2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

It was a great win for the Orioles. A game that seemed hopeless and they stole it. Can't wait to get Chen back. With our hitting we can beat anyone. There are no easy outs in this lineup. Davis is an animal. 19 HR's. Orioles and Tigers coming up.

Dillon Gee, who knew he had that in him, sweeping those damn Yankees. smiley-dance013.gif

The only time ever in creation I'm not sad that the Mets didn't lose... :D

Alot of crazy stuff going on. Who would have thought the Pirates would be 14 over 500 at this point? But I think they were last year too and then the huge collapse. I expect the same. I never disliked the Mets. I love this though for sure. A 4 game sweep. Who would have figured? Garcia shut down the Nats. Orioles looking good. Ill be happy to see Chen back though. How about Chris Davis? Nuts.

^^ Jim Johnson came in & apparently shut the door, so maybe his troubles are over or so you O's fans hope. I'm in agreement Rick about the Pirates eventual collapse, but 3 out of 4 from the Tigers ain't bad. I'm still waiting for the Reds to turn into the "Big Red Machine" and take over that division, but you can't kill those damn Cardinals. The machine that is the Atlanta Braves continues to roll, maybe ready to roll all the way to October, but we're a long way from that.

^^ Jim Johnson came in & apparently shut the door, so maybe his troubles are over or so you O's fans hope. I'm in agreement Rick about the Pirates eventual collapse, but 3 out of 4 from the Tigers ain't bad. I'm still waiting for the Reds to turn into the "Big Red Machine" and take over that division, but you can't kill those damn Cardinals. The machine that is the Atlanta Braves continues to roll, maybe ready to roll all the way to October, but we're a long way from that.

The Cardinals are tough. Jim Johnson came in last night vs Wash in the 9-6 game and blew them away so hopefully he is back on track. Garcia has been a pleasant surprise. We need Chen back and need to get Bundy ready for the bigs. But either way, I believe we have the best offense in baseball. And if you can score like they can, you can win.

You just look at the Pirates on the field and they look like a little league team. Or a beer league bunch. How the hell are they winning? Soon the collapse will come and it wont be pretty. The Yankees get Boston now. Gee, who to cheer for? Sabathia goes tomorrow. They lose that one and they are really in trouble

I hope these damn Angels win. Have them with the O's. I had KC and Seattle with Detroit. The Tigers lose three of four to the stinking Pirates. I am expecting their boy Shherzter to lose that goose egg in the loss colomn tomorrow. Gonzalez should be improving his stuff. Go O's

^^^

Well, if you were talking about Thursday night's Angel-Dodger game, Rick, then you should be a happy camper...they won. Did you have money on the Angels?

Now that Weaver is back and looked good in shutting down the Dodgers, maybe this will turn around the Angels season.

With the Mets sweeping the Yankees, I wonder if Rick held fast to his vow to never bet the Mets again?

^^^

Well, if you were talking about Thursday night's Angel-Dodger game, Rick, then you should be a happy camper...they won. Did you have money on the Angels?

Now that Weaver is back and looked good in shutting down the Dodgers, maybe this will turn around the Angels season.

With the Mets sweeping the Yankees, I wonder if Rick held fast to his vow to never bet the Mets again?

I did not bet against them either. I never would bet on the yankees. Yes I had the Angels with Baltimore. Parlay. I would have won alot more if Detroit did not lose to Pittsburgh. Speaking of which, they come to Baltimore tonight. Maybe a little trash talk can draw Bongman out? We are going to remove that 0 from Sherzer's record. I am sure I mispelled his name so forgive me. Gonzalez can pitch. The O's are coming. Like a freight train. Boston and Yankees go at it and the Yankees are reeling. Their boy Sabathia the fat fuck had better win or they may lose ten in a row. Thanks again Mets. Maybe this will vault you guys into the race? Can you beat Atlanta and Wash is the question?

^^ Vault us into the race, don't make me chuckle. Even with that 4 game sweep, the Mets are still 9 games behind the Braves. The only race we are in is to stay out of last place with the Marlins.

9 games is nothing in late May. If your team comes around, its very possible they can even win the division.

That's right, the Tigers do play the O's tonight, should be a good test for both teams. And not to pat myself on the back, but I believe I called the Blue Jays as far as where they would be in the division. Of course we're not at the All Star break yet. Mets & Marlins tonight, a battle for who will stay out of the cellar in the AL East.

That's right, the Tigers do play the O's tonight, should be a good test for both teams. And not to pat myself on the back, but I believe I called the Blue Jays as far as where they would be in the division. Of course we're not at the All Star break yet. Mets & Marlins tonight, a battle for who will stay out of the cellar in the AL East.

The Mets should have little trouble with them and are on their way back into contention. The big question will be can they beat teams like Wash, Atlanta and even the Phillies?

The Mets should have little trouble with them and are on their way back into contention. The big question will be can they beat teams like Wash, Atlanta and even the Phillies?

And the question I always have, will that offense score runs in the games that Harvey starts.

And the question I always have, will that offense score runs in the games that Harvey starts.

I think the sweep of the Yankees will give them a big confidence boost. They are due to hit for him. I just looked at alot of stats and some on MLB channel. They were comparing Cabrera to Davis and Cal Ripken's brother picks Cabrera and the other dude picks Davis as to who they would rather have at the plate. The Orioles have guys in most top 5 categories in hitting. The bad stat for us is our team ERA, due to the starters mostly, and that rookie that has been rocked, and they are like 5th. If they can improve on that they will be dangerous. Machado is getting great reviews and why not. The kid is nuts. Most experts are scratching their heads when trying to predict this division. Most of them come back to Tampa and I just dont get it. Nobody is counting us out, and recently I hear more praise for Baltimore than the Yankees and Red Sox. Toronto's early collapse have them dumbfounded

Archived