2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Well, I just checked the O's website (since I haven't been paying a lick of attention to Bundy) and they say as of April 29th, he's on 6 weeks rest. MRI was negative, so they're hoping for the best.

Thanks. That is good news. Lets hope he is pitching soon.

Can't believe I took the Muts with Harvey. :wall:

How many times is Rick going to swear to never bet on the Mets and Angels. :lol: Of course, young Matt Harvey gave the Mets every chance to win & the offense couldn't pick him up, again.

Red Sox got pounded today, wow!

The Phillies and O's pulled my feet from the coals. Those fucking Angels suck. Doin good in hockey so far

The Indians in first place in the AL Central, what the hell?!?! :wacko:

Its not a terrible shock as many people predicted them to be in this race. Detroit are the overwhelming favorite, but are they as good as advertised? Lets not forget how bad they were in the Series. KC should make some noise too and its most likely going to be a while before there is any seperation. I am hoping and expecting Cleveland to give the Yankees alot of trouble. We get San Diego at home tomorrow. Finally a "break" if you want to call it one I think you have to.

I just wonder if the Tigers fans are worried about Valverde coming in to try to close the door in the 9th inning? And the Orioles should have it easy playing the Padres, 2 out of 3 or a sweep. Meanwhile, my Mets are probably going to have their brains beaten in by the Cards.

Horrible. Don't need to say much more than that about the RSox right now.

A close friend of mine whose house I just left feels the same way. Big Red Sox fan but does not expect much from them because of relief pitching. I hope Cleveland takes care of the Yankees today. The O's should take care of San Diego no doubt Paul. It would be an upset if they lost a game in this series IMO

Washington 6, Dodgers 2...see ebk, told you there was nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile, the Yankees swept Kansas City over the weekend, so of course the Royals come in and humiliate the Angels 11-4. :bagoverhead:

I've been hearing Tony LaRussa's name bandied about as a possibilty in Anaheim. Tonight, I think I get the Giants/Blue Jays game on MLB Network. I've been saying for weeks that R.A. Dickey will figure things out & get that knuckleball dancing again. I guess we'll see.

Intriguing matchup in the Bronx tonight, King Felix vs. CC Sabathia, should be a good one. And I expect the O's to pound the Padres tonight.

Johnson can go pull his Johnson. He fucked us good. First blown save in a long time and he sure picked a meatball of a team to do it against. Stink, stank, stunk. Shit game. Shit performance.

^^ I just saw the highlights on ESPN, that sinker ball for Johnson wasn't sinking, but that happens every once in awhile, those blown saves. The great ones will give one up every now & then but the beauty of baseball is that there's another game tomorrow & a chance to erase what happened the day before. The O's should be fine.

The Mets on the other hand, good lord. I knew this series with the Cards was not going to be pretty. Nothing to do but look forward to Friday when Harvey starts at Wrigley Field & hope the Mets can score him some runs.

The Yankees in first place with a 2 game lead. Who saw that coming at the beginning of the year?

I've been hearing Tony LaRussa's name bandied about as a possibilty in Anaheim. Tonight, I think I get the Giants/Blue Jays game on MLB Network. I've been saying for weeks that R.A. Dickey will figure things out & get that knuckleball dancing again. I guess we'll see.

Is he kind of the Phil Jackson of baseball? Past success does not mean future success is a certainty. Certainly we all have lived to see enough proof of that. Joe Torre, Dick Vermeil, Scotty Bowman, just to name a few. Anaheim may need a shake up. All that talent. There has to be a clammering for him to go?

Why is Buck going to these clowns? They just wracked us for 4 runs. Get rid of Garcia. he is too fucking old. Experiment failed. Time to fucking admit it and get rid of him. We cant win the race with only Chen, Tillman and Gonzalez when he returns. Straighten this fucking mess out now Buck. We need to rally here. Possible, but their best guy is on the mound. On a brighter note I have the Tigers with the Cards. I only need beat the listless, miserable Muts to cash

Wow, the Padres putting it to the O's, what the hell?!? Even my Muts could take care of San Diego. Tigers and Astros all knotted up at 5. Betting against the Mets sounds like a wise wager, especially with Marcum and his 8.59 ERA going tonight. I just hope those fuckers score some runs for Harvey on Friday.

Wow, the Padres putting it to the O's, what the hell?!? Even my Muts could take care of San Diego. Tigers and Astros all knotted up at 5. Betting against the Mets sounds like a wise wager, especially with Marcum and his 8.59 ERA going tonight. I just hope those fuckers score some runs for Harvey on Friday.

Yeah well that is why they play 162 games. I am not liking the choices Buck has made recently with the 4th man in the rotation. I know Gonzalez is out but WTF? Detroit sucks my cock too. They blew a big lead to Houston. talk about us tanking to San Diego. Lets see if they pull the Houston game out. I need Atlanta this afternoon to cash one parlay. At least I am honest about my gambling. And I am not betting heavy for the record. I do it for fun. The kind of money I wager is not going to kill me if I lose. But I assure you I am not going to lose all the time. The regular season is better in hockey and NBA for betting. More choices and the playoffs are tough. At least where the point spread is concerned

^^ Hey, I'm not busting your chops for gambling. I personally think all kinds of gambling should be legal here in the U.S.A. & I only wish I had the stones to lay some money down. I imagine I would have made a killing betting on the Ravens in the championship game, but that's another sport.

Getting back to baseball, I see the Indians are putting it to the Phils. Something to make me smile.

Archived