FEBRUARY: THE PARTY MONTH!

Strider

It used to be February was a cold and lonely little month, known mostly for Valentine's Day and suicides by the broken-hearted.

But thanks to certain schedule rearrangements by various organizations, February is absolutely popping with parties. Now with the NFL permanently moving the Super Bowl to the first Sunday of February, there are four consecutive weekends of events/parties to enjoy in the shortest month of the year. They are...

Weekend #1: Super Bowl

Weekend #2: Grammy Awards

Weekend #3: NBA All-Star Weekend

Weekend #4: Academy Awards(Oscars)

For those of you asking me where I've been, that's the main reason my presence here has been slight since the Super Bowl. I'm not sick...I'm okay.

It used to be February was a cold and lonely little month, known mostly for Valentine's Day and suicides by the broken-hearted.

But thanks to certain schedule rearrangements by various organizations, February is absolutely popping with parties. Now with the NFL permanently moving the Super Bowl to the first Sunday of February, there are four consecutive weekends of events/parties to enjoy in the shortest month of the year. They are...

For those of you asking me where I've been, that's the main reason my presence here has been slight since the Super Bowl. I'm not sick...I'm okay.

So what you saying Sean...You've got a Life...LOL

Not to mention all the fun Aquarius people parties : )

Daytona 500. :^)

On this we agree! :yesnod:

Sorry to see your boy Kahne get wrecked early, partially because he took the 29 out with him!

So add the 500 to the party list, oh and every 4 years me and mrs. Walter get to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

:peace:

Sorry to see your boy Kahne get wrecked early, partially because he took the 29 out with him!

So add the 500 to the party list, oh and every 4 years me and mrs. Walter get to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Hey, that's one way to never forget the date... and it keeps the relationship 'young'. ^_^

That's fun. Do you chose a certain day for the non-leap years as your day?

You totally forgot Winternational's Strider! I'm sooo upset!!!! :o

The Groundhog did not get his own party either.

Yeah, he got bumped early but I'm sure he'll take a few wins this year. They just opened a Kasey Kahne shop in town.

I took a pic of his #9 car in town way back a ways. :^)

Don't know if you are quoting someone else or if this is a Strider original, but how profound it is.

Well, I made it up on the spot. But given that there are billions and billions of published words over the millenia, I wouldn't be surprised if those words were uttered in some way before.

That's fun. Do you chose a certain day for the non-leap years as your day?

The Groundhog did not get his own party either.

Yeah, Walter...just how do you do that? Do you go with Feb. 28 or March 1? Are you trying to prolong the 7- year itch? As leap year is every four years, your 7th anniversary won't occur until your 28th year of marriage.

Winternationals, Groundhog Day, Lincoln's and Washington's birthday...and the beat goes on.

Well, we usually celebrate it on March 1. Last year, being a 'Leap Year' and it being 20 years from our wedding date, we had a party with our closest friends. This year is my mother-in-laws 70th birthday, so we are throwing a surprise party at our home. So we won't "officially" celebrate it until March 8th, with things being so incredibly busy right now for the party and all.

We didn't pick the 29th as our wedding date actually, but my father-in-law was playng golf on the Senior Tour and he had to play the tournament that was over the weekend of the 22nd, so since he was paying for it all - the 29th became the date. Actually it's been kinda fun having a weird date to celebrate!

If I remember correctly, Nutrocker has his birthday on 2/29 also...:)

Archived