The "Most Painful Stings" List

SozoZoso

The 10 most painful stings on the planet, by the self-sacrificing man who tried 150 different varieties in the name of science.

I was got by number 5 in the palm of my hand once ****ing sore it was!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2148089/The-10-painful-stings-planet-self-sacrificing-man-tried-150-different-varieties-science.html#axzz2K90Ea69q

Interesting....Those yellow paper wasps are a pain in my ass at work. Nothing seems to work on them except Winter. One teacher keeps an electrified fly swatter so he can zap 'em in his office. Their presence in Michigan is supposed to be a direct result of global warming, and I don't remember seeing any as a kid. Most people think they are bees, not wasps. Made it until 27 when I was stung in the elbow by a bee. They all have my respect.

I got it by a yellow jacket at the dump one time and twice by hornets. It's like a red hot needle. Bastards! :lol:

We just got rid of a nest of bald faced hornets that were in the ground.

My brother said they were as big as your finger when he was in Vietnam.

Japanese giant hornet.

gianthornet1.jpg

The 10 most painful stings on the planet, by the self-sacrificing man who tried 150 different varieties in the name of science.

I was got by number 5 in the palm of my hand once ****ing sore it was!

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2K90Ea69q

I love the descriptions - hilarious.

I got it by a yellow jacket at the dump one time and twice by hornets. It's like a red hot needle. Bastards! :lol:

Japanese giant hornet.

gianthornet1.jpg

OH, MY GOD! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Japanese giant hornet.

gianthornet1.jpg

Oh, Good Lord! :o I agree with TypeO! That just makes your skin crawl.

When I lived in my coconut beach hut in Thailand, in front of the varhanda in the sand was a nest of fire ants. Quite often people would wander up to say hello and if we liked them we would tell them to move from the sand as they would be bitten - if we didn't then we would guess on how long it would take the people to dance !! :lol:

I've been stung or bitten by #10, #9, #6, and #5.

Also reddish/amber wasps and bumblebees, which aren't listed.

Yellowjacket worse than honeybee to me. Yellowjackets are high strung in the late summer/early fall. As kids, we would try to gas or suffocate their nests burrowed in the ground.They look like planes leaving an aircraft carrier when they leave their hole.

Fire ants are all over the south. Mean little bastards.

Oh, Good Lord! :o I agree with TypeO! That just makes your skin crawl.

Those giant wasps are actually lethal in most cases. They both sing and bite. The sting releases an agent which dissolves tissue, so if you are stung more than five or six times you die. Those bastards are both mean and relentless, they are known to chase Japanese farmers from their fields. Last year a woman found her dead husband with no face in his field after receiving five stings to the face.

I was stung by a bark scorpion last summer, wow did that SUCK!!! At first I thought I stepped on an exposed tack, no big deal, than within a second of the initial sensation...SHIT!!! It felt like someone jammed a red-hot rusty nail through my big toe and the pain radiated throughout my foot. The pain began to subside with ice and liquor within two hours, however for the next two days I would all of a sudden get intense burning, shooting pain from my big toe which would last about two seconds and then poof, gone. I hate scorpions, those little fuckers suck and if they serve a useful purpose in nature I have yet to discover it.

They look like planes leaving an aircraft carrier when they leave their hole.

lol....lost some beer on that one ! Bald-headed wasps do that too if you fuck with their paper nests. They cover ground then look for meat. They'll follow you a long way too. Yellow-jackets love to sip on sweet stuff...slurpee spills, pop cans, even anti-freeze.

Archived