other concerts, this one doesn't ring a bell. Great story about how they managed to keep the music rolling after JPJ had to leave and Page broke a string.

Cool story about the girl who got to come up and finish the night out playing bass. I wonder where she is now and what her memories of that night are? That must have been a night she never forgot!

Cool story about the girl who got to come up and finish the night out playing bass. I wonder where she is now and what her memories of that night are? That must have been a night she never forgot!

Good thought, SLB. There were a few good ones in Cleveland around that time. I know it wasn't my friend though, I'd still be hearing about it. Was there an opening band?

• 1 year later...

Hello to all!

I am the "unknown girl" bass player who was lucky enough to perform that night in Cleveland. I started playing bass jn 1964-1965, and still play and perform.

Back then, I was Deborah Smith; I went on to play with Chi-Pig ( see 'Miami' on cdbaby.com ). and most recently I am performing with Half Cleveland, with members if Tin Huey, the Waitresses, and Unit 5.

I would just love seeing any photos from that great night!

Best regards to all,

Deborah Cahan

Hello to all!

I am the "unknown girl" bass player who was lucky enough to perform that night in Cleveland. I started playing bass jn 1964-1965, and still play and perform.

Back then, I was Deborah Smith; I went on to play with Chi-Pig ( see 'Miami' on cdbaby.com ). and most recently I am performing with Half Cleveland, with members if Tin Huey, the Waitresses, and Unit 5.

Best regards to all,

Deborah Cahan

Wow, that's amazing Deborah! Thanks for sharing! Do you remember what songs you played on? Might have to go find a live recording of this show!

• Administrators

Hello to all!

Best regards to all,

Deborah Cahan

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for posting. That would have been the Aug. 26, 1970 show at Public Hall, here: http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/august-26-1970

There's a few pics of the show, but I haven't seen any of the jam with you onstage.

Many thanks for your response to my post

Best regards to all,

Deborah

Deborah Thank you! and Welcome - The Cleveland Memory Project, I have searched the photos and If there is anything further received from the Memory Project Inquiry, I will update...

Here is GarageHangover.Com Link, that lists bands/Musicians contacts around the world from Vintage Era...

Ohio State Archives/Musicians

http://www.garagehangover.com/country/us/ohio/

Many Musicians connect here including from Ohio, and holds archives of our very own Pre-LedZeppelin Band Members, I am unsure of copyright details to post further..

Archived